About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
Picture yourself waking up to the sounds of birds chirping, walking out to the deck with a freshly brewed cup of coffee to find kangaroos visiting the dam, grape vines all around you and the sun glinting off the magnificent Brokenback Ranges. In the evening relax in the cozy living room around the fire-place overlooking the Brokenback Ranges, share your Hunter Valley wares, play some Cards Against Humanity then retreat to the privacy of your own space.
Set in Pokolbin in the heart of the Hunter Valley amidst 28 acres of Traminer and Cabernet vines and within a 10-minute drive to award winning wineries and restaurants, Fernweh Cottage awaits you. Equipped with 4 king bedrooms, ducted air-conditioning, a gourmet kitchen, comfy leather lounges with a slow combustion wood-fire, 55” smart TV with Stan, coffee machine, fresh linen and a dining table for 8, you will find it easy to enjoy the a taste of the vineyard life in Pokolbin while living in the luxury of the cottage.
• Two king size master bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and Juliette balconies overlooking the vines of Fernweh Cottage
• Two king size bedrooms downstairs with views of the dam
• Luxurious living room with vistas of the Brokenback Ranges and vintage Moran leather lounges complete with a fireplace
• A third bathroom downstairs complete with a bath and shower
• Outdoor deck with a gas-fired barbeque and a comfy dining table for eight overlooking the vines
• Satellite enabled Internet connectivity – your Instagram moments are safe!
• 55” Smart TV with Stan’s extensive catalogue to choose from
• Bluetooth audio player with USB and CD connectivity
• Sharpen your karaoke skills with Singstar or bring out your inner child with our selection of board games
• Coffee machine with pods as well as a selection of fine tea
• Fresh linen including sheets and towels provided for your stay
• Portable cot and high chair for our little guests
• Suitable for romantic Hunter Valley getaways, family get-togethers, girls weekends away and wedding accommodation for large groups of up to 8.
Location + Nearby
• Just a 2-hour getaway from Sydney via the M1 and the Hunter Expressway
• A short 10-minute drive takes you to the Hunter Valley’s award winning wineries, restaurants, cafés, golf courses and the Hunter Valley Gardens.
• Rent bicycles and explore the Hermitage Road Wine trails
• The concert venues of Hope Estate, Bimbadgen Estate and Tempus Two are just a 5-minute drive away.
• 2 night bookings for weekends – you know you want to!
• 3 nights for long weekends – there’s so much to see, do and drink in the Hunter!
• Discounted rates for longer and mid-week stays can be arranged - just drop us a message!
Fernweh is a German term that means “an ache for distant places; the craving for travel.” We hope that you can relieve your fernweh or perhaps even rediscover it in our home, so please do get in touch with any booking enquiries.
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great location, setting and house. Great stay.
The house is in a great spot amongst the vines and across the dam. The house has a great layout with plenty of room for 8 adults to lounge and dine and a great covered patio. Everything was clean and all in good order. Beds and bathrooms spot on. Paru kept us informed all the way and was a pleasure to deal with. Two of our group have been to several houses before in the area and this was the best yet. Great stay.
Hunter Valley getaway
Fernweh Cottage is a delightful country getaway in the heart of the gorgeous Hunter Valley. The house is spacious, modern, comfortable and has everything you need for a family holiday or group getaway. We were a group of 8 and loved our stay. Even though the weather was stifling, the air-conditioning provided a lovely respite. When the weather cooled in the evening, we thoroughly enjoyed the views of the surrounding vineyards from the outdoor deck. If you're visiting in winter, the fireplace will make your stay even cosier.
Fernweh is a at least a 10 to 15-minute drive to the nearest supermarket and service station, so be prepared to drive or come prepared with supplies. We highly recommend getting out of the house and visiting the local wineries that are only a few minutes up the road. You're certainly spoilt for choice in this beautiful part of NSW.
We hope to return again soon!
So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Fernweh Cottage, Haylie! And we agree - we are pretty spoilt with such a great choice of local wineries. Hope you'll come and stay again soon.
Amazing location on a large property.
House was large, clean and very accomodating for us. The views of the mountains, dam and vineyards were beautiful.
Everyone had a great time and we look forward to returning!
Thank you for your review Ben and we look forward to hosting you and your guests again!
We had the best time - the house had everything - and I mean everything we needed!!! The ambiance was relaxed as soon as we walked through the door - we cooked up a storm and enjoyed the outdoors area - even when it was raining on Friday. We had the fire going both nights and it was so lovely. Great place to be picked by bus for any vineyard concerts - as we were the second last picked up but second to be dropped off. In all we couldn’t be happier - definitely coming here again. Thanks Paru & Loki x
We are so glad that you and the family enjoyed your weekend in Fernweh Cottage Alex! Hope you will come back to stay again very soon.
Perfect Hunter getaway!
Absolutely recommend Fernweh to anyone looking for a beautiful Hunter Valley getaway. The house was so warm and spacious, with everything you could want. We had a group of 8 adults, and there was loads of space for us all. The log fire (with a little extra help from the central heating) was just what we needed mid-winter - the Singstar helped too! The owners were even nice enough to leave us with some cheese, sparkling wine, eggs and bacon!
We are so glad that you and the family enjoyed your weekend with us Alex - including our local recommendations! Hope you will come back to stay again very soon.
Wonderful weekend at Fernweh
Spent a delightful weekend with the family at Fernweh Cottage, in a beautiful and convenient location amongst the vineyards. Comfortable house, log burning stove, well-equipped kitchen and lovely bedrooms. Ate our breakfasts out in the sunshine with masses of space around this great accommodation.
We are so glad that you and the family enjoyed your weekend with us Norma - including our local recommendations! Hope you will come back to stay again very soon.