About the property
- Farmhouse215 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 4 nights
Large Rural 5 bedroom holiday property of 44 acres with stunning views
VIEWS VIEWS VIEWS! That's what everyone says when they walk onto the property!
"Orangewood" is a lovely rural 5 bedroom hill top home with stunning views. In the southern Orange wine region, it's 20 mins from Orange town centre and 10 mins from historic Millthorpe and it's cafes & wine cellar doors. It has established gardens, massive pool with views, fireplaces & vast spaces. Also family friendly with bikes, toys and playroom, the 44 acres of vineyards (formerly "Gold Dust Winery") & cattle paddocks make it a destination in itself to relax, feast or be active and not just a place to sleep.
PLEASE NOTE THE POOL IS ONLY OPEN DEC -MAR. It maybe usable in November or April given it is a cold climate region but please check with us before booking.
Why stay at Orangewood?
- 5 Bedrooms, 3 separate indoor Sitting spaces, 2 Large fireplaces
- Open plan gourmet kitchen and large flexible dining configurations
- 18m private Pool with views, Established Deciduous Gardens
- Separate Outdoor entertaining places of various seating combos
- Magnificent 360 degree Views, Amazing bird life, Grassed Spaces & Serenity
- Welcome gift on arrival and Late checkout of 2pm
- Optionally Kid friendly inside & out with Playroom, toys & games, Bikes & Bike track
- Movies, Books, Games for all ages
- Only 15 mins drive to Millthorpe village & cafes
- Quality linen, condiments and bathroom essentials provided
What awaits you?
With a welcome gift on arrival, stoke up the fireplaces in the winter, or jump straight into the pool in the summer and settle in for the night. Wake up in the mornings to peace and for early birds, enjoy beautiful sun rises. Wander outside in the gardens with your morning cuppa, breathe in fresh country air. For the active, nice brisk walks or a run on the local roads is very popular.
Back inside, "Orangewood" has an excellent northerly layout to provide lots of sunny areas. With floor to ceiling glass windows, it encapsulates the wonderful large garden terrace pergola and views across the front lawns & beyond. Enjoy your breakfast at the dining table whilst watching the bird bath and the beautiful rainbow lorrikeets fly in.
For all those home made Masterchefs, they'll love the large kitchen and freestanding extra wide oven, Gas cooktop, Large fridge + drinks fridge, Asko dishwasher, entertaining platters, bench space and all the cooking (& cleaning) utensils you could need. There's also a condiment cupboard for use. In the large kitchen, enjoy your feast in the dining area with 12 seater, flexible configuration dining tables. Plus there's the adjacent laundry with ironing and clothes washing facilities if needed.
Perfect for the cooler months, Orangewood is well insulated with 2 wood fireplaces as centrepieces of the large lounge rooms. Enjoy the ambience with the firewood we provide and roast your complimentary marshmallows (winter only) whilst cosy inside. It could be a winter wonderland outside (July/August) if you are lucky to have snow.
In the summer, it's perfect temperature inside and out as the region only reaches low 30C maximums. You'll love the kitchen overlooking the 18m fully glassed fence pool on the southern side - closed in cooler months. Entertain on the large south verandah with the pool metres away which is great for kid supervision. Cook up a feast on the large gas BBQ whilst your drinks keep cool in the spare drinks fridge just inside the back door. We provide some basic pool toys, plus with the kids imagination, everyone will have fun in the largest private pool you'll probably ever experience.
With two separate lounge/living zones, there's 2 flat screen TVs & plenty of space for all ages. Books, board games and movie DVD's keep everyone occupied inside. The Orange region generally has an abundance of blue skies and clear days, so during the day, use the expansive grass areas for outdoor games such as bocce, totem tennis, balls, cricket and a skateboard to name a few.
"Orangewood" is definitely great for kids to be free whilst the adults relax. The kids will love the toy/playroom complete with toys and books for a range of ages. Outside, there's a kid-made BMX style bike track with 4 different size bikes and helmets supplied in the shed. With grassed areas for outdoor sport games, plus toddler tree swing, there's plenty of dirt to play in and space for the kids to be real.
If you feel like venturing further, using our visitor guide, you can travel to historic Millthorpe and stroll around the village cafes and general store. That's one of the secrets of "Orangewood" - whilst you are in a rural area, you are only 15 mins from Millthorpe and great coffee/cafes. With the tourist information and Orange region winery maps we provide, it's not too far to whiz into town ie the bustling vibrant regional city of Orange, visit famous Orange wineries, be about 40 mins to Bathurst, or a day trip to Dubbo Zoo.
So back at "Orangewood" in the evening - the skyline is often just perfect for orange sunsets amongst the tree lines. Once the sun is set, from the back porch, the night sky and stars are just amazing. The Milky Way galaxy is falling upon you, it seems so close. Free of light pollution, these are skies you rarely see in metro areas.
When it comes to head hit pillow time, you'll experience comfortable and quality bedding with plentiful pillows and a bedside light. Winter wool quilts and electric blankets keep you warm in the winter with fan heaters. You don't need to worry about bathroom linen either, as we provide quality bath towels, hand towels and bath mats (1 set per bathroom).
We're also environmentally friendly at "Orangewood" so you can use our organic shower gel and handwash to keep our septic tank healthy. And for a better planet, we're proud supporters of the not-for-profit whogivesacrap website for our toilet paper, kitchen roll and even the box of tissues - using recycled, earth friendly materials to support developing nations sanitary needs.
So perfect for family groups and couples getaways, we welcome you to "Orangewood" for your next rural holiday. With uninterrupted views across rolling hills, relax and enjoy the birdlife or be active and enjoy the beautiful countryside.
- Fully Glass fenced 18m Pool (CLOSED IN COOLER MONTHS Open Dec -April approx)
- All flat inside for easy access
- Plenty of parking outside 7+ cars plus Caravans
- Large Gas hood BBQ with Wok burner
- Telstra 3G network coverage (please verify other telco providers)
- 2 Large Outdoor entertaining settings plus 2 x Small outdoor table/chair settings for portable dining
- Sealed roads until you reach property driveway (gravel for 200m)
- 18/10 stainless steel kitchen cutlery, crockery setup for 10-12 plus coffee plunger, teapot, breadmaker, large sandwich press, toaster, large selection of platters & serving bowls, chopping boards, wine glasses etc
- Portable fan heaters in the winter + 2 fireplaces with wood provided
- Open plan dining with 12 seater dining table ( 2 x 6 seater table for flexibile configurations)
- Informal 2 seater lounge in passage way
- Radio//CD player with CDs, iPod player
- Separate laundry with washing machine, dryer, cleaning and Ironing facilities + bar drinks fridge
- Full internal fire safety council compliance ie smoke alarms, fire extinguishers/fire blanket, exit lighting
- 2 x High Chairs
- Quality Bed Linen provided (Quilts, sheets, pillows, electric blankets)
- Organic bodywash and handwash
- Bathroom Towels (per, hand towels & bath mats (1 set/bathroom), toilet paper
- Cleaning included in nightly fee (excluding BBQ).
- Babysitting available on request (additional charges)
For 11 guests:
- Large Family bedroom with QB + SB (+ room for BYO cot) + BIR + access to en-suite bathroom
- 3 x QB bedrooms (2 with BIR) (2 rooms large enough for BYO cot)
- 1 bedroom with 2 x Single beds (BIR)
- 1 x Bathroom with Shower, Toilet, Vanity sink
- 1x 2-way Bathroom (from family bedroom and from hallway) with Bath, Shower, Toilet, Vanity sink
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- THE POOL - We'll do our best to keep it pristine but this is a remote farm and leaves etc can blow in between cleans. It can be a bit cloudy if topped up from bore but is cleaned regularly when open. It also has green tiles, not blue which can affect appearance but it is safe and chlorinated.
- There is no WiFi/Internet - With the rollout of NBN Wireless, it is not suitable for mass guests who expect 'city-like' bandwidth speeds and want to video stream.Guests own mobile phones with data plans (assuming you have coverage with your provider) can generate wifi hot spots.
- This is a farmstay and council permission for holiday let is based upon no noise impact to neighbouring farms or animals so no noisy parties etc
- Refunds cannot be issued if weather causes the power to be out
- With any farm, you may encounter unwelcome spiders, rodents etc but we have done our best to ensure the house is free of pests without overdoing the chemical spraying
- It is a small working farm but you do have exclusive use of house and property for duration of your stay
-Self-catering only: BYO Food - evening convenience/shopping/restaurants is really only available in Orange 20 mins away
- NO SMOKING anywhere on the property
- An allocation of wood and kindling is provided
- BYO coffee machine (because the owners don't drink coffee!)
- Please clean BBQ after use
- NO PETS - there is no secure fencing
- BYO pool towels & face washers. One bathmat & 2 handtowels per bathroom is provided plus towels for 11 guests
- Cleaning is done once checked out - it is not serviced daily
- Min 3 nights for all public/long weekends otherwise min 2 nights. MIN 4 NIGHTS over Xmas
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 29, 2018
What makes this Farmhouse unique
Why stay at Orangewood? =================== - Based in the southern wine region of Orange - 44 acres of established gardens, vineyards & cattle paddocks - Magnificent Views, Amazing bird life, Grassed Spaces & Serenity - Very large 18m private Pool with views - Many outdoor spots amongst the established deciduous to perch yourself - Welcome gift on arrival and Late checkout of 2pm - Optionally Kid friendly inside & out - Only 15 mins drive to Millthorpe village & cafes - All quality linen, condiments and bathroom essentials provided - Value for money with a set nightly house price for 11 (no complicated extra costs) & cleaning is included
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 12:00 AM
Check-out: 2:00 PM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Our favourite country retreat
We have stayed here several times, most recently in Jan 2018. The huge house is on a hill top with 360 degrees views of the surrounding country. We were a large group with several kids, but there was plenty of room for everyone. There are two separate lounge areas so the kids can have a DVD session while the grown ups chill out with a glass of wine. The pool is huge - about 18m by 6m! Very welcome in January! The kitchen is well equipped and there is a really good BBQ which we used several times, even for breakfast. Sunrises and sunsets are amazing, as is the star gazing on a clear night. Already looking forward to our next visit!
Fantastic family getaway
Our family of 4 stayed with another family and we had a fantastic time. The house was very spacious, clean and well maintained. The views from the outdoor area were amazing and the kids loved the pool, bike riding around the property and stargazing at night. Highly recommended.
Perfect all year round!
We have stayed at Orangewood 4 times in the last 12 months! We absolutely love it here! It is perfect for a break all year round! The bedrooms are well equipped (electric blankets in Winter!) plenty of pillows and very comfortable mattresses! The living areas are perfect for entertaining, or just sitting with a book and glass of wine. The grounds are well maintained and my children enjoy exploring the grounds in search of wildlife! The pool is HUGE and we can supervise the kids from the comfort of a range of outdoor furniture! We've cooked and BBQ'd at Orangewood and the facilities are in excellent working condition and the pantries are well stocked with staples. The property is conveniently between Orange town centre and Millthorpe. There were days when we didn't leave the property at all as it was so relaxing! Mary (the proprietor) is lovely and quick to respond to any emails and queries. Highly recommend this property and can't wait to plan our next visit!!
Very spacious, yet still cosy
Orangewood is enormous - ideal for large groups - but with two fireplaces still feels cosy. Great kitchen, and everyone in our group reported extremely comfortable beds. The grounds are beautiful. Pity it was too cold to go out and fully appreciate them!
Amazing views, and the place is absolutely perfect for large groups. Two fireplaces means it's nice and toasty, even on the coldest winter nights. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Orangewood!
Beautiful home with gorgeous views
Our party of 4 couples loved our stay at Orangewood. A very comfortable home with the most gloreous view. 2 fireplaces kept the house very warm. Beautifully appointed and very comfy beds. Enormous kitchen. We had a wonderful relaxing long weekend.