|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Palmer Point is one the oldest cottage colonies in the Adirondacks. We have been in continuous operation since 1895 offering cottage and boat rentals. Palmer Point is close to all area attractions, but in a quiet, lake front setting. Sights include hiking trails, horseback riding, Enchanted Forest/Water Safari water park, The Wild Nature Center, river rafting, restaurants, Inlet Golf Course, Thendera Golf Course, on Fourth Lake, Fulton Chain of Lakes, movie theater, gift shops, souvenir shops, ice cream stands, Arrowhead Park events such as July Fourth fireworks, Black Fly Challenge race, bike rentals. The Main House, with its screened in porch and big fireplace is perfect for breezy days and cozy nights. It is located right on the waterfront with a spectacular view across Fourth Lake.
Palmer Point has proudly served the public since 1895. It is a beautiful property. The view of Fourth Lake is spectacular. The Palmer House is wonderful and has an amazing porch steps from the water.
We rent boats of all kinds: pontoon, sail boats, row boats, canoes, kayaks, SUPs and offer a discount to our guests. (kayaks and canoes can be reserved at no charge)
Our children, nieces, nephews, and friends work at Palmer Point during the summer. It’s a wonderful place for them to learn and practice excellent customer service skills. We are passionate about providing a wonderful place for families to enjoy the Adirondacks.
The Palmer House is beautiful and is seated right on 4th lake. The screened in porch butts right up to the water. The house is spacious which suits our family since my brother and I share the house with our children. There is plenty of room for the kids to run and a nearby beach for them to swim. The kitchen is large and great for making big family meals! Overall, it is a great place to stay! I've been coming up to the Adirondacks since I was born (so that makes it 39 years now). It is my favorite place in the world. You have water, beach, hiking, woods, mountains, canoeing, kayaking, water skiing, great food, family, gift shops and plenty to do with kids like mini golf, Enchanted Forest Water Safari, Bingo, and more!
We had a group 10 adults and the house was plenty big! Great access to fourth lake and trail 5. True cabin feel! Owners were great to deal with. Would definitely come again!
Palmer House is a beautiful spacious cottage in Palmer Point. The new owners acquired the property from Mr. Palmer , who had it in his family since the ADK's were being settled. They have managed to update what was necessary yet maintain the authentic old Adirondack charm and simplicity.
There are comfortable beds, a screened in porch over- looking the lake, a beautiful stone fireplace, updated kitchen and 2 modern bathrooms. The old photos, maps, magazines and games of by gone days give it that authentic feel and are fun to enjoy on a rainy day.
Palmer House is the largest cottage in a small compound with other cottages ( perfect if you have a large group gathering, our family rented 3 for a family reunion). There is a sandy beach with shallow entry into the lake. There is a large dock with Adirandack chairs that a perfect for sipping your morning coffee or evening beverage.
I must comment about a previous review about the gas pump and pontoon boats. The pump itself is not at all that close to Palmer House. Boats coming in for gas park at the end of a long dock. We never smelled gas fumes. They do rent out pontoon boats. Usually people pick up around 9 am, and return around 5 pm. Most of the boats are out all day. We rather enjoyed watching the boating activity.
Palmer House is a clean, authentic Adirondack cottage that accommodates a large family or group comfortably.
great place for any season ! we greatly enjoyed our stay in mid winter
palmer house was nice and cozy warm when arrived, and no problems with getting around, even though we had 12" of snow .comfortable , clean and cozy best describes our time there .
My family absolutely adores the ADK; unfortunately, we cannot say the same thing for the Palmer House. It is important for other prospective renters to know the following:
1. The listing states that the Palmer House "is located right on the waterfront with a spectacular view across Fourth Lake." While the Palmer House is waterfront, it's view is nearly completely obstructed by the pontoon boats that they rent and dock directly in front (within 5 feet) of the screened in porch. This occurs day and night.
2. The Palmer House is part of a heavily trafficked gas station. The pictures do not show the view of the gas tank, a few mere feet from the screened in porch, and the gas pump that is also nearby. When the gas tanker arrived to fill up the gas tank, it was during our lunchtime. This resulted in the smell of gasoline pervading the inside of the Palmer House and forcing us to quickly finish up our lunch and leave for the rest of the day (It was that bad....). Similarly, anytime a boater came for a fill-up, the smell of gas overwhelmed the screened in porch causing you to flee.
3. This listing also states that the Palmer House's amenities include, among other things, bicycles, canoes, kayaks and pedal boats. These items are not included as part of the rental as you would expect for something listed as an amenity. Instead, for an additional price, they can be rented. That is not clear from the listing.
4. The drawers and closets are inexplicably cluttered with what can be only described as junk, and also there piles of YEARS old magazines. Both of which leave the impression that no one cares about the state of the Palmer House.
5. While the main level bathroom has been updated and there is a new stainless refrigerator and a new stainless stove, the rest of the place clearly needs a lot of TLC (which includes a thorough cleaning).
We could go on and on....
In sum, my family will most certainly return to the ADK, but will not return to the Palmer Point property again. We sincerely feel that we were victims of a classic "bait and switch" and want others to be forewarned.
We had a really great time @ Palmer Point! The main house is much bigger than the pictures look, we were very impressed with everything.The people are so friendly, it was like we'd known them for years. Their hospitality was superb! I highly recommend Palmer Point, that is if you want "the perfect place" on Fourth Lake!
Located off Rt. 28 just 7 miles east of Old Forge on the shores of beautiful 4th Lake in the Central Adirondack Mountains, and only minutes from the towns of Eagle Bay and Inlet.
Cruise the Fulton Chain of Lakes and enjoy the scenic views.
Surround yourself with beautiful evergreens and rustic flare.
Make Palmer Point
your next vacation destination.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Dec 1 2016 - Mar 31 2017
121 night minimum stay
Apr 1 2017 - Oct 15 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
Weekly rental rate is $2,200
Available for weekly rentals from May through October and winter season rental from December through March.
$2,200 per week
$7,000 for winter season