|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
Charming 1 Br. Apt., North Pacific Beach attached to beautiful ocean front home. Great charming apt. with panoramic ocean view, private rooftop deck. This private rooftop deck has an unobstructive spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean and miles of sandy coasts. Located less than 100 steps from San Diego's top Tourmaline surf break. A perfect beach apt. attached to a beautiful ocean front home and is located between La Jolla and Pacific Beach. This apt. has a fully equipped kitchen that allows you to prepare meals while enjoying this breathtaking location. You are only steps to the beach and world renound boardwalk that stretches for miles along the ocean or bay. This is the perfect spot for a morning jog or bike ride and of course bikes are included with the rental. You are just a few miles away from La Jolla where you can enjoy five star dining and world class shopping. You may also elect to enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the Pacifc Beach coastal community.
You will be amazed with the apt.'s central location. The unit includes beach chairs, umbrellas and 2 bicycles and one off street parking space. You have found your place at the beach for years to come. See you soon!
My husband surprised me with a vacation for my 40th birthday and decided to stay here. We absolutely loved it! It was so clean and the location could not have been any better. It is close enough to the action on Pacific Beach but far enough away that it is very peaceful and quiet. A short distance to La Jolla as well. The balcony was amazing - we sat up there each day and watched the surfers while we ate or lounged. Although it is a small space it is more than enough for a couple to stay in comfortably. The owner was very nice and accommodating and having the bikes at our disposal was a great plus. Would definitely recommend this place.
My wife and I just sayed here for a week celebrating our 20th anniversary and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I scoured VRBO.com to find the best place I could for the money in the San Diego area (preferably near the beach) and landed on this one. For us, a beach front location was one of our top priorities and this one was great. The unit is on the upstairs backside of a multi-dwelling beachfront house with the special gem of having its own private rooftop patio (~12x40?) with an incredible view all the way up & down the coastline. This sold me on renting it and was the highlight of the unit for us.
- Location, location, location! This absolutely met our desire of being close to the ocean. It's at the end of a dead end street so there was no "thru traffic". It was also fun being right in front of a top surfing spot along Mission & Pacific Beaches.
- Rooftop patio. This was amazing! We spent time up there at least part of every day. We watched the waves roll in, listened to the surf, watched the surfers & sunsets.
- Sue (the owner) was very kind & welcoming. Her living on the property afforded us the access to her if we had any issues (had none) or questions. She even met us upon our arrival which ended up being almost midnight.
- Many extras! Included with the unit were a pair of nice bikes with helmets, boogie boards, beach chairs, and beach umbrellas. We could have paid more to rent these but it was great having them included!
- The unit overall. Overall, the unit is very modern & updated. It has a great kitchen, a flat screen TV in the living room and the bedroom, a nicely updated bathroom with a very large shower, a soft queen bed in the master, good wifi, and a washer/dryer (with detergent!). There is a computer in the unit that I used just print off our boarding passes.
Let me preface this section by saying that none of these were show stoppers. None of these would have prevented us from choosing this location.
- The one thing that stood out to me in the VRBO pictures was the living room furniture. The yellow sofa and blue chairs looked old & outdated... like from my grandma's house. They didn't seem to match the rest of the unit's updated characteristics, but worked fine.
- No dishwasher, but no biggie to wash by hand.
- Would have been nice to have a shade umbrella on the rooftop patio.
- There are some power lines obstructing the sunset view.
Overall, 4 stars out of 5! Would have done 4.5 if that was an option! We'd love to come back!
|Refundable damage deposit||$650|