This luxurious, privately owned, lakeside chalet was built in 2016 and is nestled in Thredbo Valley and surrounded by the spectacular Snowy Mountains. For winter it is conveniently located to Blue Cow and Perisher with easy access via the skitube, perfect for an action packed week away on the slopes. For those looking for a romantic getaway we have a cosy gas fireplace to enjoy while taking in the snow capped mountain views over the lake. During the warmer months guests can get outdoors with 25km of mountain bike tracks to explore and a large number of other recreational facilities.
We want our home to feel like your home, without all the worries of day-to-day life. Our lakeside chalet can cater for a solo adventurer or a family of 4 on a school holiday getaway. Our luxurious chalet is surrounded by beautiful snow gums and an abundance of native wildlife. No matter your reason to travel we are sure that Faraya Chalet will be exactly what you are after. And if you're looking to travel with family or friends we also have another property next door called Chloe’s Chalet to ensure you are close and can enjoy your getaway together.
We offer our guests all the conveniences of a home away from home including:
* On the top floor we have a spacious main bedroom and ensuite. The bedroom has a king size bed (or twin beds if requested) with all linen, wall mounted SmartTV, built in wardrobe, ceiling fan and wall heater. While the 5 star ensuite has a 2 person spa bath/shower and complimentary welcome toiletries and towels.
* Queen size Murphy bed (pull down bed) with linen, located in the living area.
* Spacious main bathroom with complimentary welcome toiletries and towels.
* Laundry with a washer and dryer and complimentary washing powder and a drying cupboard.
* Fully equipped kitchen with family size oven & gas cooktop, dishwasher, integrated fridge & freezer, microwave, Nespresso (pod) machine, kettle, toaster, a large variety of cooking utensils, serving dishes and all crockery as well as complimentary welcome tea & coffee.
* Gas log fireplace to warm you up after a day on the slopes or to enjoy on a romantic getaway.
* Air conditioning in living room.
* Open space living with kitchen, dining and lounge.
* Balcony overlooking the picturesque lake and beautiful mountain views
* Under staircase storage for large winter coats or bulky luggage.
* Parking space at the front door making checking in and out easy.
* Lockable storage for mountain bikes
* We also have a portacot available on request for those with young children.
* Weekly servicing for long stays
Guests have full access to the chalet and are also welcome to use the common property assets including:
* Indoor heated pool
* Day Spa (at extra cost)
* BBQ facilities
* Restaurants & Bar
* 9 Hole par 3 Golf Course (guests to supply own equipment)
* Tennis courts
* Mountain bike and bushwalking tracks
* Segway tours (at extra cost)
* Trout Fishing (guests to supply own equipment)
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
Each month a magazine is distributed with more information about activities in the Snowy Mountains Region.
Forgot something, no need to panic, visit Crackers General Store for those last minute items.
Faraya Chalet is located lake side in Crackenback with spectacular views over the lake towards the mountains. Guests are able to do as much or as little as they like at their home away from home.While we provide everything you need at our home, you are only a stones throw from restaurants and bars that offer casual breakfasts, takeaway lunches and luxurious dinners.
There is also a ski hire company called Harros Snow Sports who will be more than happy to cater for everyones needs.
At Crackenback you can experience some of the best mountain biking in the Snowy Mountains Region. With tracks as short or as long as you like there is something to suite the novice and the experienced rider. For those upto the challenge there is over 25 kilometres of scenic trails encompassing Crackenback Lake, Thredbo River and Kosciuszko National Park. The trails will rate amongst the best you have ridden, with stunning scenery to match. Roll through some of our amazing single track and open trails within 150 acres of natural bushland with the backdrop of the Snowy Mountains.
Try the Thredbo Valley Track, a 19 km Track meandering from Thredbo to Crackenback. Ride past amazing mountain scenery, ride or walk over the beautiful Thredbo River on purpose-built bridges and finish your journey at Crackenback.
Crackenback is a 5 hour drive from Sydney and 2.5 hour drive from Canberra. Once you are in the spectacular Crackenback everything is only a short drive away.
* 15 minute drive to Thredbo Village
* 15 minute drive to Jindabyne
* 2 minutes drive to the Ski Tube for Perisher and Blue Cow.