About the property
- House3500 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
Sleeps 10 people with 6 bedrooms (4Q& 2T), five bathrooms (4f/1h). Spa & beach
This large new house is located on the shores of the majestic St-Lawrence River from where you will contemplate the tides and the passage of ships. Install yourself in your SPA or on the private sandy beach and breathe the sea air both with spectacular mountain and river views. Furthermore equipped with top-of-the-line furnishings and a warm decor, this residence will offer you an unforgettable stay !
The house is 3 km from the centre of Baie-St-Paul, on a quiet road with two pretty waterfalls that leads to a dead end. The cottage is in the historic «Bas-de-la-Baie» area of town, you will find several beautiful old houses along the road. There are several nice walks (including the sea shore at low tide) that are accessible directly from the property.
The Massif ski hill which features eastern Canada's highest vertical drop and most amazing views is located just 20 minutes from the house.
Four star government rating (CITQ) signifying superior comfort and remarkable quality.
Description of Property: Ground Level:
- 1 living room with a fireplace with view of the St-Lawrence River
- 1 dining room with access to a terrace overlooking the River
- 1 open concept kitchen with an island
- 1 four seasons sun room
- 1 bedroom with a queen bed, view of the River and a private bathroom (bath / European shower)
- 1 powder room
- 1 large cloakroom
- 1 large multi-function room ( family room with home theatre / meeting room )
- 1 bedroom with 1 queen bed, view of the River and a private access to the bathroom
- 1 bedroom with 1 queen bed, rocking chair and view of the River
- 1 bathroom with shower
- 1 laundry room with front loading washer/dryer and coffee/ kitchen area
- 1 bedroom with a queen bed with view of the River and a private bathroom with a clawfoot bathtub
- 1 bedroom with a single bed with view of the forest
- 1 bedroom with a single bed with view of the forest
- 1 bathroom with European style shower
Equipment:: - Fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, refrigerator, oven & microwave)
- Toaster, coffee maker, espresso coffee machine, kettle, blender, slow cooker
- Bedding & towels provided
- Fireplace / logs provided
- Front loading washer / dryer
- Phone ( local calls)
- TV / HD LCD flat screen 38 in.
- TV Shaw Satellite with ''completely bilingual'' package (over 150 channels)
- Two Dolby 5.1 home theater systems
- Multi format disk player ( DVD, Blue Ray, CD Audio, MP3, etc.)
- Playstation 3 Move entertainment system
- HD projector ( 10 feet wide image)
- Electronic piano
- Internet WiFi I (Broad band)
- BBQ / gas provided with an additional tank
- Telescope to observe ships on the River
- Books, CDs, DVDs, games and puzzles
- 4 hair driers
- Iron and ironing board
- Playpen with changing table
- Booster for small child / baby
- Outdoor Hot Tub with a spectacular view over the River
- Private entrance and parking for 5 cars
- 2 mountain bikes (summer)
Local activities and day trips: * Acces to the shore and local hiking, biking, snowshoeing and cross country skying trails from the property
* Locals services (groceries, liquor, pharmacy) are within a 10 minutes drive
* Restaurants and Art Galeries - 8 minutes
* Baie St-Paul 18 hole golf course - 10 minutes
* Kayaking down the gouffre river - 10 minutes
* Ferry to historic Iles aux Coudres - 15 minutes
* Massif ski area - summit - 25 minutes
* Grand Jardins national park (Chouenne trailhead / meteorite crater edge) 40 minutes
* Charlevoix Casino - 40 minutes
* Manoir Richelieu and championship Golf course - 40 minutes
* Saguenay fjord (La Baie) - 80 minutes
* Whale watching from St-Simeon - 80 minutes
* Hautes Gorges national park (Acropole des Draveurs trail head) - 90 minutes
* Old Québec city - 90 minutes
Richard or Claire
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- english, french
- Calendar last updated:
- May 18, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 5:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Stunning views and beautiful house!
We absolutely loved staying at Echos du Fleuve. The house is gorgeous, with enough space for large groups to have an extremely comfortable stay, while being cozy at the same time. None of the photos of this house could do it and its view any justice!
It was spotlessly clean and really well equipped with all linens, kitchen utensils and cleaning products. The owner was very responsive and extremely helpful with all our questions. There was even a bottle of wine waiting for us when we arrived. We would strongly recommend it to anyone!
Really Great Stay!
Spent a week at Echos de Fleuve in June, and had a wonderful stay. We have rented quite a few places on VRBO, and can say without question that this was the best. The house is basically new, and furnishings are first class throughout. Beds are top quality (a rarity in rentals), and the kitchen is well outfitted. We cooked and enjoyed many meals there – dining at the table with a panoramic view over the St Lawrence, across to Isle des Coudres
The location is fantastic, down a sparsely travelled road a few kilometers from town – a pleasant bike ride on one of two bikes provided. Enjoyed riding in for fresh croissants from Chacun son Pain (the best bakery in town)
While the town of Baie st Paul was torn up by roadwork during our visit, we did manage a few forays in for shopping, and a meal or two. There is an IGA market nearby that is a pretty standard supermarket, but is does feature a number of the local products. Far more fun to drive the “Route des Saveurs” and buy directly from the producers - cheese, Meat, foie gras, tomatoes, etc. The SAQ next door has a reasonable wine selection, but prices are frightfully high compared to the US.
Excellent beer is produced locally at the Brasserie/Microbrewery de Charlevoix – the Dominus Vobiscum Blanche was our favorite.
There is much to do in the area – we hiked in Grands Jardins, Canyoneered near St Joseph de la Rives, went whale watching near the mouth of the Saguenay fjord, and spent a day driving to and around the Isle des Coudres (great meat pie at the bakery there!). Enjoyed it all, but was especially pleasant to return to this spectacular house, wander the beach below, have a soak in the hot tub, and just soak in the view.
Transactions with the owner were easy and pleasant. We had one minor issue with the plumbing which was fixed quickly.
If you’re planning on being in the area, we highly recommend this house!
Charming and Beautiful!
We stayed at Les Echos for 7 days and fell in love with the house and the area. The house is lovely, decorated beautifully, and with all modern conveniences. Most of all, the views from the house are magnificent of the St. Lawrence, surrounding woods, and waterfalls nearby. It is enchanting, to say the least. So many little towns nearby, including Baie-Saint-Paul which has quaint shops, excellent restaurants, and art galleries to enjoy. We were a party of six people, older couples, who enjoy traveling, and this was one of our favorites.
Fantastic view, Convenient location to Baie-St-Paul and Le Massif ski center
Les Echos Du Fleuve provided us with a fantastic base to explore the area of Baie-St-Paul and to get together for an annual ski trip -- this year to Le Massif.
We were a group of 8 1/2 and we arrived on a Sunday for a week stay. Everything was ready for us and we settled in quickly for a home-cooked meal.
I won't go into too much detail about the accommodation since you can read most of it in the listing, above. What you don't see in the VRBO listing is the owners' attention to detail -- from leaving a folder of tourist information to the laminated sheet on how to use the stereo system to the cheese grater that had a storage container attached to put in the fridge. (and many small details in-between).
It's little touches like these that can turn an "OK" stay into an "awesome" stay.
We had an awesome stay. Thanks again!
Other Activities: Sea kayaking, River kayaking, Canyoneering & Whale watching excursions.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
No reservations within 14 days of start of stay. Signatory must be over 30 years old and must be an occupant. Home away only provides a rate aproximation. Rates vary according to number of occupants and the number of weekday/ weekend days. Holidays extra and min. stay.