|Minimum Stay||5 nights|
DO YOU WANT TO “FEEL LIKE A PAMPERED MOVIE STAR”?
(as one of our guests so aptly put it, see our reviews)
• We offer an attentive concierge (and attentive owner!) who will attend to your every vacation need, from the details of transportation and provisioning, to the chef services, In home spa services, child care, and fun adventures to be planned.
• Another guest states '... the service here has been impeccable. Everyone from Bari to Sondra to Miguel to Leslie has been wonderful: attentive, nice, and fun. We will recommend this place to everyone and will definitely be back ourselves!'
LIKE THE IDEA OF YOUR OWN PERSONAL ART GALLERY?
• Vista Hermosa is a virtual treasure trove of artwork, from the paintings on the wall, to some of the furniture
• The owner is a well-traveled interior decorator, and the family has collected art pieces from around the world
• No sterile surroundings,here! Vista Hermosa has beautiful original art throughout, and the owner has carved out little relaxation nooks in the home. You can lounge on the Bali bed on the Master Suite Terrace, or stay under AC looking out toward sea from the Haitian bed inside.
• From another guest “The setting and decor were amazing with different pieces from around the world that reflected pride and love in ownership of this unit.”
WHAT DOES VISTA HERMOSA OFFER?
• Breathtaking views from the moment you enter, and from each room
• Spacious floorplan with 3 bedrooms, 3 ½ bathrooms, and laundry room (full size washer/dryer) and 2800 ft sq under A/C
• 4 terraces to enjoy the jungle sounds of resident howler monkeys and parrots, and to enjoy the views (another 745 sq ft of covered private outdoor terraces)
• Beautiful Shared Infinity Edge Pool
• Great arrangement for families with 2 king suites and guest suite with 2 full beds… the “Master” has a jetted tub, while the “2nd Master” has wrap around windows with more views.
• Individually controlled central A/C, so each bedroom and the great room can be set independently
HERE’S WHY WE BOUGHT THIS CONDO IN THE FIRST PLACE
• Stunning views
• Convenient layout (privacy between Masters)
• Easy Access (no steps!)
• Luxurious details throughout, from the granite kitchen countertop to the Italian travertine countertops in the powder room, marble flooring in the bathrooms, etc.
• Close Proximity to the Pool (just off the guest terrace)
• Location, location, location – within the exclusive Peninsula Papagayo resort gates and privy to the resort amenities
3 AMENITIES INCLUDED IN OUR RATES
• Our amazing concierge is your personal resource and can set you up with dining or spa reservations on the premises or coordinate chef and spa services at your vacation home, not to mention the plethora of adventures you can experience by land or at sea!
• The Arnold Palmer golf course and tennis center – beautiful views on the golf course with lots of animal life!
• The private Prieta Beach Club with family pool, lap pool, splash pool, fitness center, restaurants, and long beach backed by tropical dry forest – low volume of guests and more privacy
While Vista Hermosa is my family’s personal vacation home, I handle several other villa and condo rentals at Peninsula Papagayo.
READY TO RESERVE YOUR NIGHTS?
Call me, Jane Moore, at 305-600-0766 or email me using the yellow email owner button to the right and expect a prompt reply. I’m here to help you arrange an amazing vacation at Peninsula Papagayo.
This is Gavin from the recent group at Villa Hermosa. I wanted to give you a little feedback. First, thank you for your great service and especially your responsiveness, which got things off to a good start. I think that's especially valuable for first time visitors to Costa Rica.
We did two boat days with your crew Alex and Robiron (sp?). I've been on a lot of charter boats, and operated boats myself with groups. Your guys do a very nice job, and they do a good job of delineating roles during the tour. I would do boat trips with you again in the future without hesitation. We had a diverse group in terms of experience and ambition level, and within those confines we did well. You obviously know dive and snorkel charters well, so little about this is likely to surprise you.
We also did a bike tour with Leslie Sanchez. There were four of us on the ride, and three of us are former professional riders. Granted, we're middle-aged and far from our former abilities, but we all still ride actively. So, we're tough customers. Leslie pulled off a really great experience for us, and it was a lot of fun to do it with him. He integrated into the group well, is physically fit himself and pieced together an interesting and challenging route. I was favorably surprised and impressed. You won't find a lot of groups that need a ride as challenging as what we did, but scaling back is easier than the other way around. If I had to choose among all the things we did during our visit to your area, and our subsequent days in the Arenal area, it would be the trip with Leslie.
Thanks again for your contribution to what was a very positive experience in Costa Rica. Laura and I have already had a chance to recommend you to friends of ours that are planning trips to your area. And hopefully we will be back down there at some point in the future ourselves.
My family and I stayed at Vista Hermosa over Spring Break and it was, to say the least, an absolutely wonderful experience. The condominium is beautifully furnished and lacks nothing you will need during your visit. All of the bedrooms and bathrooms are furnished with high quality linens and local organic bath products. Right next to the condo is an amazing infinity pool that was great for relaxing while at the condo. However, we enjoyed spending the majority of our time at the beach club and the beaches. The beach club has wonderful service, wonderful food, and of course a wonderful beach. We used boogie boards, took surf lessons, and watched turtles hatch and make their way to the ocean. It was a very cool experience. There is also a great beach where the kids spent hours in the calm water snorkeling, searching for shells, and just floating around. In the mornings we would take the golf cart and drive around looking for monkeys and birds. There were often "pizcote" on the golf course and tons of monkeys playing around in the trees. The wildlife there is unique and gorgeous.
All in all it was an amazing week for our family in Costa Rica. I would absolutely recommend anyone of any age visit this magical place.
We highly recommend staying at Vista Hermosa if you are planning a stay on the Papagayo Peninsula!! It is beautifully appointed with gorgeous art and stylish furnishings. The main living and dining space has a huge balcony and there are also individual balconies off of each bedroom, an infinity pool right next door - all of which overlook the driving range and ocean. There is also a nicely equipped kitchen and great jetted tub in the master bath!
If you are looking for relaxation - this is the place. A typical day was waking up early, driving the golf cart 9 holes looking for monkeys and birds, checking out a beach or two (again with barely a soul in sight!). Back for some breakfast and then going to either the Prieta Beach Club, Four Seasons or Andaz to hang out with a day pass. The Andaz adult pool was awesome, with howlers and white-faced monkeys lazing in the trees around the pool all day, plus a couple of coco-loco tropical drinks and some cevice - can life get any better? If had the kids with us they would have loved the family pools at the Andaz and Four Seasons too.
In the afternoon we'd hang out by the condo pool (basically our own pool as nobody else was ever there during our entire stay!). For dinner, sometimes we would grill (we stocked up at the Mercado in Coco and Liberia - we preferred Liberia - both about a 45 minute drive) and sometimes we'd head out to a restaurant (lots of options close by!). We did get some great tenderloin and lamb chops at the butcher (Carnes San Martin - stellar, right by airport in the Solarium development at the back left hand side). The grill is awesome and I was able to sous-vide some ribs and sear them on the grill; sooooo good. Note, a great place to go and see the sunset is the 3rd hole or the Prieta Beach Club.
Honestly, the decisions to be made were really about which beach, what drink? It was that good. Totally recommend it!
Bari is awesome too - makes scheduling anything easy. Took the boat to a few beaches and saw the caves one day. Was a nice change of pace and learned to paddle-board too. She also arranged for our car - which was great.
Another tip is to get duty-free rum after you land in Liberia - it is right in baggage area. A liter of Flor De Cana there will set you up for the week!!
Book it. You'll love it!
If you generally stay at Four Seasons properties and are considering visiting Costa Rica, you need to go to the Peninsula Papagayo: that much is a fact.
But when you choose where you stay in Papagayo, consider this: if you want privacy, luxury, and common spaces for groups to enjoy one anothers' company, staying at Jane's property is a far better deal than the Four Seasons. I know because I spent the entire week trying to find reasons to prove otherwise.
As a travel writer, I was in Papagayo writing an article on why the Four Seasons is such a remarkable hospitality brand and why people live and die to stay in their properties. They have perfected the guest experience. Yet when you look at the big picture -- what are ultimate travel amenities that money CANNOT buy? -- you get things like "the whole pool to yourself" and "feeling like a local" which are experiences that are made inherently obsolete with a certain level of corporate success.
Fortunately, thanks to Jane's fleet of rentals, travelers can still find these things -- albeit, located right next door to the Four Seasons property -- and for a wonderful fraction of the big brand price. Money you can spend on stuff that really matters: like more champagne :)
The condo was awesome. Everything was done well. Bari - our concierge was wonderful. You must rent the gold cart. It made it super easy to get to the beach club and to the Four Seasons for lunch or dinner. The pool right next door was great. The kids used it every day. The property was very clean and well maintained. The condo was perfect and the views outstanding. It was one of the nicest places we have every stayed in and would go back again if staying in that area. Zip lining at witches rock was fun. We rented jet skis and enjoyed that too!
The challenge with the area is its distance to a decent grocery store. We thought we would be doing more trips through Liberia but it turned out it was just too much driving so we ended up spending more time just relaxing by the ocean - which was great. We should had Bari stock us with more food. The grocery store was far away and a little bit of a challenge locating the items we needed.
I would recommend getting a place to stay in the middle of the country and visiting the rain forest for a few days to enjoy that part of the country and then come relax on the coast.
This was a wonderful place to spend the week with friends. We had 3 couples in a 3 bedroom unit and rented 2 golf carts. The grounds are immaculate. We enjoyed hanging out at the beach, the infinity pool, cruising in the golf carts and eating nice meals. The area was very safe and secure- Bari our concierge even said we could leave the keys in the golf cart! The food was amazing and the beach club (you have access to this) has great waves and super soft sand. There is an infinity pool, restaurant and lots of shade and a work out room. There is wifi at the beach club and the house- all included. Also daily maid service was included. We had a chef come and cook for us 2 nights- food was excellent- you can choose the menu. The house was very high quality- granite and marble and super nice kitchen. Water is safe to drink. Nice washer and dryer- so pack light and do a quick load of laundry. We took 2 boat trips that left about 1/2 mile away from the house. We also did a jungle hike and zip line and mud bath- about 90 min away by car. (they picked us up) We are going back next year for sure!!
The Papagayo Peninsula is such a special place... amazing views, wildlife, and ocean. This in our second trip to this part of the world in six months. First time we stayed at the Andaz resort, which was nice but cramped for our family. This time we decided upon the Las Terrazas. The condo is everything you see in the description and pictures -- absolutely perfect! The concierge can set up dining reservations, excursions, private chef, grocery service... You name it. All the amenities of the other resorts are also at your disposal. With this condo, there is a pool out your door, an Arnold Palmer golf course, a beach club, and tennis facility. The condo is beautifully furnished and comes with everything you'll need for a wonderful stay. The owner Jane is fantastic. She provided great recommendations. She stayed in touch with us before, during and after our stay to make sure everything was going well. We actually have considered buying a unit at this property. If we don't, we'll definitely return again and stay at this condo!!! Thank you.
Zip Line Canopy Tour, Mineral Hot Spring Excursions, White-Water Rafting, Volcano Exploration, Fishing, Boat excursions, Surfing, Scuba Diving, Mountain Biking, Hiking
|Refundable damage deposit||$1,500|
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. If a season is not defined, please ask for rates, such as Festive 2016/2017 rates.