About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 nights
ABOUT THE PROPERTY
Anagama Denmark was designed and built by ceramic artist Jonathan Hook in the 1980s and 1990s, incorporating traditional Japanese farmhouse style and the use of local timbers as highlights throughout the house.
The property offers two accommodation options, which are listed separately but can be hired together pending availability:
- Anagama Denmark - The Studio (Property #202289): A stylish 135 square metre, self-contained studio space, which sleeps up to two (2) adults. A small child can also be accommodated if required.
- Anagama Denmark - The House (Property #200809): The main house on the property, which sleeps up to six (6) people.
This listing is for The Studio.
The property offers a tranquil country-style stay, situated just outside of town on the crest of a north facing hill with stunning, ever-changing views across the Scotsdale and Denmark River valleys to Mt Lindsay. It is located just minutes by car from Denmark town centre - also within walking distance - and is situated close to the well-known wineries and restaurants of the Scotsdale Valley and Scotsdale Tourist Drive.
Anagama Denmark - The Studio offers the perfect escape for couples seeking quiet solace and rejuvenation, or as the perfect base to explore Denmark's coastal beaches and hinterland, Albany, and the Stirling and Porongorup Ranges.
The property derives its name from the large Japanese/Korean style wood fired pottery kiln situated adjacent to house, which was built by Jonathan Hook and used for pottery production in the early 1980s. The kiln is no longer in use, but is still a fascinating insight into the artistic process and science involved with ceramics. Pottery wares from this style of kiln are highly prized around the world.
Please be aware that this is a duplex property, and both listings may be rented to different guests at the same time. The House and The Studio are connected by a common wall and share some communal outdoor spaces, but are configured to allow total privacy and exclusion from one another.
THE STUDIO - FEATURES LIST
- Accommodates two (2) adults, and a small child if required.
- Former pottery studio and gallery that has now been converted into a stylish open plan studio, with kitchen and bathroom facilities.
- The main room, which houses the living and bedroom areas, is approximately 90 square metres, and the overall space is approximately 135 square metres.
- The Studio has been renovated to create a warm and spacious environment, but still maintains a contemporary and industrial feel.
- A partition wall separates the bedroom from the living area to maintain the architectural integrity of the building, which uses a lightweight steel truss system from the late 1800s to span the space.
- The view to Mt Lindsay is framed by large windows using recycled jarrah beams and maintains the Japanese sensitivity of the main house.
- The living area has a two and three seater Natuzzi leather couches, 55 inch Sony TV and DVD player.
- There is also a stereo system with headphone jack that can be plugged into your mobile or laptop.
- The bedroom has a queen bed, with the option of a cot for a baby or small child.
- All bedding, linen and bath towels are provided.
- Adjoining the main room is a self-contained kitchen and bathroom/toilet.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with a gas stove top, electric oven, microwave and small fridge/freezer.
- A north-facing deck wraps around The Studio.
- There is access to Wi-Fi in The Studio.
- If a group or family gathering wants to hire both The House and The Studio, privacy gates can be opened to allow access to both areas.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 31, 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
A little piece of paradise in the Denmark hills.
Lovely quiet location and well appointed
Very roomy studio and a very quiet location which is very close to town
Relaxing, Stylish & Awesome Setting
Absolutely loved our short weekend stay with our 2 dogs. The photos online matched exactly the what we got when we arrived. The design is minimalist but lovely & clean. Not a cobweb or a speck of dust in sight. Everything was provided inc towels & linen at no extra cost. The views overlooking the valley were stunning. Very peaceful & relaxing. Kangaroos in the bottom of the paddock & kookaburra's on the balcony. Beautiful gardens. Loved the owners ceramic work too. Would definitely stay again. Helped to recharge our batteries.
Minimalist, clean & transquil
A converted ceramics studio. Stylish, clean & set in a fantastic get away environment. Very relaxing. Beautiful surroundings & views. Lived up to the photos online. Has everything you need. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Would definitely go again. Perfect for unwinding & recharging your batteries.
Very well presented good facilities
We were made welcome and enjoyed our stay thoroughly despite some rain.
A magical place
Beautiful location, stunning building, epic views and so much peace. We loved it.