Tranquil and relaxing apartment with easy access to all of the local amenities
- english, italian
Please consider the following guidelines when booking this property:
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Great location away from the crowds. Incredible views and comfortable.
Dear Bill thankyou so much for taking the time to review and give us such a high score !!! Iits so important that people have good holidays and that we were able to contribute to this. Please visit this beautiful part of the world again kind regards Emily
Perfect spot in Manarola!
To echo most other reviews, we loved our stay here! The view was wonderful, food from Trattoria dal Billy next door was amazing, and the hosts were very kind. Would definitely recommend!
Mixed Reviews ---- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Upon arrival we were met by a nice man, charming and very helpful. It's quite a walk from the train station to the cottage, so be prepared, especially if it's warm.
You need to understand the layout of the cottage to appreciate my comments. The cottage consists of one 10' x 10' room downstairs that has a loveseat, table, 2 kitchen chairs, cabinet, TV shelf, and doors that open to a great view. The second floor is the same size and has a queen-size bed, armoire, and bathroom. There's barely enough room to walk around the bed from the one side to the bathroom. To get to the bedroom you walk up a series of floating stairs anchored to the wall. If you're over 5' 6" tall you really have to duck to make it up.
* lovely view of the Ligurian Sea from doors in the downstairs room.
* nice terrace with two lounge chairs, swing seat, and table for two. Great view.
* Ristorante dal Billy, next door, will serve you on your deck. Food was amazing. Try the 12 course appetizer sampler. The house white wine is pretty good.
* Shower water was hot, and though small was bigger than others in Italy.
* The first floor had a mini refrigerator.
* armoire in bedroom had plenty of space.
* Black mold in the shower.
* While Ristorante dal Billy is great, it's open air kitchen is just a few feet away. Chopping and prep work begin at 7 am. Dinner service, the majority of which is on their patio, goes on until after 10 pm. While it didn't bother us, some people might be offended by the pungent smell of the fish stock that they begin at 7 am.
* The main room was not really conducive to relaxing after a long day exploring Cinque Terre. It would have been nice to have a chair (other than two kitchen chairs) with the love seat. If you drink a glass of wine, there's no place to wash it other than the upstairs bathroom.
* if you want to put your wine glass or snacks you had to either drag the table over or use the kitchen chairs.
* At exactly 10 am on our last day, a woman, presumably the cleaning person, knocks and tells me in sign language that it's 10 and rudely gestures that it's time to get out. I politely say that checkout is 11. She makes it quite clear that I'm wrong and she's right. When I explain that my wife is in the shower, she huffs and storms off. The HomeAway page for the cottage clearly states checkout is 11. Not a nice way to finish a great holiday.
* Connection to mini frig plug tends to not be tight and frig turns off.
Thank you for taking the time to review our traditional Italian cottage which is in the historic village of manorola in the national park if the cinque terra. We are very happy that you enjoyed your holiday and very sorry about the mix up regarding your check out time: it is 10.00 as our conscientious cleaning lady was miming to you but it shows on homeandaway.com only, as 11.00 so you were of course right as well. We do hope you weren't too inconvenienced by this slip up as you were preparing to check out and we apologise. It is something we will try to put right.
We feel extremely privileged to be able to offer visitors from around the world the chance to experience this world heritage village in it's purity. The cottage is typical of the type of property villagers would have lived in. We have furnished it with antique pieces to preserve it's feel and have tried to portray this in our advertising. We don't want people to expect all modern convenience to be disappointed. But we have furnished it with respect and a comfortable bed (yes a little large for the room) and a frugality which is welcoming and sincere. Billy's as you noticed is a very popular and excellent place to eat loved by locals and tourists alike and our guests enjoy the welcome he extends in serving on our terrace.
Italy is a vibrant and busy place where culture and a love of food is central. I'm sorry if the early activity in the kitchen next door was intrusive but in a country where food is so central to life you are likely to encounter this in places which are protected and celebrated for their authenticity. The cinque terre is such a place and it remains so because of the stringent controls on development and access by car! Yes there are hotels in some places where modern convenience is the driver but these are at the luxury end and that isn't what our cottage is about.
Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and I hope we have gone some way to putting things right. We hope that the memories you will take away with you will be those of the sea, the sunsets, the food and the atmosphere that is manorola.
The property worked for us - it is small, but who is indoors while in Cinque Terre?
Billy Dal Trattoria is literally next door and we were served an amazing dinner while sitting on ‘our’ patio watching the sunset. Amazing!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, holidays are so important and we are happy that we were able to have made your time in the 5 lands a happy one, knowledge of the area ( lots of steep walks) but so worth the effort is what the 5 lands are all about and having guests that love and respect this magical place and our little cottage is most appreciated..Come back soon!!!! Kind regards
This small little piece of magic was the perfect place for us! If you are someone that needs lots of space and amenities this is not the place for you but if you want a unique and enchanted small piece of magic over- looking the sweet and quiet town of Manarola and the Mediterranean sea pick the Sea Breeze! The host was very sweet and met us on the path to the place. We loved this area we stayed 2 more nights! The restaurant next door is delicious but be aware they are hopping late into the evening so you will hear the bustle next door. It is definitely tight quarters but worked for us. Thanks Sea Breeze!
Magical sunset views from terrace
Our experience was exactly as others have written already. Beautiful views. Fantastic food served from Billy's next door.
Glad to have found this apartment.
Thanks Emily !
Yey ! thankyou , im so glad you had a lovely holiday with us , really true praise comming from people who live in such a beautiful place as yourselves do , kind regards emily
Manarola is one of the villages in the Cinque terre National Park, on the eastern coast of Liguria. The nearest Town is La Spezia which is only 10 minutes away by the train or 15 minutes in the car. Genoa is also reachable from any train station in Cinque Terre.