|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Palmer Point is one the oldest cottage colonies in the Adirondacks. We have been in continuous operation since 1895 offering cottage and boat rentals. Palmer Point is close to all area attractions, but in a quiet, lake front setting. Sights include hiking trails, horseback riding, Enchanted Forest/Water Safari water park, The Wild Nature Center, river rafting, restaurants, Inlet Golf Course, Thendera Golf Course, on Fourth Lake, Fulton Chain of Lakes, movie theater, gift shops, souvenir shops, ice cream stands, Arrowhead Park events such as July Fourth fireworks, Black Fly Challenge race, bike rentals. The Main House, with its screened in porch and big fireplace is perfect for breezy days and cozy nights. It is located right on the waterfront with a spectacular view across Fourth Lake.
My family absolutely adores the ADK; unfortunately, we cannot say the same thing for the Palmer House. It is important for other prospective renters to know the following:
1. The listing states that the Palmer House "is located right on the waterfront with a spectacular view across Fourth Lake." While the Palmer House is waterfront, it's view is nearly completely obstructed by the pontoon boats that they rent and dock directly in front (within 5 feet) of the screened in porch. This occurs day and night.
2. The Palmer House is part of a heavily trafficked gas station. The pictures do not show the view of the gas tank, a few mere feet from the screened in porch, and the gas pump that is also nearby. When the gas tanker arrived to fill up the gas tank, it was during our lunchtime. This resulted in the smell of gasoline pervading the inside of the Palmer House and forcing us to quickly finish up our lunch and leave for the rest of the day (It was that bad....). Similarly, anytime a boater came for a fill-up, the smell of gas overwhelmed the screened in porch causing you to flee.
3. This listing also states that the Palmer House's amenities include, among other things, bicycles, canoes, kayaks and pedal boats. These items are not included as part of the rental as you would expect for something listed as an amenity. Instead, for an additional price, they can be rented. That is not clear from the listing.
4. The drawers and closets are inexplicably cluttered with what can be only described as junk, and also there piles of YEARS old magazines. Both of which leave the impression that no one cares about the state of the Palmer House.
5. While the main level bathroom has been updated and there is a new stainless refrigerator and a new stainless stove, the rest of the place clearly needs a lot of TLC (which includes a thorough cleaning).
We could go on and on....
In sum, my family will most certainly return to the ADK, but will not return to the Palmer Point property again. We sincerely feel that we were victims of a classic "bait and switch" and want others to be forewarned.
We had a really great time @ Palmer Point! The main house is much bigger than the pictures look, we were very impressed with everything.The people are so friendly, it was like we'd known them for years. Their hospitality was superb! I highly recommend Palmer Point, that is if you want "the perfect place" on Fourth Lake!
Located off Rt. 28 just 7 miles east of Old Forge on the shores of beautiful 4th Lake in the Central Adirondack Mountains, and only minutes from the towns of Eagle Bay and Inlet.
Cruise the Fulton Chain of Lakes and enjoy the scenic views.
Surround yourself with beautiful evergreens and rustic flare.
Make Palmer Point
your next vacation destination.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
Weekly rental rate is $2,200
Available for weekly rentals from May through October and winter season rental from December through March.
$2,200 per week
$7,000 for winter season