Peaceful rainforest retreat in secluded paradise
Stunning and totally secluded rainforest retreat in Cockatoo, at the heart of the Dandenong Ranges, where mountain charm marries with contemporary modern features to deliver a gorgeous luxury timber and hay bale property.
Set on 2 acres of natural rainforest, Posada de las Rosellas is suitable for adult groups, families, artists seeking retreat in the bush and couples seeking a romantic escape.
Just one hour's drive from the Melbourne CBD, this fully furnished spacious cabin oozes style and charm. Featuring 3 luxury queen sized bedrooms, ducted heating and fireplace, the property comes with all the modern amenities you would expect to enjoy while on holidays including: ensuite bathroom, luxury bath, fully equipped kitchen with coffee machine & dishwasher, ipod dock, TV, washer/dryer, outdoor fire pit, terrace BBQ and outdoor setting, free Wi-Fi and more.
Lots of thoughtful extras included such as board games, books, a portacot, pantry basics, coffee pods, fluffy towels, wood for the fire, etc.
The property features a gorgeous wraparound terrace with a truly breathtaking view of rainforest trees and ferns. The ground floor remains cool all through the summer whilst the upstairs bedroom has air conditioning.
Enjoy every morning for breakfast the free range eggs from the chicken coop.
The property is located at the end of the road with no thoroughfare traffic and absolute privacy. It is frequented by many beautiful local birds including the rosellas, which can be fed each afternoon on the terrace, and is bordered by a pristine creek.
Tranquil village environment
Close to casual eating and fine dining.
Great cafes and wineries nearby – see our guide in the house during your stay for all our local recommendations including where to buy the best home made jams, sauces and local free-range eggs, where to get the best coffee, best spot for a romantic dining experience or local breakfast.
The property is a short drive from a number of great activities including:
-Local farms to pick or catch your own produce – including berries and trout fishing
-Puffing Billy steam train
-Rainforest tracks, walking and hiking tracks
POSADA DE LAS ROSELLAS
1. The number of guests staying at the property must not exceed the number agreed to in the booking details. In the event that any additional persons stay at the property, an additional fee may be charged according to our usual rates and/or we reserve the right to terminate the booking without refund.
2. We love pets and we are pet-friendly however If pets are entering the property or staying at the property, this must be disclosed at the time of booking. If extensive additional cleaning is required, this will be subtracted from the deposit. The general house rules for pet guests are to not allow them on the beds and furniture and to clean up after them before leaving the property. Guests will be liable for any necessary cleaning and dry-cleaning if required.
3. All pets are to be flea and tick treated, fully vaccinated, and well behaved. Well behaved means under control at all times. We have a lot of native animals living on the property and we need to ensure these are protected from all pets.
4. Our property is NON-SMOKING INDOORS- a fee applies to deodorise.
5. Outdoor fires must not be lit if there is a high fire danger or a total fire ban.
6. All guests are expected to behave in a manner that does not cause distress to neighbours or interfere in any way with their right to enjoy their properties.
7. Guests may not engage in any illegal activity at the property.
1. Please ensure BBQ is clean. Fee applied to clean.
2. Please put all dirty plates and glasses in the dishwasher and turn it on.
3. Please leave dirty towels in the bath.
4. Please ensure you turn off lights and heating. Fee applied if they are left switched on.
5. Please take rubbish from kitchen and bathroom outside to the bins provided.
Breakages, Losses and Guest Charges
1. You are responsible for leaving the property in the state in which you found it on arrival.
2. All breakages or losses must be reported immediately to us. Whilst we will not pursue reimbursement for minor accidental damage or normal wear and tear, the total cost of making good any other damage or loss to the property, garden or contents will be deducted from your deposit. Reasonable usage of electricity, gas any other utilities provided at the property are included in your rates.
We hope that you have a great stay and don’t have any complaints, however if you do please contact us straight away and we will do our best to resolve it for you. You should not wait until you return home before complaining about any matter as no inspection can be carried out when others are occupying the property.