|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Spacious, floor-through apartment - perfect for couples or small families - with dishwasher, washer and dryer! This Ocean Grove apartment features hardwood floors throughout. There is a full bath, washer/dryer in apartment, eat-in kitchen with dishwasher, and large living room with tons of closet and shelf space. It is beautifully decorated with a mix of antiques and comfy beach furniture. It has a private entrance with reading/coffee nook and is situated on a lot and a half just 3 blocks to the ocean and half a block to Main Avenue!!!
The fenced in outdoor space has a wrap-a-round patio with outdoor lounge furniture, a gas grill and features a grass side yard not commonly found in Ocean Grove. And before you head inside from the beach, have a rinse in the full-sized, hot/cold outdoor shower!
Beach - 3 blocks away.
Great Auditorium - half block away.
Main Avenue - half block away.
Pathway Market - half block away.
Nearby attractions: Asbury Park
Point Pleasant - Jenkinson's Amusement Park and Aquarium
Six Flags Great Adventure and Safari
Jersey Shore Premium Outlets
and much more....
Overall we had a very positive experience. The apartment has a terrific and well equipped kitchen, with a dishwasher and a washer and dryer. There is a cute side yard with an outdoor shower (more on the shower later). The a/c was needed as the apartment is on the top floor(more on that later) and it worked fine as did the TV. It was immaculately clean when we arrived and is furnished tastefully. The owners were pleasant and honest. Now for the negatives...as mentioned the apartment is on the third floor and up two flights of stairs. The internal flight is steep and narrow and difficult to negotiate. The apartment has many odd angled ceilings. I bumped my head more than once, and the ceiling on one side of the master bedroom is especially challenging. This is not a good fit for tall people. The rental instructions ask that you wash the sheets and towels which we thought was a bit much since you are paying a $150.00 cleaning fee. The earlier mentioned outdoor shower had two surfboards in it which made using it a challenge. Finally, bring paper goods, as the owners only provide a couple of days supplies of tissues, paper towels, etc.
This home is comfortable and spacious. We will definitely try to book it again when we return to OG, hopefully sometime soon.
This is a great house! a quick walk to the beach and shops in Ocean Grove. The house is tasteful and pleasant to be in. The yard, grill, and outdoor shower make the house an easy place to be with your kids. My little ones loved walking to get ice cream before bed every night. Thanks to the owners, we went to the best place in town. The owners could not be nicer and more helpful. I would not hesitate to rent this place again!
Our extended family stayed in this home for our annual reunion. It is a charming and comfortable home, nicely furnished with many antiques and pieces of artwork. It has a wonderful porch with wooden rockers and is on a quiet tree-lined street. The kitchen was easy to work in, with all needed items. The downstairs full bath was a great place to bring the children after a trip to the beach for showers (washer and dryer just outside the door). The upstairs bedrooms were roomy and we used the small office off one of the bedrooms as a nursery with the provided pac-n-play (sheets provided too). Our grand-daughter loved the two dollhouses in her bedroom- what a nice touch! The dining room table has extra leaves and expanded to fit everyone comfortably. The outdoor patio area was very nice and we enjoyed cooking on the grill and eating out there. The home is an easy 3 block walk to the beach, one block over to the main street with shops and restaurants, and less than a block to a small grocery store. The owners were very helpful in answering questions prior to our stay.
Why the 4 star rating?
1) We were told upon arrival that the side yard depicted in the photos is not to be used by renters of the main house- since it was shown in the listing photos, I had come prepared with lawn games which the grandkids were disappointed couldn't be played as "we're not allowed there". I think that photo should be removed from the listing as yes, it does look like that, but don't go there!
2) The grill gas container was empty after 2 uses. We called the owners and were told where to get a new one and that we would be re-imbursed but it would have been nice to have the container checked and a spare provided if it was getting low.
3) The promised beach chairs were old and dirty and had also been promised to the renters of the upstairs apartment, which caused an awkward situation as first they claimed them all and then allowed that we could have one.
4) Check everything closely on your first day- the people following us claimed there was a crack in the coffee pot carafe (we used it all week and never saw such a thing). Initially our entire security deposit was held back, but the owners responded to our e-mails, were very gracious, and did not charge us for the carafe replacement.
Despite the "issues" noted above, this is a wonderful home, close to everything, and you will really enjoy your stay!
Short walk to Asbury Park restaurants/night life/theatre/concerts/events/movies/paddle boats and fishing. Short drive to Jersey Shore Premium Outlets, Six Flags, Monmouth Racetrack, Monmouth and Freehold Malls, apple & pumpkin picking, parasailing, and sailing...you name it!!!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 19 2016 - Oct 2 2016
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
Note: until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Payment options - most major credit cards, PayPal, personal check, certified check.
• Pet fee is per night/per pet.
• All taxes are included.
• OCCUPANT is responsible for all applicable credit card and/or bank transfer fees.
PLEASE INQUIRE FOR SEASONAL RENTAL TERMS...
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.