|Space||2,000 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Spacious & well appointed luxurious upper unit in a Spanish Revival style duplex located in the historic district of Los Angeles (Lower unit - VRBO Listing #500845). Very private.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, Living Room, Breakfast Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Private front and rear entrances in 2,000 SF (185 meters squared) palatial setting
- Modern Central heating and air conditioning (NEST Controlled)
- Free Internet, WiFi and Satellite TV
- Each bedroom is appointed with estate pieces and flatscreen TVs
- Elegant design with fine art and antiques throughout the property
- Fully Equipped Kitchen with stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, blender, toaster, bean grinder, dishes, utensils, pots & pans
- Utilities included in rate - no hidden charges
- Master bedroom with king sized bed and 45" flat screen TV
- 2nd bedroom with queen sized bed and 40" flat screen TV
- 3rd bedroom with twin trundle bed & 40" flat screen TV
- Pillow top mattresses in main bedrooms
- High Quality 100% cotton linens
- High capacity front loading washer/dryer in unit
- Private, walled back yard with patio and water fountain - lounge chairs provided
- Ample street parking (restricted by permit which is provided)
- Garage (possibly) available for a fee
- Very well maintained historically protected property in Carthay Circle
- Hertz car rental one block away
- A block from Beverly Hills
- Walking distance to Temple Beth Am
- Minutes to Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- a short drive to The Grove, Melrose District and 3rd Street
- a short drive to the center of West Hollywood
- a short drive to UCLA
-10 minutes to Century City
- 20 minutes from LAX
Andrew loves all things vintage and restores things as a hobby. Pam was an art major at UCLA and has a critical eye for decorating. Together they love maintaining this classic LA style home in the historic South Carthay Circle District and hosting guests.
South Carthay is a historical district in Los Angeles located on the site of the former vegetable fields for Ralph’s Market. Residential development in the area began during the early 1930's. Almost half of the single-family dwellings in South Carthay were designed and built by Greek developer Spyros George Ponty, who built homes throughout Los Angeles and Beverly Hills. Ponty and other contractors constructed homes in the Spanish Colonial Revival style. The characteristic use of low-pitched red tile roofs, arched doors and windows, and smooth stucco exterior finishes provides visual continuity and cohesiveness to the neighborhood. South Carthay residences are exceptional for their quality construction, skilled craftsmanship, decorative detailing, and individuality — no two homes are exactly alike.
- Beautiful Spanish Colonial Revival style duplex
- Distinct Architectural Details
- Hardwood Floors
- Vintage Furnishings
- Central Air Conditioning & Heat
- Internet / WiFi / Direct TV
- Washer / Dryer
- Full Kitchen
- Ample Street Parking
- Exceptional secluded patio and private gardens
- Close to Beverly Hills, Westwood, UCLA, Melrose District, the Grove, West Hollywood, Downtown LA, USC
- Hertz Rental one block away
Close to all LA attractions. Well kept 1930s property with all current amenities. Everything you need for a pleasant stay away from home. Property manager is very nice and helpful. We enjoyed our visit and will re-book anytime we visit LA.
My husband and I spent 4 days in the upstairs duplex in mid February.
The house is on a beautiful street of well maintained historic homes. It is spacious with all hardwood floors. There are terraces and a beautiful backyard with a fountain.The owner's reps are a lovely couple who live next door and are available to help with any issue. The owner clearly cares that his guests are happy and taken care of.
The property is so beautiful, maintained to the period and really charming. The owners are exceptionally responsive, incredibly kind and so accommodating. The property manager was so helpful and able to work with us and our schedule. We have stayed twice and have reservations to return a third time. Have nothing but the highest accolades for the place and the people!!! If more than five stars were an option would give it 500!!!!!!
This was our second time staying in this home for the Thanksgiving week and it was great- again! The owner came over almost immediately to fix some light; everything else was in perfect working order! The home is clean, well decorated, and has a beautiful backyard. I highly recommend this house!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$99|
Weekly, Monthly and Long term rates are available. Please inquire. For bookings cancelled up to 60 days before the start of the stay, traveler receives a 100% refund. For bookings cancelled up to 30 days before the start of the stay, traveler receives a 50% refund.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Minutes away from Beverly Hills, West Hollywood, Hollywood, & 10 freeway.