|Minimum Stay||3 - 4 nights|
Min 3 nights (2 nights in off season)
Max 12 nights
NOTE: Check in must be before 11pm.
Please check calendar for availability.
Not your typical cookie cutter hotel room, this chic Back Bay apartment includes hot breakfast (you just supply the chef), laptop with high-speed WiFi, home phone with unlimited free calling anywhere in the US/Canada and HD TV with over 200 channels!
Why stay at a hotel when you can have the true Boston experience and live like a local? Feel at home, while you're away from home, living on the parlor level (half a floor up from the ground) of a traditional Marlborough St. brownstone in the heart (Marlborough St. between Exeter & Fairfield) of Boston's historic Back Bay. Safe, quiet neighborhood, considered to be one of the most beautiful in Boston, with true New England charm. Walking distance to all of the popular districts (Back Bay shopping/restaurant district, Copley Square, Charles River, Boston Commons, South End, etc.) and historic sites (State House, Fanueil Hall, Freedom Trail, etc.) in Boston. The apartment just a few blocks away from the Boston Marathon finish line and a short walk (1 mile) to Fenway Park. I will mail you a set of keys in advance of your stay, so you late check-ins are not a problem.
NOTE: This vacation rental has a maximum occupancy of two adults (sorry, no children). (It's a very quiet building that is unfortunately not very child friendly.)
Included in your stay are the following:
* SELECTION OF BREAKFAST ITEMS
* LAPTOP with HIGH SPEED WiFi
* TRAVEL GUIDES & MAPS: Fodor's Boston, Boston Zagat Restaurant Guide, Laminated City Map, Transit Guide/Map, New England Map, AMC hiking guide books, Boston/New England picture books, etc.
* WELCOME DRINK! :) Start your vacation off right with a Cosmo/Margarita/Cape Codder welcome drink upon your arrival! :) (alcohol, martini set, etc. provided).
* PROFESSIONAL CLEANING: The apartment is professionally cleaned by a (third party) housekeeping service prior to each visit.
* 40' HIGH-DEFINITION FLAT SCREEN PLASMA TV with over 200 channels. DVD player also provided as well as a selection of DVD movies.
* MAGAZINES: recent issues of US Weekly and Time magazines.
* COMFY queen-sized bed.
* BATHROBES so u can feel right at home.
NOTE: This is an entirely PRIVATE APARTMENT (with private bath and kitchen) which you will have all to yourself (not a room in a shared apartment/home). There's no curfew and you don't have to make small talk during breakfast with strangers! :) Plus it's all yours while your there - I never stop by unannounced.
There is a 3-night minimum. If the calendar shows your selected dates as available, you can simply go ahead and send a reservation request. Dates that are not available have been blocked out. The apartment is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Other apartment amenities include:
- PARLOR-LEVEL, STREET-FACING APARTMENT with great view of Marlborough St.
- HIGH SPEED CABLE INTERNET (WiFi)
- HIGH CEILINGS
- TOILETRIES - Leave your checked bag at home! Available for your use are the following: shampoo/conditioner, soap, shower gel, body lotion, toothpaste, Q-tips, blow dryer, flat iron, shoe shine kit, sewing kit, first aid kit, etc. (help yourself to whatever you can find) (NOTE: The bathroom is very small and dated. Hopefully the rest of the amenities help to make up for that!) :)
- MINI BEACH CHAIRS that you can take to the Commons or the Charles to sit out and read/people watch. :) (behind the kitchen island)
- Stereo with iPod Deck
- Decorative FIREPLACE (Note: there is no flue, so you'll want to open the windows if you light a lot of candles) (you are welcome to light any candles)
- AIR MATTRESS for use free-of-charge with auto-inflat/deflat (in case you'd like to use it, it is on the top shelf in the closet in the kitchen)
- AIR CONDITIONING UNIT (in the summer) & HEAT (space heater plus central heat in the colder months)
- MICROWAVE, TOASTER OVEN, COFFEE MAKER, IRON/IRONING BOARD (behind the kitchen island), clothes steamer, pots/pans, Brita water filter, alarm clock.
- Also, feel free to help yourself to spices, condiments, cooking oils, etc.
Experience Boston as a local. This quirky, fun apartment will be sure to add to your travel experience.
Full breakfast, laptop with WiFi, landline phone available for your unlimited domestic use, travel guides, magazines, flat screen TV with loads of channels, selection of shampoos/bath oils, walking distance to the T (and just about everywhere you'd want to go in Boston), not to mention the welcome drink! :) How can you top that?! :)
The condo was fabulous. It was fully stocked with all the amenities you could want. It's in a very convenient location...4 blocks from subway, shopping and restaurants, but in a residential setting so very quite. It's also only 2 blocks from the esplanade which is a great park along the Charles River (great for running, walking or people watching). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay again and would highly recommend it.
This Back Bay apartment is in a great location, convenient to museums, endless restaurant and retail choices, parks, historical sites. It is well furnished - very comfortable bed and seating area. The kitchen was also well equipped, and we appreciated the juice, yogurt, and bagels provided. The apartment is decorated with great flair, and makes good use of the high ceilings and architectural detailing in this old building. The only downside is that the bathroom and the kitchen are a bit cramped, and the space offers lots of nooks and crannies that challenge deep cleaning. So if you are into simple and squeaky clean, this place might no be for you. Otherwise, I can't imagine a better place to stay in this part of Boston.
My husband and I loved our stay. We used to live on the border between Back Bay and South End, and this large apartment gave us beautiful access to the best of Boston's offerings. The owner is fantastic. Never before had I stayed in a VRBO rental where the owner provides breakfast (juice, eggs, coffee, etc.) and even a welcome cocktail bar. Because we were so close to outstanding brunch places, we skipped on the in-room breakfast, but we appreciated the juice and coffee. Also provided were a selection of travel and dining guides, maps, umbrellas, toiletries . . .and then a few carefully placed adult items: vintage Playboys, satin blindfolds, and (haha) roller-skates.
The only problem with this place--and it really was a problem--was that the door to the lobby is broken. You know it's a problem when the owner provides an instructional YouTube video. We were usually able to open the door after about a minute, but the day of our departure, after about ten-minutes of unsuccessful attempts, we had to start pushing doorbells until someone buzzed us in.
Other than this front door issue, the place was great, and the owner is very nice. She allowed us to leave our bags in the room hours past our checkout time so that we could enjoy our final day in the city unencumbered.
Spacious apartment in great location. Quiet street two blocks from shopping and restaurants. Short walk to boston commons and river. Wifi and laptop included made sightseeing planning easier. Would definitely stay here again.
We had a wonderful stay at this apartment. We stayed for a week and couldn't have been more comfortable. Nice quiet, safe neighborhood feel but with shopping, restaurants and the river for walking/running just a couple of blocks away. We were there to help our daughter move into college and easily walked back and forth across the Harvard Bridge taking in the sights on the Charles River a couple of times a day. We walked to Fenway to see a game. walked to the North side of Boston for some great Italian Food, took the T to the harbor to take a high speed ferry to Salem....all done with ease and without a car.
There was plenty of breakfast food available in the fridge including eggs, bagels, juice, cream, etc. as well as coffee, tea, hot chocolate and cocktails!!! The internet was fast and the lap top worked well. The communication with the owner was fantastic! We felt truly taken care of and couldn't have asked for more!
We really enjoyed our stay! The place was in a great location for shopping and restaurants. We went to Fenway and the opposite side of town and was able to walk wherever we wanted to go. We stayed for a week and took the T only once. The only thing I suggest is it's more of a girls place to stay. There is a lot of items all over the place. She does have cute style but could be a little de-cluttered. We love the area and the actual space, very clean and comfortable. I would def recommend this place for to someone to stay.
This was the perfect place for our trip! We really enjoyed the local neighborhood feel and the beautiful views. This was my first time using HomeAway as opposed to staying at a hotel and it set the bar very high. Since we went during the Fourth of July - there were tons of tourists in town - this place was great to get out of the madness and feel like a local. I loved not having to go through hotel lobby's and through crowds of people! This location is also perfect! Since this was our first time to Boston, we wanted to see everything and go to all the different neighborhoods. We were able to walk so many places and every where else we wanted to go was in a five to ten mile radius. The place is exactly as shown in the pictures and provided us with everything we needed. The owner was in touch throughout our stay to make sure we had everything we needed. She was very helpful before the trip as well in terms of giving us tips about Boston. The tips that the owner provides prior to arriving is very helpful. We went to tons of her restaurant recommendations such as Bricco's and Lolita's and we were definitely not disappointed!
I would stay here again in a heartbeat and would recommend this place for anyone who is looking to stay in the heart of Boston and feel like a true local!
Why stay at a hotel when you can have the true Boston experience and live like a local?! Feel at home, while you're away from home, living in a traditional Marlborough St. brownstone in the heart (Marlborough St. between Exeter & Fairfield) of Boston's historic Back Bay. Safe, quiet neighborhood, considered to be one of the most beautiful in Boston, with true New England charm. Walking distance to all of the popular districts (Back Bay shopping/restaurant district, Copley Square, Charles River, Boston Commons, South End, etc.) and historic sites (State House, Fanueil Hall, Freedom Trail, etc.) in Boston. 5 min walk to Copley T station. Parking lots are available nearby for approx. $20-30/day.
Other Activities: During your stay, you'll be within short walking distance of:
- Open air cafes, restaurants and bars (the heart of the Back Bay shopping/restaurant district is just a couple 2 blocks south)
- Charles River - great for walking/jogging (2 blocks north)
- Boston Commons (Boston's version of Central Park) (about a 15-20min walk east)
- Copley Square (5-10min walk away)
- The 'T' (Boston's subway - 'Copley' station) (5-10min walk) NOTE: You can easily get from the airport to the apartment by the T (directions will be sent when a reservation is made).
- Amtrak ('Back Bay' station)(10-15min walk)
- Prudential Shopping Center (5 min walk)
- Hynes Convention Center (5 min walk)
- Grocery stores (Shaw's & Trader Joe's)(10-15min walk)
- Pharmacies (CVS is just 2 blocks away & Walgreens is about a 5-10min walk away)
There is definitely no need for a car if you are staying in the city as everything you'll want to see is within walking, T (train) or short cab ride distance. Zipcars are available nearby.
CHECK IN/OUT TIME:
You may check in anytime after 1pm. Check out is by 11am.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Boston Marathon 2017
Apr 14 2017 - Apr 18 2017
4 night minimum stay
Boston Marathon 2018
Apr 14 2018 - Apr 17 2018
3 night minimum stay
Boston Marathon 2019
Apr 12 2019 - Apr 16 2019
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|