Be prepared to enjoy the view of the stunning sunrises over the ocean and enjoy a refreshing drink on the back deck to view the incredible sunsets over the marsh. Enjoy a fully stocked and newly renovated kitchen with granite countertops and all the amenities. Watch porpoises at play from the comfortably furnished Great Room. Enjoy the gas fireplace on cool evenings or star gaze from the hot tub. The upper floor is reserved for the extra large master bedroom with a comfortable king size bed, en suite bath and large sitting room. Two other bedrooms are located on the main floor, and contain 2 twin beds and 1 queen bed.
- House2000 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Min Stay2 - 7 nights
3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 1 half bathroom, sleeps 6-8
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Aug 16, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
We loved our week at the house!!
Glenn had everything we needed and more. We never even had a need to get in touch with him.
The whole family loved it!!
Thank you Glenn for an amazing vacation to remember!!
Beautiful, peaceful, waterfront perfection!
This was our second visit and we loved it just as much as the first. Cant wait to come back!
Our favorite cottage on the bay!
This was our second stay at 511 Bay Ave. During our ten glorious days there, we were able to relax and disconnect from the busyness of our daily lives due to all of the amenities this cottage provides - towels, linens, stocked kitchen, super comfy beds, spacious, open living spaces, and fantastic views from every window/door.
We loved lounging on the deck after long walks on the beach. Relaxing in the hot tub under the stars was a perfect way to end a perfect day. Our two Labs were in heaven on the dog-friendly beach. Huge thanks to Glenn for opening his property to well-behaved dogs.
Glenn’s cottage was spotless and fresh flowers greeted us upon arrival. We came home well rested and with a bounty of beautiful shells from our beach walks. We even found a sea star!
Glenn was super responsive to any questions that came up during our stay. Cannot wait for our next visit!
Exactly as advertised
This is the perfect place for a nice quiet vacation, well away from crowded beaches. A nice large deck with a hot tub and a great water view tops it all off. This home is super clean and very well stocked. I would strongly refer and recommend this vacation rental to anyone.
Great stay! The location is excellent. You can see a beautiful sunrise and sunset from this house.
Great decor and amenities! We enjoyed the ample living space.
An amazing retreat for anytime of the year!!
This beautiful home is truly what the doctor ordered!!! Although it rained and stormed most of my vacation, I enjoyed walking on the beach and playing catch with my doggie. This home has everything to make your stay stress-free including a perfectly appointed kitchen, all linens, beach towels, bikes, hot tub (managed to get a few 'soaks' in-between the storms) you name it, it is here!! This is about my 6th time staying at the cottage and I will definitely be going back!!! The owner is awesome and works to ensure that your stay is amazing every time!!!
* DuPont Nature Center - Lighthouse Road, Slaughter Beach -- open Tues-Sun 10pm to 4pm www.dupontnaturecenter.org
* Midway Casino - 15 West Rider Road, Harrington, DE 302-398-7228
* Dover Air Force Base Air Mobility Command Museum 1301 Heritage Road, Dover Air Force Base, DE -- open Tues-Sun 9am to 4pm, Use Rt. 9 entrance
* Lewes, DE -- historic District
* Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, DE -- $8/day for out of state vehicle
* Peas Patch Island, Fort Delaware State Park -- open Wed-Sun. Built in 1859 and once house Confederate prisoners
* Dogfish Head Brewery -- 6 Cannery Village Center, Milton, DE - tours Tues-Sat starting at 11am. Make reservations by calling 302-684-1000
* Killens Pond State Park, Killens Pond Road, Felton, DE -- waterpark, trail rides, paddle boat and canoe rentals open daily 8am to sunset
* Golf - The Rookery North, Business Rt 1, Milford, DE & The Rookery South.
* Movies at Midway Atlantic Theater - Rt 1 Lewes, DE 302-645-0200
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until the reservation is confirmed. Pets considered with prior approval.