About the property
- House1130 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 2 nights
Please note: Linen and towels can be provided at a small additional cost (See below).
This light and airy heritage house is in a central location, close to all the major attractions of Canberra and opposite a large park. Insulation throughout, air-con in living room for summer, while in winter you'll be cosy and warm with ducted gas heating throughout.
It is ideal for couples, families and pet owners - and is the perfect base for holidays or work. You can walk to Braddon's cafes and fine dining, local shops, the city and the War Memorial, and the house is directly opposite Corroboree Park with its tennis courts, basketball court, play equipment and BBQs. Parliament House, the National Gallery, ANU and Dickson are all a short drive away - or take the local buses to the ANU, the University of Canberra, the Australian Institute of Sport, the National Museum, Parliament House, the city, Belconnen and Woden.
* Parties and events are strictly prohibited.
* Additional people who are not described in the booking agreement are not to use the property without prior arrangement with the owner, via Stayz or otherwise.
The house has:
* Timber floors, high ceilings and original sash windows throughout.
* Ducted heating throughout is instantaneous. Floor heating in the main bathroom
*The house is well insulated for both winter and summer.
*The is reverse cycle airconditioning in the living room for summer and ceiling fans in all bedrooms.
* Free unlimited wifi (ADSL2+).
* A lovely bathroom with large bath, underfloor heating and rainwater shower head (with the two shower heads over the bath) and hairdryer.
* The house has two toilets - one in the main bathroom and a separate toilet next to the laundry.
* A covered outdoor area with small gas BBQ and outdoor seating.
* A large garden with fruit trees, herbs, roses, eucalypts and lots of room for kids and pets to run around.
* TV, PVR, DVD, CD player, iPod dock, a selection of books and games, and a pianola on the front sun room.
* Fully equipped kitchen with oven, microwave, tea and coffee facilities (espresso and capsule), blender, cooking basics and a dining table that seats eight.
* Original artworks and sculptures to enjoy.
* Laundry with front loader washing machine, tumble dryer and drying rack, ironing facilities, and there's an original 'Hills Hoist' clothes line in the backyard.
The Ainslie Art House is most comfortable with 4 people, but can sleep up to 7 adults in 4 rooms, with a queen size bed in the main bedroom; two new single beds in the second bedroom; a double sofa bed in the living room; a king single day bed in the front sun room.
Baby is welcomed with a portacot, high chair and baby bath available.
The Ainslie Art House is pet friendly. The fenced backyard is a combination of 1-1.2 metre and 1.8 metre fences, with a small gap under the driveway gate. Dogs that are escape artists (either good jumpers or very small and good at sneaking through gaps) may need to be tied up on the back porch if they are to be left alone in the yard. Pets are able to sleep on the back porch or inside the back laundry area - and are welcome in the kitchen area but not elsewhere in the house please (i.e. not in the lounge room or bedrooms).
* Linen is an additional optional cost ($15 per person/whole stay) payable directly to owner via bank transfer or cash. BYO linen is free. This option will be sent with arrival information upon booking.
* Minimum stay of two nights unless filling a gap.
* The owners may require access to the garage in the far corner of the backyard in which case there will be communication to arrange.
* Check in from 2pm, check out at 10am.
* This property is NON-SMOKING for all interior spaces please. Any smoking inside will incur an additional cleaning fee.
* If you there is anything that you particularly need for your stay, let us know and we'll see what we can do!
Optional Additional Costs
* Linen costs are not included in booking costs. BYO Linen is free.
If you wish to have linen provided, a linen service (all bed linen, towels and washers with beds made up on arrival) can be purchased for $15 per person. Linen costs are payable by bank transfer or cash directly to owners. Linen service option or default BYO linen will be sent with arrival information upon booking. There are existing mattress and pillow protectors provided on all bedding.
* Pet cost of $35 per pet per stay. Pets are restricted to outside areas, back verandah, laundry and passage adjacent to kitchen. Please understand there is no pet access to main living areas of the house, fabric chairs, beds etc. Pet costs are payable by bank transfer or cash directly to owners and arranged when we send out arrival information upon booking.
* Cleaning: Whole house surface cleaning is included in your stayz booking. The basic cleaning fee you have paid covers our cleaners to clean bathroom, toilet, and whole house floors and surfaces, and set the place up for next guests to a high standard that you should have also experienced on arrival.
On departure guests are expected to put away clean dishes, clean any appliances used such as: cooktop/oven, microwave oven, coffee machine and clean and empty fridge of all opened foods. If you prefer to leave the kitchen to be cleaned by others the cleaner will do it for an additional fee depending on the time it takes. Please contact us if you would like this arrangement to organise payment arrangements. Additional cleaning costs are payable by bank transfer directly to owners.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 20, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Ainslie House offers a quiet retreat in a leafy suburb, walking distance to the city and the trendy cafes on Lonsdale St Braddon. It is also an easy drive to most places from there. The house has everything you could want. The heating is quick and efficient and the backyard a great size for a relax in the sun and a glass of wine! The yard did need mowing and weeding and looked rather tired making our first impressions a little dubious of the house but once we settled in we enjoyed it's ambience. Oh, and most importantly, the bed was very comfortable!
We spent a long weekend there with my parents and my 5-year old daughter and we loved it!
Very good communication with Malcom and Julia before and during the stay. Everything we needed was provided and we would definitely stay there again, if we do another trip to Canberra. It was a very convenient location for us, super quiet and relaxing.
Good wee bach for weekend in Canberra
We stayed here while in Canberra for a wedding; we wanted to bring our wee dog with us from Melbourne and this is one of the few dog friendly properties we could find! (Note there is an extra fee for pets even though they are outside only)
House itself has a bach-y vibe, with a huge backyard (we got an unseasonably warm weekend so spent some time outside). We didn't use the kitchen but it was very well stocked with staples and utensils. The cafe recommendations in the info folder were good and the house is only 1.5km from the central town.
The highlight of the weekend was getting home from the wedding late to a mob of kangaroos on the nature strip outside!
Dear Philippa, Thanks for your review and glad we could accomodate your early check in and late check out and other needs. We do keep a strict policy about pet for the many guests who like a clean house free of dog or cat hairs. We do however allow pets in the back part of the house including the kitchen dining area where the floors are easily cleaned and there are no soft furnishings. This information is hopefully clear in the listing description and house guide folder. We hope to see you and your friends and puppy again soon! :) Warm regards, Julia
Good location . Comfortable beds . All we could need
We had a great stay at Ainslie Art House, loved the property and how close to main attractions we would definately recommend for anyone sightseeing in Canberra
Warm, cosy, sweet, family friendly cottage!!
We absolutely LOVED our stay at the ainslie art house!! Snuggley warm comfy beds... The heated floor in the bathroom was lovely... The heaters were instantaneous... There was everything we needed, the kids had a ball playing soccer in the back garden, & heading over to the great playground equipment across the road or the basketball courts every afternoon. Amazing shops just down the road... A great IGA with a huge range of cheeses... A French restaurant with great cakes & pastries & crepes... we will Definately be back next year for the kanga cup & will be staying at the art house! Loved it!!!