Perched on an undulating cliff overlooking lnvestigator Strait and Kangaroo lsland, Matjala offers a special place to unwind in complete solitude. Leave the everyday world behind with walks on the private beach during the day and relax under a star-filled sky at night.
Matjala is fully self sufficient with solar and wind power and set on 100 acres on Southem York Peninsula. The property is situated 1km from the main entrance.
Relax and let your mind drift away as you gaze out over the ocean, enjoying 180 degree panorama views. With 3 balconies to choose from you can always find a quiet corner to while away the hours.
Matjala has its own private beach with rock pools to enjoy and amazing rock formations to investigate and explore.
Matjala can sleep up to 20 guests and large groups can be accommodated by request to the owner.
Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms. Two with king size beds and one with a queen size bed. Downstairs there is another bedroom with a queen sized bed and a bunkroom with 5 bunks and its own entertainment area.
• There are ceiling fans throughout
• There are 2 bathrooms upstairs and one bathroom downstairs
• Linen is provided
• Iron & Ironing board
• Fully equipped Kitchen & Laundry facilities
• Hair dryer
• Tea & coffee making facilities
• Outdoor area with camp fire and sauna
• Combustion wood fire for those colder days
• Large flat screen TV with Foxtel, CD/DVD player
• Internet is available
• There is no smoking within the home
• 3 Balconies with fabulous views
• Gas BBQ
• Pet friendly house*
*Well behaved, house trained dogs are welcome. Please note that there is no secure fenced area.
Locality and Things to Do
Matjala is situated in South Australia on the Southern Yorke Peninsula. The turnoff to the property runs off the South Coast Road, approximately 20kms from Marion Bay and the Innes National Park.
• For boaties fowl bay offers a boat launch with is only a 2km drive. Marion Bay has a concrete launch ramp while Pondalowie Bay located in the Innes National Park also offers a beach launch.
• Butlers beach which is only a short drive offers beach fishing or if you're into deep sea fishing a charter can be arranged from Marion Bay or Pondalowie Bay.
• Matjala is located 20 km from Innes National Park and the delightful coastal town of Marion Bay
• Marion Bay boast a very popular fishing jetty and boat ramp. There is also a fully licenced Tavern/restaurant offering lunch, dinner, coffee or drinks overlooking the Bay. Bookings are adviseable during holiday periods
• Innes National Park is a must to see with spectacular views and various walking trails for the beginner to the experienced.Pack a lunch and spend the day in the park. It offers you the chance to walk, swim, fish and dive in one of the most natural coastal environments in Australia.
• Southern Yorke Peninsula is one of South Australia's most popular diving areas offering the opportunity to explore around the jetties or the extensive coastline. Follow the Investigator Strait shipwreck trail which features 26 shipwrecks.
Off Peak $220 (4 night minimum)
Long weekends $280 (4 night minimum)
Easter $ 280 (4 night minimum)
School holidays (Off Peak) $220 (5 night minimum)
School holidays (Peak) $280 (5 night minimum)
• A refundable bond of $300 is requested with booking
Tariffs shown above are for 2 guests only ($20 extra per guest per night)