Nestled at the end of a leafy peaceful no through road, and only a 2 minute stroll from Four Mile Beach, is Sea Pavilion.
Sea Pavilion is an architect-designed home that plays on all the senses, capturing the essence of tropical living. Sounds of vigorous birdlife and the gentle lapping of waves on the beach. The visual of lush tropical landscaping which runs through the centre of the property and around the properties pavilions - pigmy palms, Heliconia's, lipstick palms and a Frangipani tree just to mention a botanical few. There is even a frequent morning show of Ulysses butterflies that flutter from a tall backdrop of paperbark trees lining the back boarder of the property (usually viewed with my first coffee of the day, lounging on the outdoor settee). There is even a resident bush turkey (completely harmless) that struts its stuff, walking down the central covered walkway of a morning.
Being so close to the beach, we receive many sea breezes which travel through the properties indoor and outdoor living spaces, aided by louvres, large bifold doors, casement windows and ceiling fans. For those still days that lack sea breezes, a simple alternative is to seal up elected pavilions and turn on the air-conditioning.
Specifically designed to comfortably cater for all age groups, be it a family of 3 generations, a large group of friends or 5 couples, nothing has been overlooked. The building layout provides both private and communal living spaces, from which guests may pick and choose depending on their mood.
There are 5 double bedrooms, each with ensuite including bath and shower, and a 6th single bedroom. The Master bedroom ensuite has a spa bath, and the bifold doors in the bedroom open out to a private patio with direct access to the pool. One of the ground floor bedrooms with ensuite is wheelchair friendly, fitted with hand rails near toilet/bath/shower. The whole of the ground floor building is on a single level, extending wheelchair friendly functioning.
There is a large outdoor pool (64m2), which is heated throughout June-October, with a ledge that runs the longest length of the pool. This sitting ledge was designed to cater for 5pm happy hour and small children who are able to stand upon it independently under supervision.
The kitchen has been equipped to deal with any cooking aspiration or contingency, and for large groups of people. There are 2 dishwashers, a fridge with built in ice dispenser and filtered water, separate bottle fridge, and a DeLonghi coffee maker as well as Nespresso machine - take your pick. And I must not forget to mention the humble sandwich-press maker which comes in handy for those parents with fussy little eaters, and the food processor for cocktails!
There is an outdoor dining table that seats 11 people, with the option of extending an automated shade sail during the day or retracting it back after the sun goes down. Alternatively, if you are set up eating outside and a surprise rain shower greats you, simply extend the sail by pressing its remote controller and nobody needs to duck for cover.
There is also a 6 seater outdoor lounge settee that is housed under a extended fixed A-Frame canopy with ceiling fan. The canopy is designed to shade as well as be 100% rain proof. One of my favourite pass times during the wet season is to lounge under the canopy with ceiling fan on, glass of white wine in hand, absorbing the smells of a moistened tropical garden and listening to the sound of steady rain on the canopy's corrugated iron roof, feeling amongst it all, with the security of keeping dry.
It should be mentioned that both upstairs bedrooms have a seizable private balcony with 2 chairs/balcony. In addition, 2 large luxurious lounge chairs are positioned on the Master bedroom's private patio. Lastly for the sun worshippers, there are 2 comfortable banana lounges directly by the pool.
For those fitness-concious people out there who cannot bear to have a holiday without exercise and hate waiting in line for machines at the public gym, we have equipped an on-site gym with cross-trainer, exercise bike, treadmill, hand weights, cable TV, air-conditioning and ceiling fans.
LIST OF FACILITIES:
* Large Pool (64m2): Built with ledge running the maximum length of the pool, catering for 5pm adult beverage time or allowing small children/toddlers to stand with supervision. Heating available June - October.
* Gourmet Kitchen: Lined with Pilbara Cream Marble, quality appliances, fridge with built in filtered water dispenser and ice-maker, 2 dishwashers, Nesspresso coffee machine. Fully equipped to deal with any cooking contingency.
* Dinning: Indoor and Outdoor options (BBQ included)
* Bose' entertainment sound system, BluRay DVD, Foxtel, Playstation 3.
* WiFi internet access, telephone, printer.
* Gymnasium: treadmill, cross-trainer, exercise bike, weights, cable TV.
* Laundry: Bosch front loading washing machine and dryer, external washing line, ironing facilities
* Linen & Towels: all linen, bath towels and beach towels provided.
* Outdoor Shower: positioned inside front door entrance to rinse off after beach time.
* Toddler appliances available: highchairs & strollers (x2 of each) free of charge on request. Portacots (x2 of each) on request.