About Joey Manieri
Following global careers with a Fortune 50 company, John and Ning retired in Bay St Louis and love every minute of it.
Why Joey Manieri chose Bay St Louis
Bay St. Louis is called 'A Place Apart' for good reason. This small beach town has uniquely retained the gentility and ambience of its roots as the traditional summer cottage community for New Orleans families. There is plenty to keep you entertained for days or weeks -- great local retail shopping, restaurants, and bars; miles of quiet sand beaches and biking trails; casinos and community theater; near shore and marsh fishing as well as deep sea charters; golfing, boating, sailing. If you have a yacht club membership you likely have reciprocity with our beautiful Bay Waveland Yacht Club. Start your day at the Mockingbird or the Buttercup, and begin your Bay adventures. When you're ready for a day trip, New Orleans, Gulfport, and Biloxi are a short drive away.
What makes this Cottage unique
• Master bedroom with comfortable queen-size bed and TV • Guest bedroom with twin beds • Quality new mattresses and bedding in both bedrooms • Renovated bathroom with rain head shower • Outdoor shower with hot water • Large den with new queen-size fold-out couch and TV • Sitting room with comfortable reading chairs and library • Dining room with seating for four • Recently renovated kitchen – fully equipped for an extended stay • Refinished original wood floors throughout the house • Screened-in front porch surrounded by live oaks • Bicycles for your use • Rear deck with Adirondack chairs and gas grill • Off-street parking for one car, arrangements available for second car • Washer and dryer in the garage with complementary laundry supplies • Beach chairs, umbrellas, beach towels, and coolers available • Wireless high speed internet and cable TV • Professionally managed & maintained by MANIERI REAL ESTATE, LLC
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Minimum age of primary renter:25
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Beautiful, comfortable cottage
This house was SPARKLING clean! The grounds were neat and well kept. The air conditioner worked VERY well and the ceiling fans did not make noises. We did not run out of hot water during 3 consecutive showers. My parents and I loved sitting out on the front porch in the mornings sipping coffee and eating our breakfast. The beds, pillows, linens and comforters were comfortable and the kitchen was exceptionally well stocked. Parking was a little tight with 2 vehicles, but we made it work. Such a pleasant stay so close to everything, yet just removed enough to be quiet and serene. Heaven. The owners were gracious and friendly. Mr. Manieri was exceedingly helpful with the check in process [and with check-out]. Very knowledgeable about the area and helpful with suggestions! Thank you so much for allowing us to rent! We enjoyed our stay and will be recommending this house to friends.
Precious cottage close to everything!
Such a charmer in the heart of town! Loved the wood floors, stylish Decor and absolutely adored the screen porch! Will be back!
Relaxing and comfortable
We enjoyed our three night stay soooooooo much that we are looking forward to doing it again soon! We are from Mandeville, and we were wanting a quiet, relaxing, comfortable (AND effortless) getaway from it all. We chose the Bay St. Louis area because my husband and I grew up with family summer homes nearby that are no longer available to us. We both have wonderful memories from then. The 'Garconniere' allowed us to have the kind of getaway we sought as well as a 'stroll' down memory lane!!!
Repeat Visit Review
I've stayed in this cottage four times and it is always my first choice when visiting Bay St. Louis. This year, much to my delight, the cottage had been painted pastel pink. My sister, daughter, and I enjoy a girls' trip every year and this house is one of the reasons. We love the front porch, the beds are comfy, the kitchen nicely stocked, and there's TV and Internet.! We have access to a washer and dryer, which we usually use once during our visit. Will definitely be back!
Delightful Long Weekend!
I'm a very particular HomeAway renter/tenant having stayed at homes in the past that were nothing like the pictures and description depicted. I can tell you this is NOT one of those homes. This is a spotless, private, and delightful cottage in a perfect location. We can't thank the hosts enough for their hospitality and for investing in such a gem in BSL. Thank you for opening your home to our family and for being pet-friendly. We were able to relax even more knowing our dog was there with us! Heidi's favorite part of the cottage was the screened porch, it was her human's favorite too! We simply can't wait to come back and stay again!! Thank you!
Peaceful retreat at the Bay
The cottage has a lovely airy feel.
I enjoyed my afternoon wine and snacks on the front screened porch.
Close enough to Main Street to walk comfortably.
Quiet neighborhood with many outstanding old trees, park nearby and short distance to beach access.
It was too hot to use the bicycle this visit but would definitely enjoy another time.
Bay St. Louis is a historic beach community of well-kept residences where families from New Orleans traditionally spend their summers. It’s a charming, lively beach community with great beaches, restaurants, and shopping.
Garçonnière is in the heart of Bay St. Louis’ Old Town area. Within a 5- to 10-minute walk of the front door:
• Sand beaches, fishing piers, boat harbor, and access to miles of paved beach walking/bike trails along the Mississippi Gulf Sound
• Many great restaurants and retail shops (www.baystlouisoldtown.com) as well as the community’s Little Theater, Depot District museum, and historic 100 Men DBA Hall
• Playground, duck pond, and large parks for young ones
Within a 5- to 15-minute drive from Garçonnière:
• Two grocery stores and a large Walmart
• Two casinos – Silver Slipper and Hollywood (with its Arnold Palmer designed golf course open to the public)
• Several public boat ramps and Buccaneer State Park
Within a one hour drive on I-10 from Garçonnière:
• The French Quarter in New Orleans
• Shopping in Gulfport
• Nine casinos in Biloxi, e.g., Hard Rock & Beau Rivage