What’s your pleasure? Hiking … biking … golf … tennis … skiing … fishing … boating … swimming … bird watching … horseback riding … ballooning … antiques … shopping … old homes … Civil War history … or just Rest & Relaxation?
Whether you are a Vacationing Family, a Romantic Couple or Friends on a Getaway Retreat, you’ll find all of these activities and more nearby when you stay at this tastefully furnished end-unit townhouse.
Up to 6 people can enjoy luxurious bedding that includes a Queen Size bed in the master bedroom upstairs with a super-comfy Sealy Posturpedic mattress, Twin Beds in another bedroom downstairs, and a Sofa Bed in the living room. Soft down throws and excellent lighting provide a comfortable reading habitat. Or if you prefer, the master bedroom also includes a flat screen TV for your viewing pleasure, with Netflix and other streaming video options..
You will be pleased to find a Kitchen Fully Furnished with all the dishes, utensils, cookware, etc., you’ll need to prepare just about any meal, along with free condiments.
Conveniently located: A Back Deck includes patio table and chairs and a gas grill. You’ll stay nestled against a wooded area for maximum serenity and privacy. Best of all, you will like our home’s Friendly Atmosphere that will wrap around you like a warm blanket on a cold winter day.
You’ll be situated 1-1/4 mile from the Eagle Ridge Inn and a General Store renowned for gourmet selections. If you’re in the mood for fresh air and exercise, you can step outside to access a picturesque walking trail that winds just a few yards outside the door. Other features include:
• Free Wireless Internet. A secure password-protected network.
• A cornucopia of Kitchen Condiments, spices and staples, including coffee and tea selections. This means you don’t have to spend time and money buying a shopping cart full of staples when all you need is a dollop of this and that.
• Gas fireplace. A simple flick of the switch creates warmth and a mood of romance.
• Child friendly. Our home is equipped with a “Pack ‘n Play” portable crib, along with children’s toys, games and DVDs. Our Insider’s Guide will advise you of numerous fun-filled activities in the area for children of all ages.
• People friendly. We also own the unit next door as our personal vacation home. If we are around, feel free to stop by to say hello and join us for refreshments and conversation. If we’re not present during your visit, simply call us with any questions you may have.
• Insiders’ Guide Book. It’s based on living in this area since 1987 and offers reviews of attractions that go way beyond what you’ll find in tourist literature. You’ll get steered to the best restaurants and recreational sites – and advised of some you may want to stay away from. You’ll get unusual ideas about fun things to do and places to go.
About the area: We’re situated in the hilly terrain of “The Galena Territory,” only 8 miles from the historic town of Galena near the northwest corner of Illinois. Forget flat farmland. Ancient glaciers pushed out in this direction and left behind a scenic wonderland of rolling hills and the highest elevations in the state. Fall coloration is truly a sight to behold in this area.
The town of Galena is renowned for a Main St. lined with shops filled with antiques, collectibles, artwork, wine studios, an old-fashioned ice cream parlor, restaurants, bars and more. You can spend hours browsing and shopping.
Another 20-minute drive will take you to across the mighty Mississippi to the vibrant river city of Dubuque, Iowa. If casino gaming and/or dog racing is your thing, this town has some of the best facilities of their kind in the Midwest. If that’s not your thing, Dubuque has a number of other attractions going for it, including a top-notch National River Museum.