Our beloved Lavender Cottage in a nutshell:
- it is absolutely charming, cosy and perfect for a relaxing getaway - with or without kids or furry friend in tow
- it sleeps up to 6 people in 2 bedrooms: the larger of the two features a double bed and a chair which folds into a comfortable single bed, if required; the second has a double bed with a single bunk above
- comfortable open-plan living area with a oh-so-cosy wood heater for chilly nights (think hot chocolate, fluffy warm blanket and great book) and reverse cycle air-conditioning for gorgeous but hot summer days (please note that we do not provide firewood but there is plenty of kindling made available to you; wood can be bought by the bag in town or nearby Tarwin Lower; if you aren't a fireplace kind of person: our split system will keep you toasty)
- beautiful polished Jarrah floors
- large windows allowing you to enjoy the tranquil, lush native garden from the comfort of your bed as well as the two cosy sofas (watch the birds, look at flowers, day dream...)
- there is no room for boredom: a cupboard full of games, a ridiculous amount of DVDs, CDs, audio books and books and magazines - kids and adults - will ensure plenty of entertainment; we also have Lego, dolls house stuff, a wooden train set, building blocks that would make Rudolf Steiner jealous and, and and
- BBQer's delight: we have a large deck complete with hooded BBQ and a teak outdoor setting (the table of which recently received a beautiful lime green new coat)
- AND (kids beware :-) ) nestled in the garden under its own veranda and with its own deck, is a restored pop-up caravan – the perfect place for the kids to hang out (or the parents to hide); it also has a beautiful Jarrah floor and two beds as well as another sleeping area; attached to the caravan is a gigantic dolls house; there is also an enormous trampoline in our garden.
- said large, beautiful fully fenced garden backs onto the picturesque Cape Liptrap Coastal Reserve: leave the back gate and you will be on your way through the stunning coastal bush to Number One patrolled beach (a 15 minute adventure, though, that might not be suitable for young children or people lacking fitness).
- equipped with a washing machine, microwave, flat screen TV and CD/DVD player
- and while off the beaten track, is within easy distance to Venus Bay’s shops and restaurants and the five beaches.
What to do
? Walk to the beach over the dunes and through stunning bush via Lavender Cottage’s own access path – simply follow the shells in the trees
? Grab your boogie board and let yourself be carried away at patrolled Number One beach
? Sit in Lavender Cottage’s lush native garden, listen to, and watch, the abundant bird life
? Have a jump on the trampoline or check out our giant dolls house; read a book, play a board game or watch a DVD by the fire place
? Visit the boat ramp in the 3rd estate, go fishing, play on the playground or simply admire the sun set
? Get a new hair do
? Enjoy the numerous out of town attractions/activities, including visiting the Inverloch Bunurong Environment Centre (27 km) to walk in the steps of dinosaurs, going on a tour of the Wonthaggi coal mine (38km), driving along the stunning Bunurong C oastal Drive marvelling at its rugged sandstone cliffs and sandy coves or visiting the iconic Wilsons Promontory (80km)
Lavender Cottage’s garden is fully fenced. Though we do note that Venus Bay's local wombat population is not impressed and has dug a number of holes underneath the fence which we have attempted to block (more or less successfully). If your dogs are escape artists, our garden is not the place for them, unfortunately. Well behaved dogs are allowed inside (but not on the furniture). Dogs are allowed on leash on No 1 to 5 beaches. Restrictions apply during summer (see photo for details). Please note that dogs are not allowed on the beach that can be accessed via, and including, Lavender Cottage's access path. There is an off-leash area on a further beach/wetland, about a 10 minute drive from Lavender Cottage (Doyles Road beach).