About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay0 - 7 nights
Updated 410 Captains Walk Villa 2 Bedrooms with 2 Baths in Palmetto Dunes
A Designer's Paradise! This is the Finest Captains Walk Unit on the Market!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 23, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Oceanfront Condo on Beautiful, Wide Beach
We spent the past week at this oceanfront, 2BR condo on a beautiful and wide beach in Hilton Head. Located in the Palmetto Dunes Resort area, it is centrally located and convenient to many shopping centers, grocery store and restaurants. This year, we were in the mood to relax, rather than explore. Thus, we spent most of time at the condo. Here's what's right:
1. Oceanfront Location with a Pool. The view is truly a "straight-on ocean" view. At the 2nd-floor level, you are looking through some palm trees, but it is ambient and the landscaping doesn't block out the view. The complex pool is directly beside the building. (We do wish there were umbrellas for shade at the pool.)
2. Second Floor Unit. There were only short flights of steps to this level, so we walked up/down easily and avoided the hot, stuffy elevator entirely after moving in on the first evening.
3. Good 2-Bedroom Layout: King bed in the Master, 2 Doubles in the 2nd BR. Our two teen daughters appreciated having comfortable, separate beds.
4. Predominantly Tile Floors. There is carpet in the den and bedrooms; however, the high traffic areas are tile. We prefer as much tile as possible at the beach.
5. Updated Master Bathroom is a sizeable space where we could spread out. Shower/Toilet are in a smaller, darker adjoining space.
6. Sparse traditional and neutral decorating. This comment may sound unusual, but I loved that the aesthetic of this condo is visually "quiet" and not distracting. There are warm, neutral tones throughout. There is minimal wall décor (thank you!) and only a few accents - which means there wasn't a bunch of mess to clear off of the counters and tabletops in order to make room for our things. Less is more!
7. Things worked. The A/C worked. The plumbing worked. I didn't have to request a repair (as is often the case this late in the season).
8. Responsive Manager/Owner. We did text with one question upon arrival. They answered promptly and even shared our sense of humor.
If we could make one change, we would plead that the dishwasher be replaced. It is old, missing some roller feet, has gotten rusty/dirty inside and does not wash; at best, it's a hot water rinse. We cooked in for 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners. That was a lot of hand-washing on vacation.
Overall, we were pleased and rated the unit 4 stars (and would give it 4-1/2 if that were an option). We would return to this unit if/when we return to HHI.
Thanks so much for the detailed review! We really appreciate you staying with us! We will look into replacing that dishwasher for sure! We are also potentially replacing the flooring in the unit as well this winter. We have new owners and they plan to keep this the fantastic property it has always been! Thanks and we look forward to having you again one day soon!
Perfect trip! Really loved this condo, was clean, comfortable, well stocked and was in the perfect location! We were happy we didn't overlook the pool, but were close to it. Happy that we were on the 2nd floor so we didn't have too many steps to get to the condo and didn't have to use the elevator. Being in the middle of the island we could access everything so easily. And took advantage of biking everywhere. Only suggestion would be to get some hooks....there isn't anywhere to hang wet towels or even a bathrobe. Thanks for opening your home and for a great vacation! We will be back!
Perfect beach location
We love staying at Captain's Walk in Palmetto Dunes; it is a perfect family location for enjoying the beach. Our condominium was very comfortable with all of the conveniences of home.
Beautiful Condo, great Location
The condo is beautiful. Great location, just across the main highway from Shelter Cove Park.
We were able to ride our bikes to the park to enjoy a car show and stop by restaurants.
Kroger is also closely located. The beach access is a short walk.
We did not like the dining room table high chairs. I would rather have a normal
dining room chair. This is my only constructive feedback note.
Nicely decorated, patio tables are nice.
The perfect spot for a winter vacation
After vacationing for 15 years in Hilton Head this is our first year in this condo right on the beach in Palmetto Dunes. It was lovely on all counts; convenient location, immaculate, beautifully appointed, well stocked kitchen and truly amazing sunrises from the front deck that had access from both the living room and the MBR. The heated pool was a bonus in March. The management company Luxury Concierge was a pleasure to deal with and provided excellent service. We can't wait to return next year!
My family and I had a wonderful week in your villa. The view is amazing!! The villa was extremely clean and had everything we needed for our stay. We can't wait to return again next year! It is truly the perfect place to stay in Hilton Head!
Palmetto Dunes Resort is Ranked #12 by Conde Nast Traveler for Top Resorts in the South. It offers... 3 World Class Golf Courses, Championship Tennis Facilities, an 11 Mile Salt Water Lagoon System for Kayaking, Canoeing and Fishing, 3 Miles of Pristine Beach, 2 Oceanfront Resorts with Restaurants, Spas, Lounges and Kids Activity Programs, The General Store for Daily Provisions, Souvenirs and Even a Great Quick Hot Breakfast or Lunch, An Outfitters Center for Bike and Beach or Fishing Gear, Shelter Cove Marina with Shops/Restaurants, Boat Rentals, Dolphin Tours, Fishing Charters and the all New Redesigned Shelter Cover Mall and a Free Shuttle within the Resort (from April-Sept) so much more in this World Class Resort. This is the most impressive and comprehensive resort on the island. Best thing is... Once you arrive you never have to leave!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
25% Deposit Required to Reserve All Stays 3 Nights or Less will Incur Clean Fee All Reservations Subject to Review Prior to Full Commitment Memorial Day to Labor Day Reservations are from Sat to Sat ONLY All Linens and Starter Soaps and Bath Tissues Provided Please Bring Beach Towels 10% Accommodations Tax, Resort Fee and Reservation Fee Added to All Bookings. You may Save the Reservation Fee by Paying By Check. CC Required for All Bookings Must be 25yrs or Older to Rent Any Promotional Advertising Subject to Terms and Conditions