About the property
- Apartment2000 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 nights
3 BR & 2 BA Spacious Home In Spanish Colonial Duplex With Private Yard & Parking
Spacious & well appointed luxurious upper unit in a Spanish Revival style duplex located in the historic district of Los Angeles (Lower unit - VRBO Listing #500845). Very private.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, Living Room, Breakfast Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Private front and rear entrances in 2,000 SF (185 meters squared) palatial setting
- Modern Central heating and air conditioning (NEST Controlled)
- Free Internet, WiFi and Satellite TV
- Each bedroom is appointed with estate pieces and flatscreen TVs
- Elegant design with fine art and antiques throughout the property
- Fully Equipped Kitchen with stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, blender, toaster, bean grinder, dishes, utensils, pots & pans
- Utilities included in rate - no hidden charges
- Master bedroom with king sized bed and 45" flat screen TV
- 2nd bedroom with queen sized bed and 40" flat screen TV
- 3rd bedroom with twin trundle bed & 40" flat screen TV
- Pillow top mattresses in main bedrooms
- High Quality 100% cotton linens
- High capacity front loading washer/dryer in unit
- Private, walled back yard with patio and water fountain - lounge chairs provided
- Ample street parking (restricted by permit which is provided)
- Garage (possibly) available for a fee
- Very well maintained historically protected property in Carthay Circle
- Hertz car rental one block away
- A block from Beverly Hills
- Walking distance to Temple Beth Am
- Minutes to Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- a short drive to The Grove, Melrose District and 3rd Street
- a short drive to the center of West Hollywood
- a short drive to UCLA
-10 minutes to Century City
- 20 minutes from LAX
-25 minutes to DTLA / USC
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 25, 2018
Andrew loves all things vintage and restores things as a hobby. Pam was an art major at UCLA and has a critical eye for decorating. Together they love maintaining this classic LA style home in the historic South Carthay Circle District and hosting guests.
Why Andrew chose Los Angeles
South Carthay is a historical district in Los Angeles located on the site of the former vegetable fields for Ralph’s Market. Residential development in the area began during the early 1930's. Almost half of the single-family dwellings in South Carthay were designed and built by Greek developer Spyros George Ponty, who built homes throughout Los Angeles and Beverly Hills. Ponty and other contractors constructed homes in the Spanish Colonial Revival style. The characteristic use of low-pitched red tile roofs, arched doors and windows, and smooth stucco exterior finishes provides visual continuity and cohesiveness to the neighborhood. South Carthay residences are exceptional for their quality construction, skilled craftsmanship, decorative detailing, and individuality — no two homes are exactly alike.
What makes this Apartment unique
- Beautiful Spanish Colonial Revival style duplex - Distinct Architectural Details - Hardwood Floors - Vintage Furnishings - Central Air Conditioning & Heat - Internet / WiFi / Direct TV - LG Washer / Dryer - Fully stocked Kitchen - Ample Street Parking - Exceptional secluded patio and private gardens - Close to Beverly Hills, Westwood, UCLA, Melrose District, the Grove, West Hollywood, Downtown LA, USC - Hertz Rental & Temple Beth Am one block away
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Easy access and spaceous
We stayed 6 adults for 4 nights in the upper apartment, and extended the stay 2 more night as we had more to do in LA, then in the lower Apartment. I will recommend both; clean and Nice and great hospitality from the hosts
Thanks for the kind words. I am glad it worked out and that we were able to extend your stay with us. Safe travels. Pam and Andrew
Great property, great location, very clean
Awesome location. Very clean. The most comfortable beds ever!
Thank you! We hope you come again. Safe travels. Pam & Andrew
Loved everything about this house
The house is very spacious and in a very safe neighborhood. We really enjoyed our stay, although the pillows, sheets and covers had stains on them we had to buy new ones but other than that we loved it!
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The sheets are checked by the cleaning crew during the change over process so I am wondering if possibly your children left the stains as we also had to replace the sheets after your departure with new ones. And it is very unusual to have that happen twice in one stay. Anyway, safe travels. Andrew
VERY CLEAN AND SPACIOUS WITH NICE YARD.
THIS IS A VERY NICE HOME WITH TWO FLOORS TO CHOOSE FROM. WE CHOSE THE UPPER FLOOR BUT HAD TO MOVE DOWNSTAIRS BECAUSE THE AIR CONDITIONER WASN'T WORKING. NO BIG PROBLEM, JUST HAD TO MOVE DOWNSTAIRS. THE PLACE IS VERY CLEAN AND SPACIOUS. NICE FOR A FAMILY. IT IS A MIXTURE OF OLD AND NEW. IF YOU LIKE SOME QUAINT NICE PIECES AND COLOR, THIS IS THE PERFECT PLACE. MY DAUGHTER KEPT SHOWING ME ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS IN THE HOME. MY DAUGHTER HAD HER SMALL DOG. IT WAS PERFECT SINCE THERE WAS A NICE YARD. A VERY NICE COMFORTABLE PLACE TO STAY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.
Our LA home away from home!
The authentic details of this historic home are left in tact and the house is a gem! we absolutely loved every inch of house and historic feel. Linens and bath towels are of very good quality, home was very clean, and the location really is great as it worked out to be more in the "center of things" for us. Only reason not a 5 is only 1 TV works unless you have Amazon or Netflix. That was disappointing, but we were not there to watch TV. The A/C was somewhat of an issue, but it was cool at night, so we'd open the windows. It has A/C, but one of the bedrooms would not cool down and it was set to go up during the day, so by the time we got home, it was pretty warm and didn't cool until probably midnight! The couple other small issues we had, our contact responded to VERY quickly and resolved them. Would absolutely stay there again-we loved this home! Do very much recommend the home!
The property was outstanding and very centrally located. It was cozy, and a fantastic layout.
We had such an incredible vacation and made incredible memories for our family. The property added so much to our entire experience. The spacious layout, warm and inviting neighborhood, ability to take long walks close to home was fantastic. Loved the patio and having a kitchen & utility room was glorious!
Minutes away from Beverly Hills, UCLA, West Hollywood, Downtown LA, USC, & 10 freeway.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Weekly, Monthly and Long term rates are available. Please inquire. For bookings cancelled up to 60 days before the start of the stay, traveler receives a 100% refund. For bookings cancelled up to 30 days before the start of the stay, traveler receives a 50% refund.