About the property
- Apartment960 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
Apartment has 2 bedrooms, 1 full bathroom. Sleeps 4
Located in the trendy North Shore neighborhood, this cozy apartment is perfect for the budget conscious renter who is looking for a place that is close to downtown without paying hotel rates. Close to everything Chattanooga has to offer. It’s a short walk to riverfront restaurants, shops, and attractions and just across from the Walking Bridge to downtown and the Tennessee Aquarium.
There is a gas grill, modern TV's with cable and internet included. A kitchen with all utensils so you can save on food expenses. Large deck with great views of the city.
If you are looking for a clean place with comfortable beds close to the city and ample parking, this is a great choice!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 19, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Great location, dog friendly! Good value
We enjoyed our stay. The location is perfect
Great location. Beautiful view
This is a very quiet, clean, nicely furnished apartment . The balcony offers a great view of the city. Easy access by walking or Uber. I would recommend and stay there again.
Excellent location, decent space, in need of a deep clean
Overall, we greatly enjoyed our stay in Chattanooga and the location of the VRBO was ideal. It's a great neighborhood, and you can hit most attractions in the city on foot and by public transport if you want. There's also excellent parking if you prefer to drive. The size and layout of the apartment is great, but there are a few details that would bring this review from 3 stars to 5 stars if they were fixed:
1. The door. Guests are not provided a key to the front door of the apartment. They must use the back door, which opens directly into a bedroom. This can be a problem if you have some guests in that room going to bed early, other guests coming in later in the night. Note there's a second bedroom, so you can use that one for early sleepers.
2. The door knobs. There's a useless second doorknob on the back door that must be turned at the same time as the locked doorknob, i.e., you need 2 hands to open the door, every time. This is a real pain when you have kids, luggage, groceries, etc
3. The "ick" factor. The apartment is generally neat and tidy, but the kitchen and bathroom are in need of a good, deep clean. There's no obvious mildew or anything, just a general smell that builds up when things are quickly wiped down without being thoroughly scrubbed for a long time. All the silverware and pots and pans had a film on them. The pots smelled like bacon when we boiled water. The stovetop emitted a very foul odor when turned on, like burning chemical cleanser or something. We purchased our own sponges.
4. The towels. I really wish we'd brought our own. The moment they became damp with use, they smelled like deep-rooted mildew. They've probably been left sitting wet in the wash too long, and should be replaced.
5. The shower makes a non-stop, high-pitched whistling sound. This is a real problem if you want to take a shower while other people are sleeping.
Clean and nicely decorated apartment close to everything. Would definitely rent again.
Great location, functional!
The exterior could definitely use a bit of pressure washing but the interior was very clean. Due to mold and mildew the stairs, already narrow and steep, were slippery. The furniture was adequate and functional. An ice maker and dishwasher would be convenient, as well as a few courtesy items like coffee, maybe a few shopping bags for dirty shoes or clothes...? We also noticed a lack of horizontal surface, especially in the bathroom and no full length mirror:(
5-star location and customer service. We did have a few issues, but they were handled quickly and professionally. We were very grateful for that.
Because we did have several issues and the furniture was pretty worn out, I went with 4-stars so not to mislead anyone. But I want to stress that the customer service made up for the issues.
-Given wrong code for check-in (contacted them and they responded within minutes with new code)
-Fire alarm needed a new battery and started chirping every 30 seconds starting at 12:30AM which made for a VERY rough night of sleep. We did try to take out the battery and remove it, but it was connected to others. Since there was another unit in the building we didn't want to risk setting off all the alarms. I let them know first thing in the morning, and they made this right and were very apologetic.
- Back bedroom sheets smelled like they had been left in a washer for quite some time before getting to the dryer. We couldn't use that bedroom for our first night. They were also very apologetic and changed the sheets when fixing the fire detector the next day.
- Back bedroom's cable didn't work. This wasn't an issue for us though because we didn't spend much time inside. This will be the first they're hearing about this because it wasn't important to us. I'm sure they would've fixed it had we mentioned it!
Overall we had a great trip and never used our car because the location of this unit was perfect!
library, churches, marina, bird watching, walking, paddle boating, scenic drives, ATM/bank, laundromat, babysitting, massage therapist, medical services, groceries, hospital.