The Fox Hole is a charming self contained studio style cottage in the heart of historic village, Woodbridge, in Southern Tasmania.
Woodbridge is one of the prettiest small villages in the Channel area and is conveniently nestled along the D'entrecasteaux waterways, abundant with gourmet foods, wineries and stunning natural beauty.
The cottage is open plan, featuring a gorgeous kitchenette with benches made from Tasmanian Blackwood and beautiful Tas oak timber floors throughout. There is a bathroom, separate bedroom (accommodating 2) and a pull out sofa bed to accommodate 2 extra people if needed. Extra bedding can be provided for families with toddlers. A port-a-cot is available upon request.
A small courtyard backs onto the garden and a fruit orchard shared by free roaming chooks. Pick some apples and mulberries in season or help yourself to a lime or lemon for your gin and tonic.
Gilbert makes stunning Huon Pine Picnic Planks on the premises and are available for purchase. I also sell them at the famous Salamanca Market on Saturdays.
- Free WIFI Internet Access
- Gourmet Breakfast Provisions Provided ( special dietary needs catered for upon request, e.g. gluten free, vegetarian )
- Bose Sound Dock
- Porta Cot Available
- Off Street Parking
- Seasonal Fruit Available From The Orchard
The Fox Hole makes a great base to explore the D'entrecasteaux Channel, Bruny Island and neighbouring Huon Valley. The local post office, village shop, pub (Peppermint Bay) and great coffee are all only a 2 minute stroll away.
LOCAL ATTRACTIONS :
- Peppermint Bay - Award winning and world class dining venue ; 2 mins Walk
- Grandvewe Cheesery ; 5 mins Drive
- Bruny Island Ferry Terminal ; 5 minutes Drive
- Get Shucked Oysters ; Bruny Island
- Bruny Island Cheese ; Bruny Island
- Bruny Island Eco Wilderness Cruises - Award Wining ; Bruny Island
- Fleurty's Cafe and Farm Walks ; 5 mins Drive
- Hartzview Vineyard & Wine Centre ; 10 mins Drive
- Willie Smith Organic Apple Cider & Museum ; 35 mins Drive
- Home Hill Wines & Restaurant ; 35 mins Drive
- Tahune Airwalk ; 1.5 hours Drive
HOBART ATTRACTIONS :
- Mona ; World Class Museum of Old and New Art
- Salamanca Market