Picture yourself waking up to the sounds of birds chirping, walking out to the deck with a freshly brewed cup of coffee to find kangaroos visiting the dam, grape vines all around you and the sun glinting off the magnificent Brokenback Ranges. In the evening relax in the cozy living room around the fire-place overlooking the Brokenback Ranges, share your Hunter Valley wares, play some Cards Against Humanity then retreat to the privacy of your own space.
Set in Pokolbin in the heart of the Hunter Valley amidst 28 acres of Traminer and Cabernet vines and within a 10-minute drive to award winning wineries and restaurants, Fernweh Cottage awaits you. Equipped with 4 king bedrooms, ducted air-conditioning, a gourmet kitchen, comfy leather lounges with a slow combustion wood-fire, 55” smart TV with Netflix & Stan, coffee machine, fresh linen and a dining table for 8, you will find it easy to enjoy the a taste of the vineyard life in Pokolbin while living in the luxury of the cottage.
• Two king size master bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and Juliette balconies overlooking the vines of Fernweh Cottage
• Two king size bedrooms downstairs with views of the dam
• Luxurious living room with vistas of the Brokenback Ranges and vintage Moran leather lounges complete with a fireplace
• A third bathroom downstairs complete with a bath and shower
• Outdoor deck with a gas-fired barbeque and a comfy dining table for eight overlooking the vines
• Satellite enabled Internet connectivity – your Instagram moments are safe!
• 55” Smart TV with Stan’s extensive catalogue to choose from
• Bluetooth audio player with USB and CD connectivity
• Sharpen your karaoke skills with Singstar or bring out your inner child with our selection of board games
• Coffee machine with pods as well as a selection of fine tea
• Fresh linen including sheets and towels provided for your stay
• Portable cot and high chair for our little guests
• Suitable for romantic Hunter Valley getaways, family get-togethers, girls weekends away and wedding accommodation for large groups of up to 8.
Location + Nearby
• Just a 2-hour getaway from Sydney via the M1 and the Hunter Expressway
• A short 10-minute drive takes you to the Hunter Valley’s award winning wineries, restaurants, cafés, golf courses and the Hunter Valley Gardens.
• Rent bicycles and explore the Hermitage Road Wine trails
• The concert venues of Hope Estate, Bimbadgen Estate and Tempus Two are just a 5-minute drive away.
• 2 night bookings for weekends – you know you want to!
• 3 nights for long weekends – there’s so much to see, do and drink in the Hunter!
• Discounted rates for longer and mid-week stays can be arranged - just drop us a message!
Fernweh is a German term that means “an ache for distant places; the craving for travel.” We hope that you can relieve your fernweh or perhaps even rediscover it in our home, so please do get in touch with any booking enquiries.