Just 2 minutes away from the Heart of Auxerre ''City of Art & History'' this modern and minimalist style Guesthouse has 2 comfortable bedrooms with garden views, a fully equipped US-type kitchen, and a nice living space. Just stepping out of the front door, you'll find a great terrace, tables, chairs and lush landscaping. This Cottage is ideal for touring Auxerre and its region, be it cultural visits or sport activities.
There is a lot to do in Auxerre, and Northern Burgundy really has a lot to offer, we can recommend :
- Vineyards of world famous Chablis located 10mn away - Wine tasting 'Caves de Bailly' (10mn away)
- The Renaissance ''Château'' of Ancy le Franc (40mn away) along with Château de Tanlay (30mn away)
- The Vézelay basilica part of Unesco's world Heritage (50mn away)
- The Château de St Fargeau (45mn away)
- The Château de Guédelon (under 35 year-construction plan following medevial methods (45mn away)
- The Pontigny Abbey – (20mn away)
- and the many Castles of the Dukes of Burgundy
… are among a great variety of delightful visits you can make in the region.
Starting in Auxerre, the beautiful Cathedral of which the choir is a pure jewel of Gothic Architecture and the St Germain Abbey are just two of several wonders not to be missed.
For those wanting to exercise, within 1km you'll have access to tennis courts, public pools (7 of them), a 10-mile walking path called ''Coulée verte'', many bicycle trails.
The beautiful and flowery park of l'Arbre Sec is located 3 minutes away and while in it, give yourself a peaceful moment among wild ducks and swans and watch small boats navigate the Yonne river. There is also a great 4-mile long walking path along the river.
For the football (soccer) fans, we highly recommend a game of the notorious AJA (AJ.Auxerre) team at the nearby home-stadium Abbé Deschamps.
Last but not least, Auxerre provides the following activities: bowling, ice-skating, karting, canoeing, sports clubs, swimming and more.
Note: You'll find a supermarket 300 yds away, a few cafés, restaurants, bakery shop, ATM's and post office 500 yds away.
Within Auxerre's historic Center, you´ll find 54 restaurants.