About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
The Hobart Art House is a fully restored heritage listed home set in inner Hobart's idyllic historic street scape. Overlooking Hobart and the River Derwent it is a true home away from home with an arty edge. Walk everywhere. Private courtyard. Water views. Complimentary guest WiFi.
Please note we do charge for children.
- Fully restored historic home with modern comforts
- Two luxurious bedrooms. One stunning Queen, Two XL singles or King (please request)
- Overflow single bed in study
- Gas heating
- Modern kitchen, gas and elec. cooking
- Elegant dining room
- Separate lounge overlooking city
- Modern bathroom, huge walk in shower
- Portacot, highchair, linen, toys, books for kids
- Original fine art
- Private sandstone courtyard dining
- Fresh fruit, coffee, tea, pantry essentials
- Laundry, ironing, hairdryer, toiletries
- Selection of fresh Tasmanian produce, wine, whiskey upon arrival - additional cost - please enquire
- Marquis of Hastings Hotel and bottleshop - 2 mins
- Acclaimed Pigeon Hole Cafe - 3 mins
- IGA Supermarket - 3 mins
- Hobart's best Italian Paesano's Restaurant - 4 mins
- Luxury homewares - 4 mins
- Bruny Island Oyster Bar - 7 mins
- New Hill Street Grocer - 15 mins
- MONA, take the ferry from town or 15 mins drive
WITH THE KIDS:
- Amazing train park - 5 mins
- Great park over from Pigeon Hole Cafe - 3 mins
- Explore the Hobart Rivulet Linear Park - 10 mins
CLOSE TO HISTORY
- Cascade Female Factory Historic Site - 15 mins
- Cascade Brewery Est 1824 Tour - 20 mins
- Mawson's Huts Replica Museum - 15 mins
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery - 15 mins
- Hobart Penitentiary Chapel Historic Site - 20 mins
BACK TO NATURE:
- Knocklofty Nature Reserve - walk, ride
- Hobart Rivulet Linear Park
- Explore Mt Wellington
- River Derwent. Variety of boat and yacht tours
- Fabulous CBD restaurants are only a short walk, as are bars and numerous other cafes.
- Short walk to Salamanca's dining precinct, the Docks and Battery Point. (20 mins)
- North Hobart's restaurants, bars, cinemas, art galleries and bookshops (20 mins walk, 5 mins drive)
- From 2016 we will be offering plein aire landscaping day trips - please enquire
Please ask if you'd like some local advice on anything at all. We are here to help.
ABOUT THE HOBART ART HOUSE?
Built in 1853 by carpenter Mr George Reid, the brick cottage sits proudly overlooking the heart of old Hobart Town. Now heritage listed, the late Georgian/ Victorian brick cottage has been extensively restored and offers an authentic Tasmanian lifestyle set amoung the historic streets of Hobart.
In addition to accommodation tours can be arranged with your host (artist and gallery manager) to guide you to the best that Hobart's thriving arts community has to offer. Waste no time in getting to know the city - we can introduce you!
We can arrange a variety of activities including personalised guided tours of the soon to be re-opened Tasmanian Museum & Art Gallery, MONA (not open Tuesdays), local commercial galleries, artist run galleries and artist studios. We offer a range of art classes specialising in life drawing, oil and acrylic painting. If you would ike to get off the beaten track we can arrange plein aire excursions to many scenic destinations around Hobart.
Only 10 mins walk to the CBD and Salamanca precinct. 20 mins walk from vibrant North Hobart's strip of restaurants, the State Cinema & Bookshop, galleries, historic pubs and home to the Tasmanian Coffee Roasters. The Hobart Art House is the perfect base for a day trip to the top of Mount Wellington (1271m), beautiful bushwalks, mountain bike rides.
We are happy to host corporate or visiting guests for longer periods.
The home is available fully furnished with the added option of being serviced weekly to ensure total comfort during your stay. Please enquire for longer rates.
Hobart Art House
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 23, 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Great property & Wonderful views
We enjoyed our stay very much. Skye was a wonderful host, friendly and keen to make sure we had all we needed. The house was cosy, comfortable and spotless. Comfortable beds and crisp linen were much appreciated. The views from the verandah were beautiful. Loved the Italian restaurant around the corner and very convenient to other shops and pubs. Will definitely be back again to stay.
We enjoyed our stay at Hobart Art House and the host was very attentive. It was clean and comfortable and well located in the hills above the Hobart CBD with views out to the Derwent below.
Perfect week long stay in Hobart
Myself and three friends were in Hobart for the Festival of Voices. We stayed at Hobart Art House for 8 nights and were so happy with our choice.
The house itself is a stunning cottage that has been well furnished and beautifully decorated. The art work and objects adorning the house sit well alongside the beautiful green garden and courtyard which offers privacy, peace and quiet. Everything has been thought through. There were four of us but we never felt crowded, the house has a number of lovely spaces including a bright bay window perfect for a book. I was forced to work a bit while we were away but the view from the desk in the lounge room is a serene vista of Hobart suburbs and the water. Wifi was fast and efficient.
The house was clean when we arrived and all amenities were available and working. It was a mild winter week and though cold outside it was very easy to keep the house cosy and warm. Kitchen was well stocked, we had a number of large meals in but didn't want for anything in terms of utensils or kitchenware. The local supermarket was well stocked for last minute forgotten ingredients. We regularly strolled into and around town for hours on end and if we were too tired to walk back to the house, all cab drivers were happy to take us the short and cheap trip home from the city center.
Skye was a very helpful and accommodating host who helped us organise the trip around the festival and our commitments. Would gladly return here for another stint in Hobart, especially for a longer stay.
Wonderful family stay.
My husband, 8 year old son and I stayed 5 nights at this lovely cottage on a recent holiday to Hobart. Skye was a thoughtful host who communicated promptly every time. The cottage is tastefully decorated with a relaxed and calming feel. It was very well appointed with everything we needed to cook family meals and to make us feel at home. The beds were very comfortable and the shower was huge with good water pressure and hot water every time. The views of the city and harbour are lovely and it is just a few minutes by car to anywhere in the city. Our first trip to Hobart was even more special having stayed at HAH. We highly recommend HAH.
The perfect place from which to explore Hobart!
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hobart Art House. Beautiful views, incredibly clean and spacious for 4 people. Felt like our little home away from home. Highly recommend this place.
Beautiful and comfortable house
The Hobart Art House is a little gem of a house in lovely West Hobart, well fitted out with provisions and with comfortable furniture. We especially enjoyed the window seat for reading, and the big shower.