About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
Lovely character home circa 1900, newly renovated, self contained with private entrance. Airy high ceilings with ceiling fans and reverse cycle air-conditioners for heating and cooling.
This area is very convenient to the airport and train station giving excellent access to the city, St George Hospital and other venues.
This is quiet suburbia yet still within short walking distance to bustling shopping and many multi-cultural restaurants.
This home offers spacious living for three with extra comfortable beds and mattresses. If there are additional guests, an extra single bed can be placed in the second bedroom and the lounge and a toddler bed can be assembled in the master bedroom.
For the elderly or less mobile guests, there is a handrail for the 3 steps to the front door, an electric bed, and even though it is only a short walk to amenities, there is a bus stop outside to the rail Station, shopping centre and St George hospital.
A Porta-cot, baby bassinet crib or child day bed and high chair can be requested, but please note that the back apartment is more appropriate for young children than this apartment, as it has a child gate, an outdoor play area and the rooms are not directly above any other apartments sleeping area. See my listing 200227 'The TARDIS - huge leafy balcony BBQ'.
For those needing to work, there is a desk and office chair.
Foxtel Go on a laptop connected to the TV providing you full cable TV package including Sports, Movies etc.
Digital electronic lock for convenient access. You will be provided your code prior to arrival.
Double glazing in front bedroom on street.
On street parking usually available outside or within one or two houses, in busy times carport parking may be shared with owner if requested.
Bags can be dropped off at apartment before check-in time
Early check in / Late check out by prior arrangement possible.
Can be joined with the back apartment if required for larger families to provide 4 bedrooms - see my listing 201561 'The TARDIS Expanded'.
Your host lives downstairs to assist when required.
I apologize if these rules seem over the top and pretty obvious, but each has been added from my hosting experience to date:
• Smoking outside only– please keep ashtrays from over-flowing
• Use exhaust fan when showering to ensure adequate ventilation
• Use the air conditioners sparingly and turn off when going out. Please make sure the external doors and windows are closed and air-conditioners are not set to excessive temperatures when heating or cooling is turned on, so that they are not overloaded and can work efficiently. Turn off Lounge Room heating or cooling when all guests have retired to the bedrooms at night.
• Hang wet clothes on the balcony, do not hang wet clothes throughout the house to dry, closing windows and turning on the heat. This causes mildew to form on the walls which is most unhealthy.
• Please respect my neighbours and the guests in adjoining apartment. Absolutely no parties or overly loud night activities. Quiet time 10pm to 7am.
• No overnight non-Stayz guests. If more guests than booked are found to be staying you will be asked to leave.
• Please leave the house as you found it
• Hot Water. It is a large tank that supplies the whole building but it is on ‘off peak’ - which means it only heats over night. When it runs out you must wait until the next day. We have NEVER run out of hot water yet - but make sure you use Cold Water only in washing machine and take a reasonable time in the shower – particularly if you have more than 3 guests in your party.
• Please be careful of floors, walls etc with your suitcases and do not move the furniture around scratching the timber floors.
• Please leave the house as you found it, take out your rubbish and wash your dirty dishes.
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 24, 2018
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Great place to stay. Central to everything. 10 minute walk to train. Perfect for 5 people.
Loved property. Parking available in front. Safe place. 10 minutes walking to train or great restaurants. Very clean!
So pleased you enjoyed your stay! Welcome back any time.
Cozy flat at a nice area
We stayed for 5 nights with 4 people in January 2018.
You’ll find everything you need in the flat. Also the WiFi works perfect.
We used the second bedroom for two adults so it was a little bit to small (especially for the luggage).
We loved the position of the flat because it’s only a 5 Minute walk to the train station. There’s a direct connection to Sydney central in about 15 minutes.
There are Supermarktes,restaurants and other shops at the train station too.
Wendy was a great host. She gave us helpful information and we felt welcome.
If we would come back to Sydney we would like to there there again.
The unit had two rooms which was ample for three of us. We had what were needed for our stay here. Train station was a short walking distance. Close by Woolworth supermarket. The landlady, Wendy was very attentive. These all made our holiday meaningful.
Great Property.... home from home
We thouroughly enjoyed our stay at The Tardis, clean, comfortable, in a quiet street, it's a shame we didn't find this gem earlier!! Wendy, the host, is very welcoming and ensures you have everything you need for your stay. Thank you Wendy, we know where to stay again... highly recommend to all :)
All that was promised and more!
We loved our time here, Three of us for five nights.....was very easy to cope with the Sydney humidity as cooled down with AC very quickly. So close to station and many places to eat. Car parking in street outside door was always available. Delightful host who had taken a lot of care to present a welcoming home. Thanks we appreciated it!
This place was fantastic, close to the train station, supermarkets. The place was clean and tidy and just like being at home. Wendy provided helpful information booklet which had all we needed to know.
Would stay here again.