About the property
- Condo800 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
2 bedrooms + Sofa Bed, 1 bathrooms, sleeps 6
This large beautiful 2br with private terrace is simply fantastic. The apartment features hard wood floors and a fully equipped kitchen. The master bedroom has a king sized bed and desk with working computer. The living room has a pull out sofa as well as a large flat screen with cable TV and playstation. The second bedroom has a queen sized bed and a second TV. The Terrace is enormous and is a very rare find for Manhattan.(This much private outdoor space is unheard of) As for the building... it is a newish (2007) elevator building located on a quiet street and is close to everything! (you can hang out in the lower east side (0-5 min walk)... you can shop in soho. (5-8 min walk).. you can have dinner in little italy (5 min walk)... you can have brunch in the east village (5-10 min walk)... you can have authentic chinese food in china town (5 min walk)...plus there are several subways within a 3-5 min walk so it's easy to get around the city (F/M/B/D/J/Z/6 lines)... The bottom line is this apartment is far better than a tiny hotel room for less money. Come stay here...I promise, you'll be happy you did!!!
• 3rd floor, elevator
• Apartment is 800 sf inside and 750 sf outside
• Huge windows in each of the bedrooms
• Hardwood floors throughout
• Private Outdoor terrace features gazebo, outdoor furniture, and hammock
• Individual AC/heat controls in each room
• There are very few personal belongings and no clutter
• Full large bathroom
• full size tub and shower
• granite tile floors
• luxury cotton towels
• Additional Roof deck with incredible views
• Laundry in the basement
• 2 Huge private bedrooms (one with King-sized bed and one with Queen-sized bed)
• 600 thread count cotton sheets and down comforters
• Pull out Sofa-bed in living room
• New modern furnishings
• 2 x Plasma HDTV
• Digital HD cable with all premium channels inluding on-demand
* Computer with internet
• High speed wifi included
• Full spacious kitchen
• tile floors
• marble countertops
• full range
• coffee maker
• toaster oven
• very nice pots, pans, plates, glass, etc
• Ample closet and dresser space
• Beautiful, large brand new 2 bedroom Apartment
****The apartment will be professionally cleaned and spotless upon your arrival.
Neighborhood is extraordinarily hip and fun.
• Tons of the newest clubs, restaurants and bars
• Right next to Soho, East Village/Alphabet City, and Chinatown
• Within 3-5 blocks of 3 subway lines (4/5/6, F/V, B/D)
• Very quiet block—residential, churches, community center
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- May 26, 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great time in New York City
We loved Mike's apartment. The deck was better than expected and location was perfect for what we were looking for. We wanted a neighborhood feel and it was perfect!!!!!!!!!!
Great location, excellent Apartment.
Brilliant location, warm, welcoming flat, had everything we needed for a few days in NYC. Much better than a hotel- great value.
Wow, the lower east side has really changed!!!
I lived in NYC 12 years ago and this was the first time I've been back since. A friend of mine suggested we stay at this apartment and I must admit I was a little skeptical. The lower east side I remember was nothing like it is today. Long story short we had a great time. Mike (the owner) was very helpful and the apartment was comfortable and clean and perfectly located. Six of us stayed for 6 days and we had an amazing time.
Trip of a lifetime for mom!
It was very easy to book, get the keys and was a very comfortable apt. Would definitely stay here again!
Great Neighborhood to Experience NYC
This was our first time to NYC, and we loved so much about the city. From Central Park, to the interesting people you meet on the subway, to the State of Liberty. We enjoyed every moment of our stay in the Big Apple, and look forward to returning. I will say that Mike was so accommodating to give us a late check out, as we were so tired and had a late flight. We did although have a list of issues with the rental...and I will lay them out here. They weren't so bad that the house was untenable, but they should be addressed.
-Toilet runs incessantly. It never stops, and is very loud, and requires the door to stay shut all the time.
-The toilet paper was so thin (less than one ply) that it would crumble in your hands.
- The bathroom was ridiculously filthy. Dirty grout, dirty floors, light bulbs out, dry wall peeling off the ceiling, mold on the ceiling, and a vent that was so covered in dust that you couldn't tell what the color was underneath. We got to the house early on our day of check in and Mike allowed us to drop our bags while the cleaning lady was still there working. I slipped into the bathroom while I was there and noticed how filthy the bathroom was, and assumed she would clean it. Sadly, she did not. The same toilet paper fragments, dirt and dust were still there after she was finished "cleaning".
- The housekeeper left us a pile of towels in a laundry basket, not displayed on a shelf or in any sort of nice way for guests. There were NO hand towels and NO bathroom rugs.
- There is dust all over the apartment... dry erase board, shelving, etc.
- When we turned either TV on to catch the news, the TV's all defaulted to Spanish. Thankfully I speak Spanish enough that I could sort it out.
- The heater in the Master bedroom doesn't work, so you have to drag out a space heater. The space heater does the job, as long as you keep the door closed.
- There were two extra pillows in the closet, as the pillows provided on the bed were completely flat and very old. We needed these pillows from the closet, but there where no pillowcases for them. So, we just bit the bullet and slept with cricks in our necks.
- The plug for the coffee maker in the kitchen doesn't work, so we had to make coffee in the bedroom.
- The hot water comes and goes, and didn't make for an enjoyable shower.
Other than above, the apartment is cozy, warm, comfortable and accessible to SOHO, Little Italy, LES, Chinatown, etc within walking distance.
Wow, such a critical review but still 4 stars? A few things I'd like to address. For starters, the reviewer booked the apartment last minute because someone else had cancelled on them. Originally I wasn't going to accept the reservation because I was out of town and the people that were leaving the apt the same day this renter arrived had been there for an entire month. I knew the apartment was going to need some tlc since it was such a long stay but i obviously didn't know it was going to be this bad. That said 99% of the issues brought up were due to this and could have been fixed with a simple phone call had she reached out to me. I know she had the ability to communicate because she asked me for an early check-in and late check-out both of which I accomodated. Had she mentioned the the place wasn't cleaned to her standards I would have had the cleaning lady return. Most likely she rushed the cleaning job because of the early check-in (she wanted to get out of their way).. here I will address the rest of the list:
-Toilet runs incessantly. It never stops,... ALREADY FIXED IT TOOK THE SUPER 15 MIN - HAD SHE INFORMED ME I COULD HAVE REMEDIED
-The toilet paper was so thin .... I USE SCOTT PRODUCTS... THE TISSUE SHE WAS REFERRING TO WAS LEFT BY THE PREVIOUS TENANT...ALSO COULD HAVE FIXED
- The bathroom was ridiculously filthy... AGAIN CLEANING LADY WOULD HAVE BEEN SENT BACK IF NOTIFIED... SHE MOST LIKELY WANTED TO GET OUT THEIR WAY
- The housekeeper left us a pile of towels in a laundry basket...THE TOWELS ARE CLEANED AND FOLDED AND LEFT IN A LAUNDRY BASKET... NOT SURE WHY THIS IS WRONG?
- When we turned either TV on to catch the news, the TV's all defaulted to Spanish... BECAUSE OF THE PREVIOUS TENANTS
- The heater in the Master bedroom doesn't work... IT DOES WORK. THE FUSE ON THE MACHINE BLEW. TO FIX YOU SIMPLY PRESS THE BUTTON. HAD SHE LET ME KNOW I COULD HAVE WALKED HER THROUGH IT.
- There were two extra pillows in the closet... I PROVIDE 8 PILLOWS WITH PILLOW CASES OF VARIOUS THICKNESS PLUS TWO MORE IN THE CLOSET
- The plug for the coffee maker in the kitchen doesn't work... ANOTHER FUSE ISSUE... THE PREVIOUS TENATS MUST HAVE BLOWN IT USING THE EURO ADAPTER.
- The hot water comes and goes...I WILL LOOK INTO THIS BUT I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS COMPLAINT BEFORE AND IT NEVER HAPPENED WHEN I ACTUALLY LIVED IN THE APARTMENT.
Thanks for reading :)
Great location, modernish building, good enough facilities.
We have stayed in many rented apartments in Europe and Asia but this is the first one we have used in the USA. We enjoyed our stay in this apartment. We loved being in the Lower East Side and the apartment is close to several subway stations. It's a short walk to Little Italy, Chinatown, SoHo, East Village and the Williamsburg Bridge and you're within a few minutes walk of several subway lines to go further afield. Five of us stayed for 23 nights. The bedrooms are fine but the living area is very small and once the pull out bed is set up any living space pretty much disappears. If we wanted to sit down we had to choose between sitting on the bed or collapsing it back into a couch (a minor hassle). Apart from breakfast we didn't often eat at the apartment so it wasn't really a problem. The main observation we made during our stay was that short term visitors (say less than a week) and longer term visitors (in our case three weeks) would have different experiences here. There is no interim cleaning of the apartment or washing of sheets and towels included, so you either pay a cleaner $90 to come in and do this, or do it yourself. We didn't really want the inconvenience or extra cost of having a cleaner come in so we cleaned the bathroom ourselves and took the sheets and towels to a nearby laundromat which cost about $22 (they do it for you). When we arrived there were no tea towels or hand towels in the apartment but the owner responded quickly when we asked for some. We didn't use the terrace as we were there during a particularly cold spell in December and January. Overall we were happy with the place. It would be better for smaller groups (all sleeping in the bedrooms) and for shorter stays (where cleaning/laundry isn't really an issue) but we got used to the small living area and it didn't stop us enjoying our stay.
This sure beats a hotel!! Sleeps up to 6 people! Everything in the apartment is brand new and top of the line. You will not be disappointed…I guarantee it! • The private outdoor space is amazing (700 sf) featuring a gazebo, patio table/umbrella, and a large hammock. • 3rd floor, elevator • hardwood floors throughout • Individual AC/heat controls in each room • There are very few personal belongings and no clutter Full large bathroom • full size tub/shower • granite tile floors • luxury cotton towels • Additional Roof deck with incredible views Laundry in the basement Neighborhood is extraordinarily hip and fun. • Tons of the newest clubs, restaurants and bars • Right next to Soho, East Village/Alphabet City, and Chinatown • Within 3-5 blocks of 3 subway lines (4/5/6, F/M, B/D)
Other Activities: Basketball Court
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
25% non-refundable advance payment at time of booking with remainder due 30 days prior to stay. Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice Accept: Visa, Mastercard, and Discover