About the property
- House2045 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
A short trip from the heart of Melbourne and you feel worlds away from the hustle and bustle of the city, a small paradise that is completely exclusive for guests.
Barong on the Water is and old style farm cottage offering a home-away-from-home experience, including all the modern luxuries.
Sorry: No Pets
The house includes 1 ensuite connected to the master bedroom and a second, larger bathroom.
With 4 cosy bedrooms that sleep up to 6 adults and 6 children there is room for everybody, and then some.
The spacious patio, featuring a 12 seater alfresco area and BBQ, gives a panoramic view of the Nagambie Lake and private access for swimming and leisure activities.
Barong on the Water is located close to local wineries and eateries, along with many other attractions offered by the area.
Sorry, No Pets
Things to do:
- Visit Tahbilk Winery and Wetlands Cafe. Experience Australias oldest family owned winery and continue onto the newly refurbished Mitchelton winery, providing sweeping views of the Goulburn River.
- Take the Goulburn Explorer tour boat for a ride to Tahbilk and Mitchelton or go on the night tour and see the Goulburn under lights.
- Try one of the districts best wood fired pizzas at Bank Street Wood Fired Pizza & Gardens in neighbouring Avenel, browse Gadds Olde store and sample some of Scotts aged meats at the Avenel Butchers Shop for the BBQ.
- Fowles Wines does an excellent midday meal, with their renowned Ladies Who Shoot Their Lunch wines.
- Make sure you put a boat or canoe on the lake and tour the Goulburn River and scenic lagoons. You can use your own or hire locally. Spend a day drifting down the river from Seymour in a tinnie or canoe.
- Have lunch at the White Hart hotel in Longwood. Drive up to the Ruffy store for meals made from local produce. Come home with a scenic drive via: Nolans Rd, then left onto Ponkeen Rd and finally over the hill on the Wickett Hill Rd.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 9, 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Great property, spacious surrounds, great for kids
Good location for our family to attend sons wedding in Murchison .Very clean ,great outdoor area for kids ,close to town and lake. Generously stocked pantry and fridge.
Very comfortable bedding.Reverse cycle air con/heating in all bedrooms but non in living area .Enjoyed pub meal at Royal Mail hotel.
We had a very relaxing long weekend up at Barong on the Water, beautiful location, well maintained and fantastic hosts. Will return again.
perfect for a short or long relaxing stay
our family held our annual get together at Barong and absolutely loved it .
The property is brilliant with lots of room amenity and is set up for a relaxing time . The host Sandra and Andrew are really friendly and generous and the property was clean as a new pin. I recommend this property for any family looking for a getaway that is not too far from Melbourne
We really enjoyed the stay , though it was bit cold during that time of the year ,
Stunning Property, perfect location
Everything about the farmhouse, the stay, the linen and the hosts is perfect
A little piece of heaven
We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our stay. The house is spacious, very clean and well equipped. The outdoor area is wonderful,private and has a lovely outlook down to the water. we would definitely recommend.