Four short walking blocks from the St. Charles streetcar and close to lots of eateries, a grocery and drugstore. My home is 90 years old, in a beautiful historic neighborhood that is very safe and super convenient to anywhere you want to go in the greater New Orleans area. Apartment is self-contained, beautiful, very comfy, and has everything you will need for your stay!
Beds - 1 queen, 1 loveseat full size sleeper, 1 folding roll-away cot/bed (150 lbs. max), and "sleep on me" sofa and loveseat. Note: This listing is also available as a 2 bedroom/2 bath, adding a full bed, full size futon and an additional roll-away cot - see listing #958166.
The space - Home away from home in a 90 year-old historic home. Fully equipped, and we should be able to accommodate any special requests you have. Please note that there is one folding cot/bed, 150 lbs weight limit. Also, this can be rented as a one or two-bedroom apartment - please see my two-bedroom listing #958166 if a larger group is coming or multiple beds and bathrooms are required.
Guest access - Apartment has private patio and entrance. Swimming pool and spa are in the backyard, contact host for access.
Interaction with guests - My adult son and I live in the remainder of the house, but you will rarely see us unless you need us!
Historic neighborhood - great for walking and jogging. Very close to universities and lots of local eateries. Super safe, great for jogging or long walks down our tree-lined street.
Getting around - St. Charles streetcar is a short walk away and will take you to the French Quarter/CBD/Warehouse District. Centrally located, one mile from I-10. Other transportation options are available including driver service and city buses.
Other things to note:
- Booking guest must be at least 25 unless have positive reviews have been posted by other hosts, and all guest under 25 must be accompanied by booking guest.*
- Please note that there is one folding cot/bed, 150 lbs weight limit.*
- NO parties or large gatherings, and no more than two "visitors" allowed to visit (cannot sleep over). Primary use is for registered guests, and guests must respect host and neighbors' right to privacy, peace and quiet. Quiet time after 9pm. Perimeter and entrances are monitored by surveillance.*
- NO access to backyard (location of hot tub and pool) except by pre-arrangement with owner, 9am-9pm, no glass allowed. Hot tub will be heated one hour per day/night of stay, as requested by guests; pool is not heated.*
- Small pets are okay with additional cleaning fee - please email host.*
- No smoking or vaping inside, but there is a cute little patio area at entry way.*
-- There is no off-street parking, but all neighbors have their own driveways so parking is never a problem on the street right at the apartment's walkway.
*Violator and other guests will be immediately removed from the property and no refunds will be issued.