The 90 Mile Beach house is a relaxing pet friendly getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. It is a perfect blend of bush and beach. You can walk to the beach in 10 minutes or sit on the front deck with vistas of the bush land and the local wildlife. This includes kangaroos, rosellas, kookaburras and bunnies. There are 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms and can accommodate 10 people. There are books, games and bikes for your use at the property while you are a guest. Welcome to a relaxing stay!
The house is fully fenced with a large back yard home away from home at Paradise Beach. This property is a 2 hr 50 minute drive from Melbourne and only 2 hrs away from outer south eastern suburbs. The closest main town is Sale 32km's away. The beach is just a 10 minute walk away while you enjoy the bush scenery with abundant wildlife including kangaroos and Rosella's.
This period home is complete with high ceilings and dark timber floorboards and has been updated with a granite kitchen which is fully stocked with everything you may need. The kitchen has an electric oven and a gas burner cook top and is fully stocked with everything you might need for a trip away. The house is decorated with artwork to compliment the feature walls.
There are 3 bedrooms. The first bedroom has a double bed, single bed and a single camp bed, the second bedroom has a double bed and a single bed and the third bedroom has a double bed. All mattresses are new and have a pillow top for extra comfort.
There is a main bathroom with a toilet, basin and shower. The laundry has a second toilet, a sink, washer and dryer. The house is fully fly wired and we have provided games and books for use while you are here. There is also a TV and DVD player with some DVD's. There is a front deck with a coffee table and chairs, there is a back covered area with a gas BBQ, wood fired kettle BBQ and tables and chairs. There is a large fully fenced backyard perfect for pets.
The beach is truly stunning and very quiet and secluded with no pet restrictions. Fishing off the beach can be enjoyed at all times of the year and if you are lucky you just might just catch something! There is a January surf fishing competition in Golden Beach (just 10 minutes down the road). The 90 mile beach has been in the top 100 Australia Beaches list. Golden Beach has just been named Victoria's best secluded beach by RACV's in a 2018 article. The Age newspaper just did a write up in 2018 on Paradise Beach ' A slice of Paradise: life at one of Victoria's least-known beaches' saying it was a 'secluded paradise. . . a vista of great beauty. An expanse of coastal splendor; of calm cobalt-blue waters, and miles of mostly uninhibited beach'.
This property is located in a perfect place where you will feel at peace and really be able to relax. It is quiet and leafy as it is ideally located with open land on one side and a 10 minute walk to the famous 90 Mile Beach on the other. You can look out the front window and you will see a green plain with bush land which is home to many Kangaroos, Kookaburras, and Rosellas and the odd bunny rabbit. We have also had Rosellas nesting on the property and October and November is the time you may see Joeys in mum’s pouch.
You will also find this wild life at the local golf club and bowls club in Golden Beach. Visitors are welcome to play at both and the prices are very reasonable. If you can't be bothered cooking there are a couple of very good take away food shops and a cafe / restaurant and a meal made by locals on Saturday night at the VMMR Community / bowls club. We recommend you bring provisions with you or visit the closest town Sale 32 km's away which has a range of supermarkets and restaurants. You can also explore the Gippsland lakes walking / bike riding trails around Paradise Beach and Sale. Loch Sport and Seaspray are a 30 minute drive away.
The 90 mile beach and surrounds is a constantly changing environment with people sighting seals and whales off the beach. The 90 mile beach is truly magnificent with an uninterrupted stretch of pearly white beach that changes from aquamarine blue to turquoise and shades of grey depending on the time of the year. This area can be enjoyed all year around.
You will need to bring:
• Bedding - Sheets and blankets or doonas and pillowcases
• Towels including floor mats and hand towels
• Tea towels
• Laundry Detergent
• Toilet paper and napkins
• Mosquito repellent and fly spray.
• Fishing rods and bait (if you want to fish on the 90 mile beach or Sale waterways for Carp)
• Food as the local shop is very expensive. There are 2 fish and chip / burger shops in golden beach.
• Drinking water as the property has tank water or alternatively please boil the water before drinking however we can’t guarantee the water is safe if boiled.
• BBQ beads or wood or an axe if you want to collect and chop your own firewood for the kettle BBQ (Located in the garage)
What is supplied at the property?
1. Rubbish bags in the bottom kitchen drawer are supplied by the owner but may have run out when you arrive so we recommend bringing some of your own just in case.
2. Soap and shampoo is provided but please bring your own if you have a preference.
3. Kitchen washing up detergent and sponges are provided
4. Tea and coffee is provided but please bring your own if you have a preference
5. There are toys, books and games and a fully stocked kitchen with appliances, crockery, and cutlery and a coffee plunger, cutlery, crockery, pots and pans.
6. Pillows for all beds
7. Hair Dryer (Located in the bottom drawer of the main bathroom vanity)
8. Portacot (Located next to bedroom 3 at the back of the property)
9. Gas BBQ (Gas bottle supplied) and Kettle BBQ: Bring your own BBQ beads or wood for the Kettle BBQ or an axe to collect and chop your own wood.
10. Heaters in the bedrooms and 1 in the lounge- Please do not cover and turn off when not in use.
11. TV and DVD player (instructions below): a limited selection of DVD’s provided however you can plug in a USB to the TV if you want to bring one with movies.
12. 3 adult bikes- please bring helmets and lock up after use (located in the garage)
13. Large Pet bed and Canvas Kennel is available for guest use (located in the garage)
14. 3 Easels for painting if you are creative is available for guest use. Please bring paint, brushes, paper / canvas (located in the garage)
15. There are 2 brown bed covers for your use but please be aware these are only washed periodically
What is available at the property?
16. Large first bedroom with a Double bed + single bed + single camp bed
17. Large second bedroom with a Double bed + single bed
18. Third bedroom with a Double bed
19. New Pillow top Mattresses on the beds
20. The lounge room has a click click futon single couch bed (we recommend you use the camp bed mattress supplied or single mattress supplied topper for extra futon couch bed comfort)
21. Bathroom with shower, basin and toilet
22. Laundry with basin, washer, dryer and separate toilet
23. Open plan living and dining for great entertaining
24. Open plan fully equipped granite kitchen with BBQ tools, cutlery, crockery, pots and pans and a coffee plunger, cheese knife set etc.
25. Large fully fenced back garden great for pets
26. Chairs and tables
27. Flyscreens on all windows
28. Split System air conditioning / heating to main area- Please turn off when not in use.
29. Heaters for use in the bedrooms- Please do not cover and turn off when not in use.
30. Kids toys
31. Books and games for use while you are at the property
There is a General Store a 5 minute drive away at Golden Beach, where provisions can be purchased if needed. Parties and gatherings are not permitted at the property unless prior approval is gained from the owner.
We really do hope you will see for yourself how quiet and relaxing staying at this cottage can be with all the mod cons for a fabulous holiday or discounts for a long term getaway if you prefer. This place is perfect for writers / artists or retirees and we are happy to accommodate long stayers. Please be aware there is 4G coverage however this can be patchy so you may need to move around the property to gain coverage. There is a fully refundable $150 damage deposit which is only used in exceptional circumstances. You will be provided with the full house and key safe instructions upon a confirmed booking.
Guest access: Guests can access the whole house. There is a cupboard in the main hallway that contains owner’s items and cannot be accessed by guests.
Guest interaction: Please don't hesitate to contact me by phone or email.
Other things to note: You will need a car to get to the property and visit surrounding areas. Bikes will help you get around the local areas.
Overview: Paradise Beach is a small community with very little car traffic. The beach and surrounds are beautiful. You may only share the beach with a few people at a time while you gaze in awe at a pearly blue beach that doesn't seem to end.
Getting around: A car is needed. The closest main town is Sale 30 minutes away.