***2 night minimum stay/discounts are applied for 5 nights or more***
**The resort has a strict no pets policy**
Please read this listing description properly and in full before requesting any bookings...
This listing is for a complete two storey townhouse in the beautiful 4.5 star Raffertys Resort on Lake Macquarie. Only around 90 minutes drive north from Sydney you'll discover a dream getaway that will have you feeling relaxed and enjoying yourself in no time at all.
The resort has an abundance of facilities for your enjoyment including: 4 swimming pools (indoor heated and outdoor), heated spas, 3 tennis courts, numerous electric bbqs and picnic areas, playground, boat ramp, lake foreshore with private beach, two restaurants, Cafe and bar, daily pelican feeding, boat and water sports shop with hire activities including SUP, kayaks, boat hire, jet boat adventures, paddle boats etc and a nature arboretum with abundant wildlife and native birds throughout the resort.
The two storey townhouses in the resort were built approx. 15 years ago and are still fairly modern. This property has recently been freshened up with a new exterior paint scheme. Parking spaces for 2 cars, ducted Air Con, ceiling fan, balcony off the main bedroom with lake water views, very leafy with lots of rosella's, lorikeets, kookaburras, cockatoos and other native birds always around. The front patio is a beautiful spot to sit and watch the birds from.
It sleeps 6 comfortably - 2 in the main, 2 in single bunks in the second bedroom, and 2 on the fold-out sofa bed downstairs. Both upstairs bedrooms have their own ensuites with toilet, shower and hair dryers. There is a full laundry with washing machine and dryer provided for use with ironing board, iron etc in laundry cupboard also.
Kitchen contains a brand new upright fridge/freezer, microwave/convection oven combo and cooktops. A toaster and tea/coffee making facilities are provided and all the usual kitchen items are welcome to be used. We do provide all your basic condiments and tea and coffee but if you're after a real coffee you will need to visit the resort cafe!
Need to bring your own loose and fitted sheets for the queen bed and the single bunks and beach towels. Quilts, pillows, bath towels and spare blankets are provided.
The carpet and the townhouse itself is well used but clean. Very kid friendly but still comfy and cosy and a very neat and tidy place for a holiday. There is a large range of books, games and toys for the kids if required. The resort also has a kids club that operates during school holidays.
LED wallmounted flatscreen TV/DVD upstairs in the main bedroom and large brand new 65" 4k HDTV flatscreen with DVD/BLURAY downstairs in the lounge room. Both with foxtel on the AV setting and a huge range of DVD's to watch.There is also free WIFI interner in the townhouse details of which will be made available once booking is confirmed.
The downstairs loungeroom has a brand new futon and also a brand new double sofa bed for use if required.
This unit is lived in some of the time so be prepared for it to look a little lived in...i.e books, pictures, general household items etc. Most of this will be put away but there will still be some slight evidence of us living there.
A comprehensive Information Booklet is provided upon arrival that should answer any questions you may have and assist you in making the most of your holiday experience with us.
Some of the attractions around the resort and local area include :
* numerous bushwalks and coastal walking tracks with abundant native flora and fauna
* native bird and pelican feeding daily in the resort grounds
* beautiful local beaches that are great for surfing or relaxing
* the amazing Hunter Valley wineries and tourist destinations under an hour away
* the sparkling clear waters of Lake Macquarie
* renowned national parks and native flora and fauna
* historic and picturesque Catherine Hill Bay
* Caves Beach with its coastal cave system and beachside hotel
* great local pubs, clubs and hotels
* abundant fishing spots on the lake or the beaches
* quality golf courses and sporting facilities
* fine dining in the resort and surrounds
* few minute drive to local supermarkets and other dining options at Swansea
* 35 min drive to the sites and attractions of Newcastle and all it has to offer
* 15 min drive to the shopping mecca of Charlestown Square
* movie cinemas, tenpin bowling and dining also at Charlestown
* watersports including wakeboarding, skiing, jetboating, kayaking, and boathire available from within the resort and surrounds.
* scuba diving, spearfishing and snorkling spots all around the lake and beaches
* whalewatching and dolphin spotting
* short lakeside stroll to the beautiful Murrays Beach cafe, foreshore and play area
* abundant mountain bike trails
* the Fernleigh track which runs nearly all the way into Newcastle itself
* lawn bowling greens
* Blackbutt Reserve with playarea, BBQ's and native wildlife on display
* Warners Bay lakeshore area with BBQ's, walking paths and dining options
* Speers Point huge play area for the kids (this place is amazing)
If you're after a perfectly presented, spotless, ultra modern 5 star accommodation style unit this is probably not for you. However if you want a relaxing, comfortable and cosy space for a fun getaway, I'm sure you'll love our little place as much as we do.
Everyone that has stayed has absolutely loved the place !
As the townhouse is lived in sometimes the cupboards are mostly full. There is room and space for luggage etc to be opened but not a lot of storage space to put clothes away. If this will be a problem please look elsewhere.
Also we expect guests to treat our home with respect. That means if you stain something don't hide it try and clean it, if you break something let us know, if you move furniture etc please put it back before you leave. Please just leave the place somewhat like how you found it and how you would be happy a guest left your own home.
Also if you have any dramas or problems let me know asap and I will do everything I can to make you happy. No refunds or part refunds will be offered if you fail to read any part of this listing properly.
Perfect for a relaxing romantic getaway or for a fun filled family holiday.