About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
Perfect for a family holiday, with one double bedroom and two single bedrooms.
Comfortable lounge with reverse cycle air conditioning and an open fireplace (wood supplied). Large fully equipped kitchen/eating area, and a family room/study which can also be used for dining. Spacious bathroom with separate toilet.
There is a paved area with BBQ at the rear of the house while the front porch provides a sheltered space to enjoy the late afternoon sun.
Beach House at Middleton provides something a little different - a genuine family beach cottage built by the current owner's father in 1945 and recently renovated to provide a high standard of comfort and amenity whilst retaining its original integrity.
Old fashioned delights to enjoy, especially if the weather is not 'beachy', include a wood fire, an eclectic selection of old books and mother's wonderful classical LP collection.
Parking for 2 vehicles. Minimum stay: 3 nights. Minimum 7 nights in January
Location, location. Beach House at Middleton is perfectly situated to enjoy the best of Albany.
The coastal strip between Middleton Beach and Emu Point offers many attractions easily accessed from the Beach House at Middleton, mostly within walking distance. You can:
* Walk to the beach in less than 5 minutes
* Walk around the corner to Bay Merchants cafe/deli/ and RATS wine bar
* Have a very good chance of seeing whales off the beach or from the Board Walk between July and October
* Play a round of golf at the highly ranked Albany Golf Club
* Play bowls at the Middleton Beach Bowling Club, just one street away
* Enjoy the Eyre Park playground and picnic area, next to the bowling club
* Walk and cycle on the scenic board walk connecting Emu Point, Middleton Beach and the town
* Launch your boat at Emu Point or the town foreshore
* Buy fresh oysters and mussels from the Oyster House at Emu Point
A base to explore Albany and surrounds .Jump in the car to enjoy, explore and experience:
* Easy access to the world class Albany Entertainment Centre (you can be home 10 minutes after the show!)
* Albany's early military and Anzac connections at the National Anzac Centre and The Forts (Mt Adelaide,) and the Desert Mounted Corp Memorial (Mt Clarence)
* Walking trails on the mountains and in the nearby national parks
* Fresh local produce from the Albany Farmers' Market (Saturdays) and the Boat Shed Markets (Sundays)
* Albany's maritime history and whaling heritage
* Great Southern wines - our rieslings are amongst the world's finest!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 05, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Perfect for a cosy winter retreat.
We stayed in this gorgeous little cottage right in the middles of winter. It was freezing outside (the kids even made a snowman out of hail!) but perfectly cosy inside. The location is excellent, there is fabulous cafe and wine bar just around the corner and the stunning Middleton beach is also just down the road. The town centre is only a few minutes away by car and there is an excellent walking/cycling path that runs all along Middleton Beach to Emu point (where you can stop in at the cafe for an amazing breakfast). The beds and pillows are comfortable and there are plenty of extra blankets if needed. The shower is hot and water pressure is good too. The lounge room with it's comfortable couches and open fireplace is the perfect place to relax with a book and glass of wine. If we return to Albany we will definitely stay here again!
Relaxing week at the beach
Our family enjoyed a wonderful week exploring Albany and the region while staying at this lovely, well appointed home. We found everything we needed to sleep comfortably, prepare meals, and for the kids to spread out and play. And the beach is less than a 5 minute walk. Perfect!
We had a very comfortable stay just before Christmas. Very clean, lovely old fashioned family cottage. Highly recommended.
Thanks Marie- so glad you enjoyed the Beach House and thank you for leaving it so neat and clean. I hope you'll be able to visit again
Comfortable cottage in a great location. Close to beautiful Ellen Cove and a choice of cafes and restaurants.
Thanks Julie. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll visit Albany again. Lucky for you that you're not here now - it's very wet!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this lovely historic house. Listening to the sounds of the waves at night made our stay memorable. Lots of scenic walks and the beach just one block away. Albany turned on a week of sunshine for us too.
A welcoming and warm place to stay
We had an excellent time in Albany. The weather was great and the "beach house" made for a very comfortable stay in a fantastic loction. We enjoyed the art work and the photographs. All the amenities worked well, and the house was very clean. If available we would like to stay again, although next time it would have to be longer. Nice neighbours also.