|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Location, Location, Location!!!
• 400 feet of private riverfront • 2 docks that can accommodate kayaks to pleasure size watercraft (additional marina space is available within walking distance from the property) • Quality restaurant on the river accessible by private road within the property offering lunch, dinner and cocktails • 1 mile to gas stations, grocery and liquor stores • Sand beach swimming within 20 minutes by boat or 10 minutes by car to Mullett Lake • Fishing out your front door, either from the docks or by boat • More than 50 golf courses and 3 casinos within a 1 hour drive • Mackinaw City and voyages to historic Mackinac Island within a 20 minute drive • 1.5 hours to Tahquamenon Falls and the Soo Locks, with 3 other casinos on the way • Public hiking and recreational trails access within walking distance of the property • Mullett Lake is a 20 minute river ride, the lodge is 10 minutes by water from Black River (a full-speed river perfect for skiing, tubing and jet skis) and 20 minutes from the locks to Lake Huron • You are not just watching waterfowl from afar, you’re in the flocks and this is one of the best boating, kayaking and canoeing experiences found anywhere •
Allow yourself to escape to this modern tri-level lodge (interior wood cottage décor) on the beautiful Inland Waterway of Michigan with room to play both indoors and out. Wildlife is so abundant on the river and the grounds, we guarantee at all times during day light hours you will see wildlife while enjoying the outside or through one of the large windows when inside the lodge. The lodge features a tri-level visual experience of the river.
The property has 3.5 irrigated acres of land, 400-feet of river frontage, two private docks with enough space to moor several watercraft, an outdoor fire pit, swing, several picnic tables and many lounging chairs on the extensive decks. A quaint apple tree orchard grows on the property with peaceful seating to enjoy overlooking the river, read a book, have morning coffee or just relax.
The modern air conditioned lodge includes a game room with a bar and pool table, 2 large screen TVs (73'' and 46'') with cable, WiFi, fireplace, 2 refrigerators, washer and dryer, a fully stocked kitchen and enough sleeping for up to 12. The 4 bedroom, 3 full bath lodge, has an open floor plan containing a kitchen/dining/living room combination with a 24-foot cathedral ceiling. The lodge also has a large 2nd story wrap around deck featuring 2 propane grills, a lower river level patio and is perfect for your group, large or small.
Photos throughout the lodge offer a gallery of northern MI scenery and wildlife.
Other Fun Stuff
• Bring your camera; whether on the water or relaxing from the deck, docks or patio, this is a photographer’s pleasure trip. Take in inspiring sunrises, sunsets and river views right from the lodge.
• Boating: The lodge is situated on the Inland Waterway, which is a 38 mile system that begins at the mouth of Lake Huron and continues down the Cheboygan River into Mullett Lake. At the south end of Mullett Lake, the Waterway then flows into the Indian River and on into Burt Lake and continues into the Crooked River before coming to an end at Crooked and Pickeral Lakes. If you choose to take the entire Inland Waterway roundtrip, it takes over 10 hours from the lodge by boat.
• Nature lovers and bird watching: The river provides a more intimate, up-close view of wildlife than a lake. The Cheboygan River Watershed is known for large migrations of birds and providing a natural habitat for their spring and fall migrations, nesting and natural activities throughout the summer. Deer, raccoon, mink, swans, Canadian geese, mallards, mergansers, gulls, wood ducks, herons, golden eyes, osprey, cormorants, golden and bald eagles and many other beautiful wildlife species call the waterway home.
The Cheboygan River Watershed is known for its large, deep, high quality, kettle lakes which support an array of fish and wildlife and serve as a core tourist attraction. Expansive wetland systems have formed where the large rivers filter into these lakes. These large marshes, such as the Indian River and Pigeon River Spreads provide critical spawning habitat for fish and nesting, foraging, and migration habitat for a wide range of birds.
• Fall colors: As the nights become cool in September and October, the spectacular color show begins. Check out the Pure Michigan website for recommended fall color tours or take an atlas with you and venture out on your own.
As some of our guests have described the experience of their stay:
“We had a great time in this beautiful house overlooking the river. We were a group of 13 with 8 adults and 5 kids. We had ample space for everyone in our family. The rooms were maintained neat and clean and made us feel at home. The outdoor and indoor games were enjoyable for everyone. The kids enjoyed the bon fire with toasting the marshmallows. Thank you for making our vacation a memorable one. We would love to come back again soon.”
“If you are looking for a remote getaway, this isn't it. If you are looking for clean, comfortable and high attention to detail to enjoy the waterways, and have a diverse number of amenities, fun "boat people" going by, and lot's of stretch room, this is the ticket.”
“Thank you so much for allowing us to “borrow” your house for a week! We had tons of fun on both Mullet Lake and the Black River. We loved watching the boat races and your house had a great view of them racing. We like your pictures around the house that gave us a glimpse into the life around the river. Thanks again!”
And from a child’s perspective:
“I had so much fun at this house. I played pool, went fishing and went swimming in the lake. I also played the games that were outside. I just had one of the best summers ever!”
Child 1: I loved the dock and how far out it went. We saw giant crayfish and even a turtle! The baby sunfish were adorable. I even saw an otter! I also enjoyed playing pool and swimming, not to mention the baby ducks were adorable. I loved it.
Child 2: I had so much fun at this house. I played pool, went fishing and went swimming in the lake. I also played the games that were outside. I just had one of the best summers ever!
Child 3: The house was so beautiful and so was the perfect view of the river! We rented a pontoon for two days and went to the lake. We only caught some mini sunfish by our dock. My favorite part was sitting on the dock and sticking my feet in the water. My vacation was fun, awesome and full of adventure!
The property was exactly as advertised. Jennifer ensured that we were well cared for and if we needed anything just to ask. I would recommend this property to all my family and friends.
While in Cheboygan we went to Mackinaw city and visited friends and had lunch. We also rented a boat from Mullet lake marina and spent he day on the river fishing and sight seeing.
This was a great vacation home on the river. The family had a great time fishing off the dock. We made a fire in the fire pit and the adults and children made smore's.
We had other family guests over to have dinner with us four out of the five nights we stayed here. There was plenty of room to sit 12 people for dinner in the dining, kitchen area. The kids spent every evening in the game room playing pool and watching the TV while the adults visited upstairs in the living room
The lodge was fully stocked with all the amenities that you could think of. More pans and dishes than you could possibly need to cook any meal.
The condition of the lodge was immaculate and everything worked and was top shelf. The washer and dryer came in handy as we had three small children that seem to get dirty a lot.
The fall colors were setting in while we were there and the scenery all around the lodge was beautiful, especially when having coffee on the deck overlooking the river when the sun was coming up. The river was very busy with geese, ducks and other water foul.
Overall the family thought this was a great getaway and they have many wonderful memories to carry through their lifetime of this vacation.
I will brag on this property to all my friends and family as being one of the best vacation spots that they need to go to.
We thank you very much
Roderick VanGordon & Family
We had four couples and the house had the perfect setup. We each had our own rooms. Very spacious and comfortable. Docks are great for small boats, good fishing, lots of things to do close. Lots of parking and very private. We all thoroughly enjoyed our week at the lodge. I highly recommend it to couples and families. It is a beautiful home. Jennifer was very helpful and accommodating. Thank you Jennifer.
We had 6 adults and 7 children (all under the age of 10) stay at the vacation home and we had plenty of room! It was a nice, comfortable house, with two great docks for our boats. It is not necessarily a secluded getaway home, if that's what you are looking for, but if you enjoy fishing and boating this is the place to stay! Jennifer the property manager was awesome and just a call or text away if you need anything. The town of Cheybogan is a cute little town to visit if you want to walk around and Mackinaw is only 30 minutes away! None of our kids had anything bad to say about the house, and all of them cried when we had to leave! It was a great vacation had by all. We would definitely recommend this house to anyone!
Beautiful home, beautiful grounds, 400 foot of river front view and two docks, plus we received fresh fruit and chocolates from Jennifer! What a fantastic relaxing vacation home, we really enjoyed our stay and all the space. The kitchen was also very well equipped and the deck with two propane grilles, we had some great grilled fresh caught fish and local corn. Thanks for a great vacation getaway!
Our vacation was perfect this year w so much room at the lodge both inside and out. Our view of the river ideal as so many boats of all kinds were viewed from our deck and walk out. The birds woke us up each morning and the quiet of the river in the evenings gave us a peaceful sleep. We will return again. Thank u.
We had a truly wonderful experience. The property matched the description, was very well kept, and thoughtfully furnished. The property manager, Jennifer was friendly throughout the rental process, and provided, unprompted, helpful information at every turn. We had three couples, with one couple accompanied by teenage children, and the property provided opportunities for privacy, as well as social interaction, as desired. The deck overlooking the inland waterway provides a particularly relaxing venue. Extended family camps at Aloha State Park virtually every year, we we likely will "camp" the comfortable way at this lodge again. Soon, I hope.
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
A cleaning fee of $120 and 6% tax is in addition to the rental fee. Your reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of half of the rental fee and a signed rental agreement. The second half of the rental fee and a $500 refundable security deposit (used only in the event of damages), is required 45 days prior to your arrival date.
Check-in is at 3:00 pm, check-out is at 10 am.