Slip Away to a Serene Condo in Mountain Village, Colorado
Mountain Village is a small Home Rule Municipality, and the western ski companion to Telluride, Colorado. It has a slightly higher elevation of 9,540 feet, and a lower population that was placed at 978 residents with the 2000 census. Mountain Village is appreciated for its charming serenity and exciting ski slopes that range from easy to treacherous with tenuous slopes at the top of Gold Hill, Coonskin Ridge, and Palmyra Peak.
For a more personal experience, there are a broad variety of appealing choices for lodging. You can reside in a private home by the golf course or near downtown, a condo with a waterfront view, a townhome overlooking a lake, and more.
Let the Ice Games Begin
Whether you favor the grace of ice skating or the rough analytics of ice hockey, you'll find plenty of ice rinks to express yourself in Mountain Village. This small community celebrates ice activities in a big way with 19 rinks conveniently located throughout the region.
Tour the Plazas
After you exit the Gondola’s Mountain Village Station, you'll walk down stairs and enter the Beach Plaza. This is the location of the Ropes Course and Water Walkers Course during the summer.
Heritage Plaza is just west of the Beach Plaza and is the center of the village and plaza core, surrounded by restaurants, shops, and lodges. It features bungee and trampoline jumping throughout the summer and fireplaces and food kiosks in the winter.
Just south of Heritage Plaza lies Reflection Plaza. It transforms from a grassy play area in the summer to the Mountain Village Ice Rink in the winter.
Further south, and reached by gondola, is Sunset Plaza. Tourists and locals gather here during the summer for The Sunset Concert Series, featuring an array of highly popular artists.
Ride the Gondola to Telluride
Take a free ride to Telluride on the Telluride Mountain Village Gondola. You'll enjoy mesmerizing views along the way.
Enjoy a Scrumptious Meal
- Legends of the Peaks is praised for serving outstanding hot breakfasts and brunches. Their full-service spa offers massages, body treatments, facials, and five spa tubs for relaxing.
- Allred's Restaurant serves American and seafood in a contemporary setting
- Sundance serves fine American cuisine
- The Village Table serves American, Spanish, and international cuisine
- Gondola Grounds Coffee Cafe
- Popover Cart Telluride is praised for serving tasty cinnamon rolls with whipped cream cheese and other mouth-watering treats.
Step Out for a Meal and a Drink
- Tomboy Tavern is a fun American bar and pub for a casual night out
- Poachers Pub serves casual American fare and great beer
- Gorrono Ranch Restaurant and Saloon serves American and Mexican food and has a full bar
- Alpino Vino is an upscale Italian restaurant and bar
- La Piazza del Villaggio Ristorante serves classic Italian fare and great drinks
Weather in Mountain Village
Mountain Village shares a frigid Alpine climate with its neighbor to the east, Telluride. Summer months bring temperatures into the mid-70s, and winter lows in January hover close to zero. This little town provides tourist activities all year.
How to Get to Mountain Village
When weather permits, the Telluride Regional Airport brings tourists within a few short miles of Mountain Village. Quite often, weather precludes the use of Telluride's Airport, so visitors arrive about 70 miles north in the city of Montrose at the Montrose Regional Airport and rent a car to traverse the final leg of their trip. Many tourists have found little use for automobiles once they've checked in to their place of residence, because free gondolas and the Galloping Goose Public Bus System provide efficient transportation service at no cost.