|Space||600 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
A private cottage on beautiful Damariscotta Lake, Maine (one of Yankee Magazine's 8 most beautiful, most inviting places to cool off of New England's great lakes; 2013) …relax while listening to the loons.
Renting spring - summer - fall.
* Peaceful 1 bedroom cottage with detached bunk house on Damariscotta Lake water front in Newcastle, Maine.
* Master bedroom with queen bed, pine interior with vaulted ceiling.
* Pullout sofa (double bed) in living room.
* Detached bunk house with twin beds.
* Large wrap-around deck.
* Open concept living room/dining room with large deck on 10 acre wooded lot.
* Large picnic table and grill.
* Well equipped kitchen with refrigerator, electric range, microwave, toaster, and coffee-maker.
* Private well water suitable for drinking.
* Large bathroom with shower.
* Linens/towels are not provided, but available.
* Great swimming off the dock on the property.
* Public boat ramp near.
* Internet/Wi-Fi available.
About the area:
Damariscotta/Newcastle/Pemaquid region offers beaches, boating, fishing, hiking, ocean, lakes touring, theater, shopping and more:
o We are located in Newcastle, a 60-minute drive from the airport (Portland WPA).
o 10-min. drive to town with restaurants and shops on the Damariscotta River.
o 10-min. drive to gym/tennis.
o 30-min. drive to Pemaquid Beach and Light House.
o Two of east coast best beaches within 90-min. drive; Popham and Reid.
o Largest stretch of sandy beaches in Maine's coast.
o Antique Browsing - in many towns and public sales in the area.
o Sailing, fishing and island tours of picturesque Maine villages.
o Close to the beautiful Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.
o Near great hiking and trail exploration.
o Portland - beautiful sea-side city with professional sport teams, museums, boat tours, restaurants and shopping
o Augusta (our state capital).
o Brunswick -Bowdoin College, Maine State Music Theater, restaurants, and shopping.
o Boothbay Harbor – botanical gardens, theater, restaurants, shopping, boat tours & more.
o Belfast, Rockport, Rockland, & Camden - shopping, museums, hiking, boat tours & more.
o Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.
As a Maine native, Wilt grew up in Portland, Maine and attended Deering HS. He met Judy at the University of Illinois. After graduating, they both traveled through Wilt's Navy career and corporate America, returning to Maine in 2001. They are happily settled in their home near this cottage and enjoy the pleasure their cottage brings to others.
Owner/Manager: Judy & Wilt Jones purchased this cottage in 1979
This Maine lake property is a unique and beautiful spot near the ocean of Mid Coast Maine. This area has been associated with and enjoyed by our family for over 250 years, from the time of the founding of Damariscotta Mills, Maine.
The property provides the serenity of the forest and the tranquility and beauty of the lake. The cottage proximity to local activity and services, as well as easy access to other areas of Maine, allows one the option to explore or just relax.
We had a lovely stay on your quaint little cottage. We enjoyed the peace & quit & relaxation that comes with being on the lake.
Thank you for your hospitality!
We had a great time at the cottage. It was peaceful, very comfortable, super clean and accommodating. We loved the wooden deck with a picnic table and grill near by. And most of all we loved the dock over the lake. We spent as much time as possible on this dock, swimming, sunbathing, reading, admiring the loons and the stars. The bunk house is also a brilliant part of the deal. It's very cozy and incredibly charming. The bunk house really feels like a summer adventure in the woods. We were just a couple and two friends, but this would be a great place for a family to stay. Judy and Wilt are very friendly, helpful and attentive.
We also loved the town of Damariscotta. We rented a paddle board from Mid Coast Kayaks who had reasonable prices. And we had the best lobster rolls in the state of Maine at Larson's Lunchbox. This a great, easy and beautiful place to stay and visit.
Damariscotta/Newcastle/Pemaquid region offers some of the most affordable vacation options on the eastern seaboard with recreation, beaches, boating, fishing, hiking, ocean touring, theater, shopping
• We are located in Newcastle, a 60-minute drive from the airport (Portland PWM)
• 10-minutes drive to town with restaurants and shops on the Damariscotta River.
• 10-min. drive to gym/tennis
• Largest stretch of sandy beaches in Maine's coast and 30 min. to Pemaquid Beach and Light House
• Two of east coast best beaches within 90-min. drive; Popham and Reid
• Antique Browsing - in many towns and public sales in the area
• Sailing, fishing and island tours of picturesque Maine villages
• Close to the beautiful Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
• Portland - beautiful sea-side city with professional sport teams, museums, boat tours, restaurants and shopping
• Augusta (our state capital)
• Brunswick -Bowdoin College, Maine State Music Theater, restaurants, and shopping
• Boothbay Harbor – botanical gardens, theater, restaurants, shopping, boat tours & more
• Belfast, Rockport, Rockland, & Camden - shopping, museums, hiking, boat tours & more
• Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
|Cleaning||$50 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
$500.00 advance security and reservation deposit to confirm bookings (refundable after check out and cleaning)
Full rental amount due on arrival
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.