Beaches Beaches Beaches
Situated on the Clyde River and Bay, Spinnaker is minutes from all amenities Batemans Bay offers. There are two secure under cover car spaces (height 1.8m restriction) with a lift to the first floor. Three bedrooms contain two queen size beds and 1 double with 1 single bunk bed. Two bathrooms, each with walk in showers and two baths - one a spa bath. The apartment comes complete with linen and towels provided free. A modern kitchen has a full range of cooking equipment and dining utensils. Additional features includes BBQ, air conditioning, free NBN wifi, Foxtel, Netflix, bluetooth speakers, and many other extras including the use of two bikes. Cot, high chair and extra folding bed available on request. There is no charge for linen/towels, no charge for cleaning (if left clean and tidy) and no owner booking fee or security deposit required.
Most Bay restaurants are within walking distance, as are 2 licensed clubs including a first grade golf course. The marina is 200 meters away, which hosts fishing tours as well as a seafood restaurant. The extensive bike path passes in front of the complex and you have the use of 2 bikes which come free of charge, also hire bikes are available in the CBD. Fishing is popular from the rock wall in front of the apartment complex.
Batemans Bay is surrounded by National Parks with great walks and many lovely beaches to choose from. Explore the Clyde River on the Merinda boat trip up to Nelligen. Mogo Zoo, the home of the famous white lions, is only 15 minutes away.
We will meet you when you arrive and provide any advice you require regarding shopping, dining or recreation options.
Our Spinnaker Apartment is popular for smaller bookings (1 or 2 couples) or for the larger family.
Your hosts, Roz & Kim, specialise in assisting with the organisation of a full golfing experience in Batemans Bay. On your behalf, we can liaise with any one of our local golf courses to arrange tee times, green fees, golf-cart hire and clubhouse membership.
• Catalina Country Golf Club. Situated in the heart of Batemans Bay, this 27-hole championship layout is a real test of golf skill, being maintained at a consistently high and challenging standard.
• Moruya Golf Club. Nestled in the heart of the beautiful Moruya township, this course is rated as one of the best courses on the South Coast, Certainly the greens are regarded the equal of anywhere.
• Narooma Golf Club. Less than hour’s drive from Batemans Bay lies the famous Narooma Golf Club. This cliff-top picturesque course is regularly listed amongst Australia’s Top 100.
Batemans Bay and Region
The Batemans Bay region is famous for its many attractions, which includes Mogo Zoo, The Original Gold Rush Colony, Eurobodalla Botanic Gardens, Clyde River Tours, Deep Sea Fishing Tours and numerous other tourism award winning enticements.
Some examples –
• Birdland Animal Park is a delightful and intimate hands-on experience. Forest paths wind through eight acres of sweeping waterfront trees and landscaped gardens brimming with native Australian animals, birds and reptiles (over 100 species). Make way for the chugging train just out of the tunnel! Most creatures trot up for hand feeding and patting.
• Mogo Zoo is situated 10 kilometres south of Batemans Bay. It was established in 1989 by Sally Padey, and has attained an international reputation as one of the most successful private zoos in Australia. This extraordinary collection includes gorillas, rhinoceros, silvery gibbons, Bolivian squirrel monkeys, giraffe, zebra, meerkats, cheetah, cotton-top tamarins, snow leopards, Sumatran tigers, Nepalese red pandas, ring-tailed lemurs, oriental small-clawed otters, siamangs and the world famous white lions.
• The Original Gold Rush Colony (formerly Old Mogo Town) is a re-created 1850s gold rush town and theme park. This award-winning New South Wales South Coast tourism attraction is an educational, historical and cultural venue. Informative tour guides retrace the story of life during the 1850s Gold Rush, including the adventures of Australia's 'bloodiest' bushrangers, the Clarke Gang. See the working Stamp Battery, explore the Gold Mine, mining town buildings, and pan for your own real gold.
• Recreational Fishing - "A good days fishing, with plenty more for tomorrow" - From Murramarang Beach to Wallaga Lake is 85,000 hectares of estuaries, creeks, rivers and lakes nearly all available for recreational fishing with little restriction.
• Fishing Tours. The MV Jean Marie is fast, comfortable, and modern - the ultimate fishing and cruise charter boat in Batemans Bay on the New South Wales south coast of Australia. All visitors are welcome - beginners, experts, families and children.
• 4-Wheel drives and Treking. The Bendethera Caves Walking Trek is only accessible by four-wheel drive via Moruya. It is part of the Deua National Park; a stunning and rugged part of Eurobodalla. The walking trail itself is an eight kilometre round trip with some dramatic terrain in its final stages.
• Walking Trails. Deua National Park features some of the best walking tracks like the Big Hole and Marble Arch, the Bendethera Caves, and incredible camping at Bendethera Valley and Deua River campgrounds. A rugged, scenic area of mountain ranges, bisected plateaus and both wild and gentle rivers, much of which is listed as wilderness. Deua's rivers are popular for canoeing trips and its limestone belt attracts caving enthusiasts.
Your hosts, Kim & Roz, can help with any enquiries you may have regarding whatever regional attraction you are interested in to add to your holiday itinerary.
No end of year 'schoolie' reservations, I'm sorry - unless accompanied by at least one reference.