Looking for a beautiful destination to escape and relax? We have the perfect place for you! Just North of the small, quaint town of Pangburn, Arkansas this charming and cozy cabin is a wonderful destination for a tranquil getaway. Nestled along the bank of The Little Red River, and only 25 minutes south of Greers Ferry Lake, this location offers many fun and diverse excursions. We are just 3/4 of a mile down from a boat launch, and 150 yards to an easy kayak take out! You can also kayak from Rainbow Island just up the river! The Greers Ferry fish hatchery is a great place to visit! The hatchery stocks rainbow and brook trout in waters impacted by federal dams. Heber Springs is also close by offering shopping, lakes, museums, hiking, and so much more! Heber's Sugarloaf Mountain is about a 30 minute hike with just a bit of rock climbing at the top that leads to beautiful views of the surrounding area. This is a fun and leisurely outing for all ages! The restaurants pictured on this account are a few favorites from the area. Mack's, Cafe Klaser, Chuck's Diner and steakhouse, and Southern Girls BBQ will make you feel right at home with their warm and friendly service and great food!
Pangburn is only 20 minutes from Searcy which is home to Harding University, and a little over an hour away from the folk/bluegrass capital of the state, Mountain View!
The Little Red offers 29 miles of ideal trout habitat below Greers Ferry Dam at Heber Springs. Brown trout running 5 to 8 pounds are common, and a 20- to 30-pounder is always possible!
So, come stay at The Little Red Cabin, and enjoy all the wonderful things that surround it!
Top 25 things to do at our cabin!
1. Early morning coffee on the deck. (It’s my favorite time of day)
2. Catch a trout from the boat dock.
3. Go get ice cream at Susie’s Ice Cream Shoppe downtown, and hang with some locals.
4. Rent a DVD from the Redbox at Dollar General (or)
5. Leave the T.V. off your whole stay.
6. Swing BIG
7. Pitch some horseshoes.
8. Climb Sugarloaf.
9. Take a sunset stroll down our street.
10.Crack open a cold one. (Sarsaparilla)
11. Grill “anything” for dinner.
12. Play board games with the family.
13. Go antiquing in Heber Springs.
14. Play Solitaire with real cards.
15. Feed and watch the hummingbirds.
16. Go see Blanchard Springs Caverns.
17. Tour the trout hatchery.
18. Walk across Greers Ferry Dam.
19. Pick up catfish from Southern Girls BBQ and eat on the deck.
20. Take a nap on the hammock.
21. Go for a swim in Greers Ferry Lake.
22. Mindlessly thumb through an old magazine.
23. Spend the day with a fishing guide catching trout.
24. Stay up late on the deck with lit Tiki Torches. (my favorite time of day)
25. Start off slow, and then taper off!