About the property
- House376 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 4 nights
Escape, relax and unwind in 'Somerset on King'.
'Somerset on King' is conveniently located close to Coronation Hall &, with two bathrooms, makes getting ready for weddings there so much easier! Unfortunately, the property is not suitable for children under 12years - bookings will not be accepted for children under 12. (Please do not ask as refusal may offend.)
Our two storey holiday home offers 3 bedrooms (QS beds) so bookings are strictly limited to 6 persons only (extras are not permitted). With open living spaces, air conditioning & a fireplace, outdoor decks and undercover entertainment areas, the home is furnished with a delightful mix of vintage, antique and contemporary pieces. Share quality time with loved ones and friends, chill out or make it your base to explore the Brisbane Valley and stunning Lake Somerset region.
We love our neighbours & our home & therefore NO parties are permitted. In fact, out of respect for our neighbours, no loud music or noisy behaviour after midnight will be tolerated.
Breaches of these requirements will affect return of your Security Bond.
In this stunning slice of the world, you can be as active or as lazy as you wish - curl up on a couch, read a book, watch a movie or take a two minute stroll from your holiday retreat to the free tennis courts on the banks of the Stanley River.
Our local general store provides general provisions, a relaxing coffee spot & meals if your getaway doesn't included home cooking :)
Just a 5 minute drive from the village will take you to Lake Somerset where you may enjoy the free facilities which include picnic tables, gas BBQ and protected swimming area.
Launch your ski boat for a stimulating adrenaline rush. Or bring a canoe, kayak or fishing boat to explore Lake Somerset and the picturesque river.
Don't forget your camera as the wildlife in the area is abundant. Somerset Dam Village and surrounding district is the habitat for koalas, kangaroos, possums and wild deer, plus a spectacular range of native birds, colourful parrots and eagles.
Three rural towns are nearby to Somerset Dam Village:
* Esk and Kilcoy offer supermarkets, bakeries, butchers, newsagents, pubs, antique shops, cafes, art galleries, weekend markets, plus golf courses that are open to the public.
* Toogoolawah is home to the International Drop Zone Parachute Centre where you can witness displays, experience a tandem jump or further your parachuting skills.
If horse racing is an interest, both Esk & Kilcoy have country races throughout the year.
Mobile phone reception in the village is limited to Telstra subscribers. However, we offer free WiFi and a public phone box is 100m away on King Street.
Off road parking is available in the driveway and (down the lane) at the back of the house. Boats may be parked in front of the house. King Street is wide and most people park their boats in front of their homes. The back driveway provides ideal access to the house for those wishing to avoid stairs.
‘Somerset on King’ provides all bed linen and towels, a fully equipped kitchen & basic pantry requirements. Just BYO your food, drinks, picnic gear, beach towels... and Rest, Relax, Explore, Enjoy!
A few House Rules:
** NO parties are permitted.
** Bookings are for a maximum of 6 persons only.
** The house is not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
** To protect our polished timber floors, no shoes to be worn inside.
** Absolutely no smoking inside the house.
** Our neighbours are very considerate and we aim to keep them happy - so no loud music or loud behaviour after midnight.
Detailed House Contents and Facilities
• Steps from the front driveway lead to the front deck with gum tree and mountain views. Stainless steel and wood rails surround this entertainment area. On the deck, casual bar, outdoor lounge chairs, ice bucket, decorations and a side cupboard contains a badminton kit. Drop blinds on two sides provide protection from weather.
• From front deck, sliding doors lead into the lower level open plan living, polished wooden floor, coat stand, two antique sewing machines, antique desk, teak carved long table, cane chair, bookshelves, two sitting areas, two reverse cycle air conditioning units, stylish decorations and soft furnishings
• Kitchen - spacious, gas hotplates, wooden bench tops, pantry, fridge with small freezer compartment, island bar houses electric oven and 3 stools, overhanging wine glass rack. Dishwasher, double sink, water filter - vintage Art-Deco console
• Living Area 1- leather lounge, large coffee table, wood combustion fireplace
• Dining Area - antique dining table, art work
• Living Area 2 - TV, DVD and CD players, leather chairs in TV area with glass topped coffee table, antique carved drinks cupboard under stairs, wardrobe for hanging coats, stairs to upper floor
• Outdoor Entertainment Area - sliding glass doors from the kitchen lead to the undercover BBQ and entertainment area. Gas BBQ, outdoor table and chairs, plants, gate to back driveway.
• Laundry, Powder room, Shower - from TV area is a lockable door leading to a powder room - a second door opens to a tiled room containing storage units, bar fridge, front loading washing machine, clothes dryer, laundry sink and a large tiled shower space.
• Studio Bedroom - from laundry (on same level, no steps) - lockable door leads to additional large spacious bedroom, queen size bed, air conditioning, coffee and tea making facilities, table, two chairs, DVD player, spotted gum laminate floor, cupboards, private entrance to BBQ entertainment area and to the back driveway. Two lockable entrances, Ideal for those wishing for some privacy from the main house or those needing to avoid steps. Access to the laundry, 2nd shower, toilet/powder room and main house through the lockable door.
• Landing - spacious tiled landing with ceiling fan, two work desks, large mirrors, antique sideboard, sliding door to upper deck which overlooks covered BBQ and entertainment area. Main bathroom and upper floor bedrooms lead off this landing
• Main Bedroom - queen sized bed, side tables with lamps, antique dresser, double sliding door wardrobes. Sliding door to access upper deck. Reverse cycle air-conditioner
• Second Upper Floor Bedroom - queen size bed, side table, antique table with mirror, built in wardrobe, ceiling fan.
• Main Bathroom - opens onto the landing, upper bedrooms share the shower cubical, toilet, vanity
• Upper Deck - The deck overlooks the outdoor undercover entertainment area and offers rural views. Deck chairs, wood slab coffee table - access from landing or main bedroom, it is ideal for a quiet retreat, morning coffee, drinks etc.
Allana O'Kane / Joan Gordon
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one day
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 30, 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
For Stayz - Year of stay missing 2018, we stayed 01/2018
Thank you, Salit and Micah. We're so pleased you enjoyed staying at 'Somerset on King' and look forward to hosting you again sometime.
Somerset on King is an awesome getaway
Absolutely lovely weekend, beautiful well appointed house.
So pleased you had an enjoyable weekend in Somerset Dam & were comfortable in our home :)
Every aspect of this property was delightful, we would not hesitate to refer it to others and will definitly be returning here ourselves in the future.
Thank you, Anne - we're pleased you were comfortable & happy with your stay. We look forward to hosting you again :)
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Somerset on king the house was set up very well the beds extremely comfortable, it was exactly as described and the booking process was very simple.
The air conditioning and fans were already on when we arrived so the house was nice and cool which was a plus in this hot weather. overall one of the nicest houses we have stayed in. Would definitely recommend this property to anyone and will definitely be re booking for a trip next year.
We'll be happy to see you again, Haylea.