Welcome to Serra Halls Gap, a wonderful place to connect with the Grampians. For those looking for an authentic bushland stay in a quality house backing onto the national park. Highlights include;
1. Wonderful Location. Abundant wildlife at the property. The house backs directly onto the National Park (This includes walks 50 metres from the back of the property. For the energetic these tracks connect to the two most popular walks in central Halls Gap, Venus Baths and the below for more details). A lovely 500 meter stroll to the shops.
2. A quality home surrounded by national park. Fully Self Contained 3 bedroom accommodation. Luxury 1000 count sheets, woollen doonas, wood heater with ample fire wood.
When it is time to rest at night (or day!) we have easily the BEST multi room Foxtel in Halls Gap (lounge room and main bedroom) with additional packages (Sport, Entertainment, Showcase Movies, Kids, Box Sets).
Detailed information about walking and driving tours in and around Halls Gap is on the walls, a great way to plan your day. Luxury bath in main bedroom, fantastic outdoor entertainment area, a kitchen with abundant equipment (slow cooker, rice cooker, coffee plunger, dishwasher, quality crockery).
Normally there is very good mobile/Internet reception for Telstra and Optus. If you are bringing children read below for what we offer.
3. Price. Our prices are set to encourage people to return. No additional charges for those attending with children under 16 and our prices for school holidays and public holidays are kept at our weekend rates. ***Please note quoted price is for 2 adults and any children up to 16. Additional adults are $25 per person per night***.
We are happy to contact all enquiries via phone to discuss any questions you may have.
Scroll further down for information about bushwalks and pricing (both in bold).
IF YOU ARE BRINGING CHILDREN...
1.The area directly out from the deck running along the length of the house is gated and fenced providing a safe area for little ones to play while you enjoy your BBQ.
2. 1500 plus piece lego/Fisher Price Little People and assorted children toys and board games.
3. Xbox Kinect (bring your own games as games left in the house tend to get scratched and just create frustration).
4. The oval is a 1 minute walk away. The property has ample space to kick the footy/have a game of cricket. Perfect for bikes!
5.Porta cot and high chair supplied free of charge if required. Please advise when booking.
6. Kids Foxtel package in living area and main bedroom if you need a little down time.
Other information about the house:
*Reverse cycle air conditioner and heating as well as wood fired heating.
*Main bedroom is connected directly to bathroom.
*Stereo with iPod docking station. Speaker is wired to outside entertaining area.
*Kitchen: Electric Oven, dishwasher, tea, coffee, milo, and sugar supplied.
*Practical items such as slow cooker (put your meal in before you leave for the day and have it ready when you return) and rice cooker.
*Coffee plunger and tea pot supplied and quality glass wear, pots crockery.
*A cocktail maker and glasses supplied.
*Outdoor BBQ and large outdoor table and chairs.
*Outdoor fire pit to enjoy a camp fire. To be sensitive to the environment this is available ONLY OUTSIDE of the fire protection period.
*Second bedroom has a queen bed and third bedroom has two sets of bunks.
*Washing Machine and dryer.
Location. Bushwalks from your back door!
Bushwalks start 50 metres from back of property. For the energetic two of the most popular and spectacular walks in central Halls Gap, Venus Baths and the Pinnacle can be accessed from the back of the property. Four bushwalks include;
Walk One. Venus Baths (see 2nd last picture). Walk 50 meters to the back of the property turn left on to the track and walk towards the oval. Cross the road at the cricket ground club rooms and follow the track which soon enters the Halls Gap native garden and then on to the Venus baths track. This walk continues all the way to the Pinnacle for the energetic. The track to Venus Baths and on to the Pinnacle forms part of the Grampians Peak trail that is currently being constructed.
Walk Two. A short 1.2 km walk to Clematis Falls (best after rain see third last picture).
Walk Three. Bullaces Glenn. A 2.7km walk that ends at town or connects you to the popular Venus Baths (see 2nd last picture) and Pinnacle walking track.
Walk Four. Chatequa Peak. A 2.9 km walk with fantastic views of the Wonderland and Mount Difficult range as well as Halls Gap (check out the last picture for a view along the ridge top of this walk).
A great cooler weather walk from the back of the property is the Bullaces Glenn walk to Venus Baths and on to spliters falls. This walk keeps you mostly away from the exposed peaks and the section between Venus Baths and Splitters Falls follows a lovely rocky stream between the Wonderland and Mount Difficult Range. For those wanting to just walk the Venus Baths Splitters falls walk they can follow the directions to walk one.
Minimum two night stay rates are for two people. Children under 15 stay free. Addtional Adults 25 per person per night.
$165 per night Sunday night to Thursday night.
$360 Friday and Saturday ($180 a night)
Minimum booking periods apply for Easter (four days) and some public and school holiday periods (refer to booking calander).
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
MORE THAN 21 DAYS NOTICE PRIOR TO OCCUPATION =FULL REFUND IF ALTERNATIVE BOOKING FOUND
UP TO 7 DAYS - DEPOSIT RETAINED
LESS THAN 7 DAYS INCLUDING NO SHOW= FULL PAYMENT
Damages and cleaning policy
ALL DAMAGES TO THE PROPERTY MUST BE PAID FOR. ALL DISHES MUST BE CLEANED PRIOR TO DEPARTURE, IF YOU HAVE USED THE FIRE PIT, PLEASE CLEAN OUR ASH. THE BUCKET ANS SHOVEL ARE LOCATED ON THE DECK. A FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN AN ADDITIONAL CLEANING FEE. THIS FEE WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM THE BOND.
We will require your credit card details as a bond deposit.
NO PETS AND NO SMOKING INSIDE THE HOUSE.