About the property
- Villa750 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 28 nights
2 Bedroom, 1 Bath -- sleeps 4, a short walk to beautiful Bean Point beach!
Gladiolus Getaway can be yours for an affordable vacation in the sun! Located at the quiet North end of Anna Maria Island, this charming 2-bedroom, 1-bath villa is a short walk to beautiful white sand beaches at Bean Point. The best swimming beach is on the Gulf side of the Point just a few minutes walk. The Rod-N-Reel Pier is right around the corner where you can enjoy a morning cup of coffee, evening cocktail, or simply watch the dolphins play. Visit a variety of shops and restaurants along Pine Avenue in downtown Anna Maria. Enjoy the Gulf breezes from the screened lanai or patio area. Living room has brand new leather couch and recliner. The bedrooms have a King bed and 2 twin beds (twins can be converted to a king). Amenities include free wireless internet, cable TV, Roku, telephone, washer/dryer, dishwasher, microwave, and gas grill. Beach gear includes chairs, beach wagon, umbrellas, mats, and cooler. Children welcome!
We do not require Saturday check-ins and check-outs, which makes it easier for you to book flights and get the best prices on your flights. We're close to 3 airports: St. Petersburg/Clearwater International (47 mi), Tampa International (56 mi), and Sarasota International (20 mi).
See our adjoining property "Gladiolus Hideaway" HomeAway listing #4625973. Rent both properties for a combined 4 bedrooms and 2 baths (8 person occupancy).
1. The unit is "turn-key" furnished. Towels & bed linens are included.
2. A beach wagon to haul your gear to the beach is provided. Umbrellas, folding chairs, beach towels, mats, and beach toys too.
3. Enjoy outdoor cooking on the gas grill.
4. Relax or dine on the screened porch with table and chairs or on the patio under the umbrella.
5. Master bedroom has a King size bed & the second bedroom has 2 twins. The 2 twin beds can be converted to a king size bed.
6. Both bedrooms have dressers with plenty of drawer space.
7. Bathroom has tub and shower. There's also an outdoor shower spout for rinsing off after the beach.
8. The landline phone provides free local and long distance calling within the US and Canada.
9. Free high speed wireless internet.
10. TVs with Cable channels are located in the living room and master bedroom. There is a DVD player and Roku box in living room. Bring your Netflix or Amazon log-in information and stream all your favorite shows!
11. Games and puzzles for rainy days.
12. Sectional sofa and recliner make the living room a comfortable spot for reading or watching TV.
13. Ceiling fans in living room and both bedrooms.
14. Laundry room is complete with full size washer & dryer. Iron and ironing board provided.
15. We provide limited "starter supplies" including soap, a roll of toilet paper and a roll of paper towels. It is our goal to keep a variety of cleaning supplies on hand, but we can't guarantee that these supplies will be replaced between guests. We do our best!
16. The kitchen is fully equipped with dishes, pots & pans, utensils, microwave, Mr. Coffee 8-cup drip coffee maker, Keurig coffee maker, and dishwasher.
17. Park right in front of the cottage. Room for 2 vehicles (no RVs, trailers, or boats).
18. This property is a duplex with "back-to-back" entrances, not "side-by-side". You have your own private parking area, patio, and entrance.
19. We are located 6 houses from the beach access point at the north end of Gladiolus St. From there it's a short walk down a path between two homes to the beach. In recent years there has been an accretion of sand at Bean Point, so it's another short walk from the end of the path down to the water. All in all, about 5 minutes. A second beach access point at the end of N. Bay Blvd. (one street over) takes you over a wooden walkway right to the beach on the bay side of Bean Point.
20. We have a Property Manager on call in case of emergencies or maintenance problems. There is no charge to you for this extra peace of mind!
21. We use a cleaning service between guests and they do a great job. If you would like to hire them during your stay, please contact us or the Property Manager.
House Rules for Gladiolus Getaway:
We hope you have a wonderful vacation in Anna Maria. Please read and follow our "house rules."
1. Check-in and Check-out: Check-in is at 3:00 pm and check-out is 10:00 am. If we don’t have a same-day turnover, we may be able to accommodate you with an early check-in or a late check-out. Please check with Cindy.
2. Garbage: Trash pick-up is on Monday and Thursday. Recycling is picked up on Monday. All cans are located in front of the property. Please deposit your trash bags in the appropriate cans (green for garbage and blue for recycling). Do not wheel bins to the curb (City ordinance requires “side door” trash pick-up). Guests in the rear unit will also be depositing their trash in the same cans—please be accommodating!
3. Parking: Maximum # of vehicles permitted is 2. All vehicles must be parked in front of the unit with all 4 tires off the road. Boats, trailers and RVs are not permitted.
4. Noise Ordinance: The City of Anna Maria has a noise ordinance, which is strictly enforced. Quiet hours are in effect from 10:00 pm until 8:00 am daily. Violation can result in a fine and/or eviction.
5. Supplies: We provide a few limited “starter” supplies (a roll of toilet paper, a roll of paper towels, a small bar of soap). We aim to keep a variety of cleaning supplies on hand, but it’s not always possible to replenish these supplies between guests. We ask that you please leave whatever you don’t use for the next guest. If you purchase any supplies, you may take them with you when you leave or leave them for the next guest.
6. Linens & towels: Please leave unmade the beds you slept in. Launder all towels (inc. beach towels) except those you use the morning of check-out. We ask you to do this because of the short cleaning time between guests.
7. Dishes: Please wash and put away pots and pans before departure. Load and start the dishwasher.
8. Gas Grill: We make every effort to keep an extra propane tank on the premises. If you need a propane refill, you can take the empty tank to True Value Hardware, 5324 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach 34217, 941-778-2811. Cost is $21.00 (as of March 2018).
9. Patio Umbrella: Please lower the umbrella when not in use & upon departure. It tends to blow over in high winds!
10. Sunscreen: Do not use sunscreen inside! It will stain the linens and furniture. Sunscreen spray will permanently damage and discolor the finish on the terrazzo floors and. Thank you!
11. Internet, Cable TV, DVD, and ROKU: See detailed instructions located on the premises.
12. Problems with Internet, Cable TV, or Phone: If you have any problems with internet, cable TV or phone service, call Spectrum at 1-855-657-7328 and ask for technical support. Spectrum requires that you be on the premises when the call is made.
13. Phone Number: We have a land line at the property. Our plan allows unlimited local and long distance calling within the United States and to Canada.
14. Mail & Faxes: Home delivery is not provided in Anna Maria City. Guests must arrange for a P.O. Box with the postmaster or have their mail sent “General Delivery”, Anna Maria, FL 34216.
15. Accidental Damage: If anything is accidentally damaged (furniture, beach gear, linens, etc.), please notify the Owner or Property Manager.
16. Emergencies & Maintenance: We have a Property Manager, Fran Maxon Real Estate, Inc., located in the Island Sun Plaza at 9801 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria, FL 34216. Phone 941-778-2307. Property Manager is available to respond to emergencies or maintenance issues. For any other questions call or text Cindy.
Thank you and enjoy your stay!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 17, 2018
About Cindy Miller
We grew up in Maryland, went to high school together and have been married since college. Gary served 5 years in the Marine Corps most of it at Kaneohe Marine Corps Air Station in Hawaii. We loved Hawaii so much we ended up spending 12 years there and then decided to return to the States to be closer to family. Florida was the closest we could come to Hawaii with warm weather and lots of beaches!
Cindy Miller purchased this Villa in 1991
Why Cindy Miller chose Anna Maria
We bought the property when we moved to Florida in 1991. We lived in the front "A" side of the duplex while renting the back "B" side to an annual tenant. We moved to the Tampa Bay area for work-related reasons, but kept the property so we could continue visiting the Island and renting to others. We've now converted both sides to vacation rental units. We take pride in our property and aim to provide our guests with everything they need for a comfortable and memorable stay!
What makes this Villa unique
Our place is a short walk to the beach at the beautiful north end of Anna Maria Island. You will enjoy strolls on the beach, dips in the Gulf and gorgeous sunsets! We also love walking out to the Rod N' Reel pier for breakfast or lunch. We know you will fall in love with Anna Maria just as we did!
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Yet another fabulous stay on AMI in this lovely cottage. This is our 3rd year staying in this home and we're booked for our 4th year for 2019. Pride of ownership is very evident with continual updates we see during our annual visits. This visit included a new patio and new living room furniture. Perfect north end location in a fully stocked home always found very clean. Highly recommend this villa.
Thank you Gary and Sue! It was wonderful to have you back at Gladiolus Getaway. See you next year!
Great place to chill
Looking forward to the next visit! Rod & Reel right around the corner. 😊
Thanks, Gia! Wonderful to have you and please do come back when it's less "chilly"!
Lovely Cottage, Perfect Location, Affordable
We really enjoyed our stay. Everything we needed was provided including a wagon, beach chairs and beach towels. A very comfortable bed, nicely appointed kitchen...everything made for an excellent stay. The location couldn't have been better. On the north end of the island. North of Pine Ave and all the crowds there and a block and a half from the access to the beautiful beach at Bean Point. We are planning on returning to AMI again next year, we love it here. The location of the island is convenient to Tampa, Sarasota and even Orlando, but a peaceful haven (especially on the north end where the house is located) away from the hustle and bustle.
Thank you Linda! So glad you enjoyed the cottage and peaceful location. Please return soon!
Very Clean and well equipped
Had a wonderful stay in this rental liked it so much that were already planning on staying here again next year.
Thank you so much! Enjoyed having you at Gladiolus Getaway and looking forward to your next visit!
This was the perfect retreat for our family so we could attend our friend's destination wedding. The villa is only a block away from the beach, the fishing pier (which also has a small bar and cozy restaurant), and less than a mile from town. We rented a couple of bikes for the week and never had to get in a car. Can't wait to book our next trip!
Chris, glad you enjoyed your stay and the location. Look forward to having you back again!
Affordable & Adorable Cottage in a Prime Location!
This is our favorite place to stay on AMI. Perfect location in quiet area of the island two blocks away from the best beach at Bean Point! The cottage is immaculate and very well kept.Everything you need is there including beach towels, assorted beach chairs,toys,umbrellas,coolers and a beach wagon to haul all your stuff to the beach! Outside shower to rinse the salt and sand off after a glorious day at the beach.Kitchen is fully equipped if you want to cook or there are several great restaurants within walking distance! The property manager and the owner are very pleasant and helpful. We will keep returning to this gem.
Thank you Betty! Wonderful to have you back again and looking forward to your return next year!
Whether you are just visiting or planning to stay a while, you will find Anna Maria Island the perfect spot for a variety of activities to please any age group. Located on the Gulf Coast of Florida just south of Tampa/St. Pete and North of Sarasota. You will enjoy some of the best beaches in the country on our quaint Island. Anna Maria Island is just 7 miles long with an atmosphere that is laid back and low key. The moderate climate is ideal for golfing, tennis, or any other outdoor sport you enjoy. The beautiful, relaxing environment will keep you returning year after year to enjoy our piece of paradise!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Holiday rate is $925 per week. See rates section for dates