|Minimum Stay||1 - 2 nights|
Enormous Barn - Rural warehouse style - Private 12 acres right in the heart of the Byron Shire
Set amongst 12 acres of stunning green hills and open fields - a unique, relaxed holiday paradise
Offering open plan warehouse style living, The Big Blue Barn is perfectly suited for friends and families who fancy an incredibly relaxed holiday with plenty of space to unwind
Sleeping 15 comfortably in 4 bedrooms, completely 'get together' friendly, fantastic for children, and pet friendly.
Enter along the private tree-lined road, splash around in the pool in a tropical oasis setting. Relax on the entrance deck or BBQ in the paved side courtyard area while enjoying a drink at the Tiki Bar. Or simply while away your time in the lush gardens and the fields a-plenty getting a good dose of fresh country air.
The Big Blue Barn features 3 bedrooms each with a queen size bed (two loft style with single beds also), and a 'Nook Room" with 3 bunk beds, a fully equipped kitchen, 4 showers, 1 bath and 3 toilets – an indoor bathroom and a fun outside bathroom block – hot showers while overlooking the cow paddocks. A small bonfire pit ouside and a cosy pot belly stove inside in an absolutely enormous living space to be free to do whatever you please — enjoy the pool table, ping-pong, tv/dvd and stereo.
Perfectly situated in the heart of the Byron Shire, the Barn is an easy 5 minute drive to the beach, 5 minutes to Mullumbimby and Brunswick Heads and 15 minutes to the centre of Byron Bay.
25 minutes from Ballina airport and 35 minutes from Coolangatta (Gold Coast) airport. Take a direct shuttle bus from either airport to the Mullumbimby drop off - Uncle Tom’s Pie shop where you either cross the road to the property or we can come and meet you and your luggage and offer you a ride to the Barn.
We look forward to having you stay!
Big Blue Barn - Property Details
Bedroom Configuration: Sleeping 15 most comfortably in the 4 bedrooms
Bdrm 1: Enormous mezzanine room: queen bed, plus 4 singles
Bdrm 2: Mezzanine room - Beautiful polished wood floor: queen bed, plus 2 singles
Bdrm 3: Private ground floor room, queen bed, walk-in robe
Bdrm 4: Nook Room: 3 x bunk beds
Linen, Quilt and Pillows all provided. You need to bring your own towels only.
• 2 enormous roller doors open directly to the lush gardens and fields-a-plenty. Large screens can be put in place to keep the roller doors open all night/keep insects out.
• Fans in each bedroom (surprisingly the cool breezes keep it cool in summer)
• Comfy leather couches and coffee table around pot belly stove.
• Additional sofa offers a separate chill out space next to the pool table.
• Dining table for 8 - additional chairs and tables available
• Bar stools set around a beautiful natural wood kitchen island, in the middle of an enormous living space
• Pool table, Ping-pong table, flat screen TV with DVD player and small video library, TV connected to digital satellite channels, and stereo with aux/ipod cord
• Fully equipped kitchen - pots, pans, crockery and cutlery for 20 people.
• Basic Pantry items
• Gas cooker, fan forced oven
• large fridge/freezer
• Terracotta paved entrance deck with sun loungers
• Paved side courtyard with outdoor setting for 10,
• BBQ and gas.
• Wooden patio deck and Bamboo Tiki Bar
• Above ground pool surrounded by tropical trees - fully enclosed in safety fence.
• Fire pit for outside bonfires - some firewood provided
• Enormous fields with plenty of shady trees surrounding the Barn
• Plenty of room for a number of hammocks
• Covered carport accommodates 1 car
• Ample uncovered parking for cars and boats.
• Horse Round Yard with a stunning vine covered entrance.. great photo location!
Completely private rural setting, just cows and horses grazing in the paddocks next door and Manager’s home set away up the hill.
• Inside Bathroom: Main bathroom with shower/bath, separate toilet
• Outside Bathroom: 3 hot showers with views over the cow paddocks, 2 toilets
• Hills Hoist clothes-line,
• Iron and ironing board.
• Laundromat facilities in town
Provided for you:
• Linen/ quilts/ pillows for booked number of beds
• Kitchen crockery, cutlery, glasses etc for 20 guests, pots pans etc
• Coffee & Tea and basic pantry items
• Cleaning equipment
• Children’s toys and baby items available on request
Please BYO towels
Pets: Are welcome on prior arrangement.
The Barn is extremely horse friendly – fenced paddocks and round ring available
("Bello" our Maremma dog does live and roam on the property - so if you animals are not good with other animals it may be a challenge)
Smoking: No smoking inside the barn. Smoking outside only using the provided ashtrays.
"Get together" friendly - family weekends most welcome.
Unfortunately NO parties - no external sound systems - strict 10pm noise curfew
Available on request – our dossier providing some great ideas and contacts for activities including catering, your personal chef, yoga, art or dance workshops, Bubble Football, Beach horseriding and more…
Big Blue Barn - Pricing
2 night minimum stay
Prices advertised on STAYZ based on minimum group of 6 adults
Weekday: Minimum $480 per night (priced based on 6 adults - $80 per person per night)
Weekend: Minimum $600 per night (priced based on 6 adults - $100 per person per night)
$80 - $100 per additional guest per night
$40 per child per night
Weekday: Minimum $600 per night (priced based on 6 adults - $100 per person per night)
Weekend: Minimum $660 per night (priced based on 6 adults - $110 per person per night)
$100 - $110 per additional guest per night
$50 per child per night
Festivals - Blues and Roots, Splendor in the Grass, New Years Eve and other festival weekends - POA - Minimum Group numbers apply
Campers - Camping can be offered by prior arrangement (maximum group numbers apply)
$35 per person per night
Pets - $20 per night - on prior arrangement only
The Big Blue Barn also offers wonderful discounted rate packages for weekday retreats and conferences - full details available on request.
We hope to be able to welcome the Barn as a unique and personal venue to host your special event or small wedding in the future. We do first need to secure the correct approvals to host any such events.
Security Deposit : $800 paid as a deposit will hold your booking, this deposit then acts as your bond during your stay against any breakages, damages or additional cleaning. We refund the balance of your deposit to you via bank transfer following your check out (note $800 standard bond, bond charged based on size and nature of booking)
The total of your Accommodation Fee can then paid in full up to 2 weeks prior to your arrival, again via direct deposit to bank account. Entry to the property is permitted only when accommodation fee has been paid.
When final numbers are confirmed accommodation fee is charged per number of beds made up for you as per your to your requested bedroom configuration for these guests. There can be no refunds for members of your group who do not show up once the final numbers are confirmed.
Cleaning Policy – the Barn has a ‘leave it as you found it policy”.
We also do offer a cleaning service. Any cleaning required will be charged out of your security deposit at $40 per hour. There is a checklist for cleaning in your welcome pack when you arrive at the barn.
Damages: Any damages or breakages will be deducted from your bond. Any damages in excess of the bond amount will be billed.
Booking cancellation policy:
Cancellation of booking prior to 3 weeks of stay incurs a fee of 50% of deposit.
Cancellation of booking within 3 weeks of stay incurs a fee of 100% of deposit
Heart of the Byron Shire
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Apr 19 2017 - Aug 31 2017
2 night minimum stay
Sep 1 2017 - Sep 19 2017
1 night minimum stay