We offer a charming and cozy duplex apartment, picturesque, typically Alsatian, with an area of 80 m²:
-Bottom: a spacious living / dining room of 35 m², a fully equipped and very functional American kitchen, an adjoining laundry room, an elegant and pleasant bathroom with toilet.
-Up: a second toilet and two rooms of character under the roof ridge with exposed beams and parquet floor. One is equipped with a large double bed (160 X 200), the other with a double bed (140 X 190) OR two single beds (70 X 190).
The apartment is ideal for 4 people, but it can accommodate up to 8 people including 6 adults, because the living room is equipped with a sofa bed in a double bed (140 X 190) and we can install -on request- in one or the other room a cot (cot 60 X 120) and a fireside chair (60 X 180) for a child.
Central heating in all rooms.
Non smoking apartment
No pets allowed. (No exceptions will be made)
The stairs do not allow the reception of people with reduced mobility.
Detailed description of the rooms:
- A first bedroom with a large double bed 160 x 200, night tables, chest of drawers, wardrobe, a fan in summer.
- Another room with a double bed 140 X 190 OR CHOICE 2 single beds 70 x 190, chests-tables, wardrobe, shelves, stereo and all kinds of readings, a fan in summer.
- A spacious living room: The lounge area is equipped with a leather sofa convertible into a double bed of 140 x 190 with a quality mattress, a second sofa and two armchairs style around a coffee table. Further, another coffee table with a high-definition flat screen TV, a DVD player, an internet box with Wi-Fi. You will also find many board games for young and old. The dining area is equipped with a large oval table and 6 chairs with large backrest.
- A fully functional American kitchen fully equipped (dishes and utensils, fridge, oven, ceramic hob, microwave, dishwasher (tablets provided), Nespresso coffee machine (capsule), coffee filter, kettle electric, toaster, raclette grill, pierrade)
- A utility room with cupboards, washing machine, iron and ironing board, freezer, vacuum cleaner, household products provided
- A bathroom with shower and corner bath, hairdryer, a toilet, towel warmer radiator.
- Another WC upstairs, between the 2 bedrooms.
This charming apartment is located in a typical Alsatian house, in the city center, in the heart of the historic center of Colmar, in a quiet pedestrian street but nevertheless and very accessible by car from the Rue des Augustins suite. On one side, you will have a view of Colmar cathedral and Alsatian roofs, on the other, on the courtyard of the old chancery of Colmar.
Coming out of Rue Schongauer, you will quickly be caught in the life that reigns downtown and can enjoy all the amenities: Everything is at hand: Many bakeries nearby, butchers, caterers, delicatessens, and especially a covered market (open from Tuesday to Sunday) in the old Halles of Colmar, close to the cottage, ideal for sourcing fresh produce (fruits and vegetables, meat, cold cuts, fishmongers) and where you can even find some takeaway meals, from the world's cuisine, a real treat and very practical! In the city center, you can go shopping in one of the 3 small supermarkets accessible on foot or by car. The city center is full of restaurants, cafes, bars, terraces for a drink and try pies flambées or other specialties of the region and feel like life in Colmar ...
The cottage is also located close to Little Venice, and is centrally located in relation to the 5 Christmas markets in the city of Colmar: All are less than 5 minutes walk from Schongauer Street!
Finally, it takes only 12 minutes to walk to the station through the beautiful park of the Champ de Mars. The city also has 7 museums, 2 cinemas, 2 indoor pools with spa area (sauna, steam room), 1 nautical base with sandy beach !! (reachable in 10 minutes by car)
This cozy duplex, located in a pedestrian area, is easily accessible and has plenty of parking nearby. We rent from April to the end of September a parking space at Parking Rapp, reachable in 2 minutes from the cottage, easy access by car, and adjacent to the city center.
Bed linen and towels are not included in the price, but are available to rent if you wish. You will find the rates in the "Rates" section.
Similarly, the end-of-stay cleaning is charged if you want this option.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact us (in week preferably of evening): We will answer you with pleasure in French, in German or in English.