About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay0 - 7 nights
House, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6-8)
This luxurious, 3-year-old, ocean-view, custom home is found in the New England seaside town of Rockport. Windows surround the home to take advantage of ocean views on three sides, including a view of the Twin Lighthouses. Walk or take a short drive to either the beach or Rockport town center for shopping/art galleries. Take hikes through Halibut State Park's woods and granite quarries. This 2,600-square-foot home has an open, light-filled kitchen, dining area and sitting area with views of the ocean. A King bed is located upstairs in the Master Bedroom with an accessible balcony. A sitting area is also located upstairs with a sofa that converts into a queen bed. Two bedrooms with queen-sized beds are located on the first floor. All bedrooms have ocean views. There is both a front porch table and back patio where you can enjoy meals outside while taking in views of the ocean and sea breeze. Enjoy Radiant Heat in the winter and ocean breezes in the summer. Pictures do not capture its architectural beauty of the home or its views.
Rockport is the picture-perfect quaint New England seaside town located on the point of Cape Ann. Experience long beaches, rocky coastlines, art galleries, museums, open air concerts, dining and shopping in historical Rockport or nearby Gloucester. In the center of Rockport, Bearskin Neck includes a view of Motif #1, the famously-painted building. Numerous coastal attractions include sailing, fishing, whale watching, kayaking, and surfing.
This home is perfect winter or summer for a New-England coastal retreat with friends or family.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 21, 2018
About Kate Dalton
Live in South, but I love to go to the Northeast for summer. Have to get out of the heat to the beautiful, cool, ocean weather!
Kate Dalton purchased this House in 2011
Why Kate Dalton chose Rockport
Have Vacationed in Rockport for 10 years. Perfect place to enjoy the ocean in quaint town or take a train into Boston for nightlife.
What makes this House unique
Home has windows on all sides that truly take advantage of spectacular ocean views. Short walk to beach or town.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Our favorite spot was front porch!
The home is beautiful. Well maintained. THe location is perfect. VIews everywhere! THey had just added 2 big comfy rockers to the porch. These became our favorite spots to sit and relax. THere are a few cars that go by. And a lot of walkers and runners. But all in all very satisfied with our stay. We have family in area but it was easy to get to Gloucester. The grocery store is close by. Had a family BBQ and plenty of room to cook and enjoy family time. We wouldn't hesitate to book again! THamks for a great and memorable vacation!
Marcia, thank you for taking such good care of my home. I am very glad that you enjoyed your visit to our home and Rockport. Please come back! Thank you for your consideration and kind review.
We rented the house for a sisters reunion. When I arrived, I was blown away at how beautiful the house and views were. All 6 of us agreed that the pictures on the website don't do it justice. From the kitchens to the furnishings to the beds and linens, everything was top notch. We were blessed with perfect weather and spent lots of time on the porches and in the backyard. The road is perfect for a walk or run. I have stayed in several VRBO homes and this one was by far the best, hands down. Kate was terrific to work with and responded quickly to all of my emails. I was hoping to book another stay in September but see that the calendar is full, and I know why! I will definitely go back!
Stunning Views, Classy Home
Just came back from a reunion weekend with my mom, sister and our 3 kids. We feel very fortunate to have lucked out with a property so perfect. The Daltons' home is beautiful, pride of ownership shows throughout. It is clean, spacious, with tasteful decor that makes it feel more personal than a hotel would be but not like you are house sitting for someone. Can't say enough about the views of the ocean from every window in the house and the house was clearly designed to take advantage of these views. I had the master bedroom upstairs and felt like it was a dream waking up to the spectacular ocean sunrises visible from the bed and from the ensuite bathroom. My two kids slept on a pull out couch in a mini living room adjoining the master bedroom so it was perfect. The house is wonderfully heated with radiant heating and there was a fire already built and ready to light in the working fireplace when we arrived. Designer kitchen which is a great space for whoever is cooking to also enjoy conversation with people at the bar or take in whatever is happening in the living room. The house has a simple elegance to it without being over the top. Highly recommended for anyone with picky taste about the interior of a place and who wants a quiet getaway. Rockport is pretty dead in the winter but we didn't mind that at all as we were looking for time together --cooking, eating, reading, playing card games etc. Gloucester, which is a 10 min drive up the road, had restaurants, kids' toy store, coffee shops etc open. Lovely home, wonderful owners.
Beautiful house in a stunning location
We had a phenomenal week here and we are booking again for next summer. Here's what we loved about the house:
- Beautiful, modern, clean (and clearly architect-designed) house with nice furnishings and a beautifully laid out and outfitted kitchen
- Large outdoor spaces - a wrap around porch with outdoor eating and a nice backyard and patio - each with stunning views of the ocean and THREE light houses - with plenty of outdoor furniture for relaxing or dinner on the porch or patio and an awesome outdoor shower
- Spacious and private bedrooms with a master bedroom sitting room that can be used as overflow for kids
- Master bedroom with views of the ocean on three sides and a small private balcony - which feels like a suite at a luxury resort
- A separate garage for storage of bikes (which you'll want to rent or bring) as well as a supply of beach chairs, boogie boards, etc.
Here's what we love about the setting:
- The views are just stunning and with huge windows throughout the house and very comfortable outdoor spaces that can fit everyone easily, the views are non-stop. Even though you are across the street from the water, there are water views all around as the house sits on a corner lot on a point of land between Loblolly Cove and Whale Cove
- You can sit in the front porch and have unrestricted views of the TWO Thatcher Island lighthouses to the east, as well as kayaks and sailboats going by, or lobster fisherman busy at work. We spent hours just sitting and watching the changing light and all the boat activity
- You can sit in the backyard in complete privacy and look north and west across Whale Cove to the Straitsmouth lighthouse with sunset views
But most importantly, here's what we love about the location:
- It sits on a very quiet side street that has more traffic from bikes and joggers than cars
- Directly across the street is a short public footpath that goes onto the rocks. These rocks are amazing, we clambered on them for hours with the kids. Tide pools everywhere to explore and amazing views and crashing surf. Hint - get everyone water shoes as the barnacles can be sharp
- We biked to the beach with the kids every day - about a mile on quiet streets to Cape Hedge beach - which is beautiful, sandy and uncrowded. 10 yr olds had no issue with this ride and they really enjoyed it!
- We biked to downtown Rockport on a sidewalk the entire way - about a mile
- Short drive to Gloucester for sight seeing, recommend the harbor tour.
Perfect In Every Way
Just stayed at this lovely place. This is an impeccable home in a magical location. Can’t say enough about how well designed and furnished the home is with ocean views from every room. Many thoughtful touches throughout. It’s the perfect combination of luxurious, homey comforts in an old-fashioned seaside setting. We were particularly impressed by how privately situated each of the bedrooms are from each other. Oh, the views from those comfortable beds! There’s just nothing lacking here for a wonderful vacation by the sea. Open floor plan for gathering together and cozy, private spots, too. And, everywhere you look, you see the ocean. Nice place to bike or walk the neighborhood. Close to town and beaches, too. The owner is very responsive and wonderful.
Update to previous review
I want to update my previous review of 5/27/13...
I was contacted by the owner who said that she has already scheduled to have binds installed on the windows next week. Hopefully this will include not just the upstairs windows but also the downstairs bathroom. She also explained that the soap holders had been removed last week and were supposed to have been replaced before our stay but the property management failed to do so. She is also planning to add the additional items to the kitchen (large skillet, rolling pin, etc.). Given these improvements, I have upped my assessment to five stars for this gorgeous property. Despite the weather being cold and rainy for much of our week-long stay, we thoroughly enjoyed the beauty and charm of the Rockport area. We spend one day sightseeing in Boston (1+ hr drive away) and another day in York, Maine (1.5 hr drive away). The day in York was very fun and I'd highly recommend it. We did the cliff walk, Mt. Agamenticus (beautiful views; be sure to take some pretty rocks from the beach to add to the rock pile on Agamenticus for good luck), and the Cape Neddick ("Nubble") lighthouse. Don't skip the famed Brown's ice cream shop across the street from the lighthouse. They have tons of delicious flavors and the portions are HUGE! We ended our York day by throwing the frisbee on the beach (too cold to swim, sadly). This morning we sat on the rocks (right across the street from the house!) and watched a beautiful sunrise. Now we are headed home to Virginia today and will always treasure the week we spent in Rockport. Five stars for this gorgeous home (once the binds are installed!)
Thank you so much for updating your review. I do plan on having blinds on all the bedrooms and bathrooms for privacy. The blinds installer is arriving the end of May. I am always happy to help in whatever way I can to make your trip more enjoyable. Thank you for your stay and lovely description of your trip.
Art Galleries, Beaches, Foliage, Music/Concerts,, Whale Watching
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
$500 Refundable Deposit is due upon booking. The rental payment and cleaning fee are due 60 days before arrival.