A short trip from the heart of Melbourne and you feel worlds away from the hustle and bustle of the city, a small paradise that is completely exclusive for guests.
Barong on the Water is and old style farm cottage offering a home-away-from-home experience, including all the modern luxuries.
Sorry: No Pets
The house includes 1 ensuite connected to the master bedroom and a second, larger bathroom.
With 4 cosy bedrooms that sleep up to 6 adults and 6 children there is room for everybody, and then some.
The spacious patio, featuring a 12 seater alfresco area and BBQ, gives a panoramic view of the Nagambie Lake and private access for swimming and leisure activities.
Barong on the Water is located close to local wineries and eateries, along with many other attractions offered by the area.
Sorry, No Pets
Things to do:
- Visit Tahbilk Winery and Wetlands Cafe. Experience Australias oldest family owned winery and continue onto the newly refurbished Mitchelton winery, providing sweeping views of the Goulburn River.
- Take the Goulburn Explorer tour boat for a ride to Tahbilk and Mitchelton or go on the night tour and see the Goulburn under lights.
- Try one of the districts best wood fired pizzas at Bank Street Wood Fired Pizza & Gardens in neighbouring Avenel, browse Gadds Olde store and sample some of Scotts aged meats at the Avenel Butchers Shop for the BBQ.
- Fowles Wines does an excellent midday meal, with their renowned Ladies Who Shoot Their Lunch wines.
- Make sure you put a boat or canoe on the lake and tour the Goulburn River and scenic lagoons. You can use your own or hire locally. Spend a day drifting down the river from Seymour in a tinnie or canoe.
- Have lunch at the White Hart hotel in Longwood. Drive up to the Ruffy store for meals made from local produce. Come home with a scenic drive via: Nolans Rd, then left onto Ponkeen Rd and finally over the hill on the Wickett Hill Rd.