|Minimum Stay||1 - 7 nights|
DETAILED DESCRIPTION: Luna Encantada D1 is the MOST POPULAR BEACH FRONT VACATION RENTAL, on Playa's main beach because it is a premier"END CAP" oceanfront condo with a 40 ft. wide Private ocean front terrace.
Offering the privacy of three private bedrooms, one with king bed/full bath,one bedroom w/queen and one bedroom w/ 2 queens sharing a full bath, this luxury beach villa is professionally decorated in a Balinese décor. The ocean is visible from most every room in the villa, especially from the kitchen, living room, and master bedroom where a wall of sliding glass doors and windows offer panoramic views of the water. HOUSEKEEPING INCLUDED.
Travertine marble floors extending onto your private outdoor terrace,(and private side porch) fully equipped chef's stainless kitchen with granite counter tops, original paintings and many other fine details are all there to provide impeccable quality and international style. Even the terrace is furnished in the finest in outdoor comfort for lounging and alfresco dining. The common area courtyard has beautiful landscaping of palm trees, tropical plants, flowers and a large refreshing infinity edged pool and jetted whirlpool bath. Complementary outdoor tables and lounges are provided for relaxing and entertaining around the pool.
These resort condos are set amidst Playa del Carmen’s mythical beach and vibrant international sidewalk scene. A mere half block from the gates of Luna Encantada, Playa’s urbane Fifth Avenue pedestrian promenade beckons with relaxed cafes and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
So make your reservations now and travel to Playa and enjoy the privacy of a spacious beach condo that is not just another of the many all inclusive, luxury hotels, or Cancun resorts. Luna Encantada is prime Mexico beach real estate that is like an island in a sea of small town local charm. Ask about our travel deals, vacation packages, seasonal specials. Luna Encantada is vacation lodging at its finest. Please take a tour of our website with pictures ,maps, and other info about your trip to the Mayan Riviera, land of the ancient Maya.
“Playa del Carmen is the style capital of the Riviera Maya” -Travel + Leisure
“Playa del Carmen is Mexico’s most fashionable getaway” --Conde Nast Traveler
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROPERTY
• HOW DO WE GET THERE FROM CANCUN AIRPORT? Playa is a 45-minute drive south of the airport. We provide a private van service for $185 round trip, max 8 people, child seats available. Other options: Taxi $70 one-way, Rental car, Hourly Express bus.
• WHERE IS THE PROPERTY? Luna is located in the heart of Playa’s main tourist district at Calle 6 and the beach, ½ block from Fifth Avenue. Fifth Avenue is a world famous, 40+-block pedestrian promenade with relaxed cafes and gourmet restaurants, exclusive lounges, and al fresco bars, intriguing boutiques and local purveyors of all types and variety.
• IS LUNA ENCANTADA TRULY BEACHFRONT? Yes and all the condos that we represent in Luna have stunning ocean views.
• CAN WE SWIM AND SNORKEL IN THE OCEAN IN FRONT OF LUNA? Our beach is rated as one of the top beaches in Mexico because of it’s soft white sand and calm aqua blue water providing safe and enjoyable swimming conditions for people of all ages. The reef off our shore offers excellent snorkeling conditions with a multitude of colorful coral formations and exotic fish and marine life but you will need to hire a snorkeling guide with a boat to get there. We recommend the Hobie Cat guide that operates right from our beach.
• DO WE NEED A CAR? Not necessarily because Playa is pedestrian friendly and we are close to everything. We typically walk or cab around town and rent a car on an as needed basis for regional excursions. We offer complimentary parking in our secure garage and have several car rental agencies within a few blocks.
• WHERE DO WE GROCERY SHOP? We have several small markets within one block and several full service grocery stores within 7 blocks.
• HOW OFTEN DO WE GET MAID SERVICE? We offer every other day house keeping that includes fresh linens, bath and beach towels, soap, shampoo, paper towels, bottled purified water, laundry detergent for the washer/dryer room, and trash removal.
• DO YOU HAVE TV, PHONE AND INTERNET SERVICE? We have cable TV, high speed wireless internet, and a phone with free long distance calling to the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Italy, France, Spain and Ireland.
• CAN YOU RECOMMEND ACTIVITIES AND RESTAURANTS? We visit Playa five times a year so we are constantly updating our list of favorite activities and restaurants that we send to all of our guests along with detailed arrival information.
• CAN YOU GIVE US SOME OPTIONS OF OTHER AVAILABLE CONDOS IN LUNA? Yes, just click on our Luna rentals website and photo album link that is located on this website just below the calendar for info and availability on all our listings in the building. (We handle the rentals for 14 out of a total of 24 Luna condos).
• DO YOU OFFER CONCIERGE SERVICES? We offer Personal Assistance for transportation, grocery shopping, babysitting, in-house massage, tours & excursions, tee times, and emergency & medical assistance.
• DO WE NEED TO GET PESOS? Not necessarily. All stores and restaurants in Playa will take dollars and Euros. There are ATMs nearby and places to change money. We usually take about 100 dollars in ones, fives, and tens, which are very handy for tipping, and short cab rides around town.
Susan, the trip was FABULOUS!! Your unit is wonderful. Such a perfect spot, and so glad we were beachfront. It made a huge difference and was so incredibly convenient. Matter of fact, we're already trying to plan our return visit! Thank you for making the planning process so easy. Start to finish, it was a wonderful trip!
We have been to Luna Encantada seven or eight times over the last 11 years since it opened, and in particular have stayed in Unit D-1 most frequently. We have taken friends, family and other times just the two of us. Luna Encantada provides the perfect spot to call home for a week as it is walking distance to anywhere in PDC proper due to it's location on the beach at 6th North. A lot has changed in PDC since our first visit in 2005, the one thing that hasn't is the condition of this property and the helpfulness of the staff once you step foot in a little piece of heaven.
Overall, we had a great stay at Luna Encantada! This was by far the best place on the beach to stay if you want to be in the downtown area of Playa. Was so convenient to everything and the nightlife & restaurants were so nice to have within walking distance. The villa unit was very comfortable and included everything that was advertised. Our kids loved being able to run right out of the door to the pool and beach and the view from the porch was amazing! We would definitely stay here again! The villa staff were also very nice and helpful. See you next time!
Luna Encantada has a ideal location in Playa. The beachfront is lovely and the home is beautifully appointed. We especially enjoyed the intimate nature of the property. With only 24 units, you'll feel right at home.
We had a great stay at Luna Encantada. The beachfront location is excellent. The home is very spacious and comfortably furnished. The 3 bedrooms were perfect for the 5 of us. The beds were comfortable (at least the one I slept on). We liked the ability to walk to all the restaurants and stores on 5th Ave. The kitchen was well stocked and we did make a few meals in house during our stay. The A/C was fantastic to have. The unit was very clean when we arrived. A shout out to Samuel, the beach attendant. He will get you food from the restaurant behind the condo, he sets up chairs and umbrellas and he chases off people who are not staying at the condo.
Exactly what you see online, great town location, great patio, right on the water, super chilly A/C, nice beds, showers, appliances, very spacious, secure, gated, taxi friendly, very nice owner.
This unit fit a dream from my bucket list for our family of four - beachfront, 1st floor, separate bedrooms, 2+ bathrooms, laundry & kitchen. It's very well laid out to give comfort and efficiency.
The unit is exactly as pictured.
It may be overstated but the location in this area is unbeatable. Although it is a rocky entrance to the water, this stretch of beach is one of the best north of the ferry pier. Having Fusion next door provides great food, drinks and entertainment. It is quick to get to 5th avenue (walk out the main gate!) and 5 minutes from the Cozumel ferry. It's also perfect for day trips - ruins, etc...
This unit will make you the envy of many passers by on the beach. I know, they stopped, they gawked, they took pictures, they even asked about it!
We loved having a beach attendant and found him very prompt (you do need to get his attention - a simple wave worked) and will set up an umbrella for shade and provide a menu and delivery from Fusion. His day ends around 5pm and he does put away the chairs, but if you are sitting on one or want to take some out later, that's ok.
We used the kitchen a lot and found the provided dishes, and utensils to work well for us. The provided water was good and plentiful. We used the laundry and that was incredibly nice to have (detergent and softener provided).
How could it be better? The bedroom windows typically need to remain covered. While I did open our patio door in the master, it angles towards the pool so you have to remember it's open before you wander out of the bathroom half dressed. The 2 extra bedrooms have windows facing an external hallway which anyone staying at the condo can walk down. However, our kids only slept in those rooms. Wi-Fi worked about 1/2 the time.
The noise from the upstairs unit can be a distraction. When they push chairs across the floor it's quite jarring and you can hear them walking. Only really an issue the night they were up late and we went to bed early!
There is some wear and tear starting - a cracked bathroom vanity, dings on some furniture, the dishwasher is not leveled in place, and the patio cushions may need to be replaced soon, but for beachfront (and I don't know how much closer you can get without getting wet), the place is in very good shape.
Housekeeping does a great job, security is visible and management was responsive while we were there. We asked for the pool heater to be turned on and they did. This gets extra points in our book!
Located right on the beach in the heart of Playa del Carmen.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 20 2016 - Dec 19 2016
1 night minimum stay
Dec 20 2016 - Jan 3 2017
7 night minimum stay
Jan 8 2017 - Apr 30 2017
5 night minimum stay
RATES DO NOT INCLUDE FEES AND TAXES