We are a family of two parents and two teenagers, and we had a grandma with us as well. We enjoyed every bit of our stay in this cottage, and we are marking it for our future trips to Lake Champlain.
1. First and foremost, we loved the access to the lake, with the two kayaks, one canoe and one rowboat included. They were in good conditions. We spent plenty of relaxing time, together or alone, on these and in the water swimming. Having access to these activities at a moment's notice was great.
2. House is fully equipped: almost everything you can think of, from spices and kitchen supplies, table supplies, and grill tools, to cleaning supplies, linen and towels, all are provided.
3. What is supplied is either new or in acceptable/functioning condition.
4. Gorgeous view from a large, clean and well maintained deck with plenty of seating pieces. Here, we enjoyed the breakfast every day and spent relaxing time late in the day and at sunset.
5. House is beautifully decorated. Plenty of seating space. Plenty of board games. Comfortable bedrooms and beds for up to 6 people. Two comfortable bathrooms with enough storage room, and one very clean shower.
5. Beautiful little town of Middlebury is closeby, but otherwise you are in a pretty secluded area (with only a few neighbors on this street).
Cons (these were all minimal and fairly inconsequential):
1. No AC (although in late July we were comfortable with ceiling fans only).
2. No Washer-dryer (we practically didn't need it for the weeK).
3. Although there is a general store at a 5-7 min drive, if you need fruits or vegetable, or other specific items, you may have to go the closest towns for a supermarket (Vergennes, 12-15 min, or Middlebury 25 min). We actually enjoyed these trips as part of our few day trips (including one to Burlington, 50-60 min).
4. Although I saw some brave people biking on the nearby roads, there is limited availability of biking or walking path that could be safe (ie, not on a narrow roads) for everyone.