About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 2 nights
Exquisite Country House Accommodation and Breakfast......... a place to dream.....relax and unwind in style and comfort.....Yes, you get the whole house and generous breakfast provisions whether you are one guest or more...
Escape to the High Country .....the cottage is surrounded by lovely gardens...... so very private....enjoy peace and quiet.... the Folly is one of the few accommodation providers that is NOT on the New England Highway................................so there is NO Highway noise. ...............
*** HIGH COUNTRY TENTERFIELD..........Think......Boutique shops....quaint Cafes....Wineries...fabulous National Parks...... Heritage buildings.....Avenues of trees.....lovely parks and gardens..... you will love it!
The cottage is EXCLUSIVELY yours to enjoy.. Generous breakfast goodies, flowers, chocolates, Port and a complimentary bottle of wine all included in tariff.
* Gorgeous 1908 lovingly renovated Cottage with......heart.... character......personality
* Original features of French doors, timber lining boards, pressed metal ceilings, fireplace
* Wrap around veranda
* Lovely decor...eclectic mix of vintage, antique and rustic ......with contemporary comforts
* 3 Bedrooms- 2 Queen beds, 1 King Single and 1 Single. Sleeps 6
* 2 Bathrooms- 1 En suite
* Organic toiletries
* Full Kitchen with all cooking equipment, including slow cooker, electric wok , recipe books etc.
* Large Lounge / Dining area
* Flat screen TV/DVD and Ipod dock
* Wood fire, RC /AC, Nobo Panel heaters in bedrooms
* Fully equipped Laundry
* Quality linen and towels
* Electric blankets
* Books, Magazines, DVDs and Games
* Quiet location in large peaceful cold climate garden
* Tennis Court ( Racquets and balls supplied)
* Picnic basket and blanket available
* Off street parking
* Al fresco outdoor area , BBQ and outdoor setting
* Breakfast provisions: cereals, gourmet porridge, juice,yoghurt, fruit, bread, eggs, bacon, jams
* Gourmet teas, ground coffee, milk, pancake mix and maple syrup
* Pantry basics....SR Flour, Pl Flour, Oil, Vinegar, stock cubes, herbs, Drinking Chocolate
* Espresso Coffee machine, selection of pods
* Freshly baked goodies for afternoon tea on arrival
* Fresh flowers, Port, Chocolates and Biscuits
* Winter ...wood supplied and fire lit for your arrival
* The Folly is a Non -smoking house
* NO HIGHWAY TRAFFIC NOISE
* Sorry, no pets.
****** The Folly is best suited to those seeking a romantic couples getaway, perfect for a girls weekend escape , or groups of friends wanting to soak up the quirky beauty of the Folly and explore the High Country........
******The Folly is not small child friendly due to all the decorator items that are not for little fingers. ******Children 12 years and over very welcome.********
** The Folly has been featured on the Channel 7 SYDNEY WEEKENDER program with Mike Whitney and in the HIGH LIFE DOWNS COUNTRY LIVING magazine.
*********Check out our Facebook page "Tenterfield- Heritage with Style".************
RECENT 2018 REVIEWS:
"It was a pleasure to stay at Annie's Folly. From the stunning landscaped gardens to the warmth and comfort of the beautiful home. Everywhere we sat we were assured of experiencing a picturesque view. The amenities were fabulous. Our couple of days were so private and relaxing. Annie and Peter's attention to detail was most appreciated. They had thought of everything! Thank You !" ................Debra and Carole...
"Annie and Peter, Thank you so much for opening the Folly for me. This is my second stay and I am sure there will be a third and fourth! I love the tranquility you have both created. The Folly has absolutely everything you could possibly need. The gardens are beautiful. You have put so much love and time into the Folly. Thank you so much for all your help. Amazing people. God Bless." ..............Tanya.......Brisbane
" Thank you Annie and Peter. We loved staying here in your beautiful house and surrounded by such lovely gardens. So peaceful. Two days is just not long enough. What you have achieved is a credit to you both. Hope to be back."................Kerrie and Terry......Brisbane
"Lovely house! Everything you can think of is here, supplied. Just like home. Hope to come back in Winter and experience the cold weather".............Jackie and Gary........Beaudesert
Peter and Annie. "Thank you for allowing us to stay in your beautiful Folly. We have had the best Christmas week and will be recommending the Folly to everyone. Attention to detail was amazing in the grounds and the house"......................Dave and Christine..... Darwin
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR GUESTS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO KEEP COMING BACK ! !
Fall in love with the beautiful New England High Country ..............
TENTERFIELD and BEYOND
* Ruben & Flax Homewares - beautiful French Provincial style decor.....fabulous shop
* White Cottage .....gorgeous cold climate garden, plants, antiques and vintage finds....
* the Bald Rock climb .... a "must do" experience......on a clear day you can see forever..................
* Margot Rees Antiques and Interiors...antique /imported jewellery /goods and home decor
* the Corner Life and Style..... Fabulous fashion, home decor and Cafe
* The Tenterfield Garden shop.....pots, plants and vintage finds....
* The Unicorns' Horn Emporium....... Antiques Vintage and retro furniture...
* Elizabeth's Bank.........Vintage treasures and more in old Bank building CBD Tenterfield.
* Washpool Farm Soaperie.....be intoxicated with the perfumes..
* Sir Henry Parkes Museum complex
* Tenterfield Railway Museum
* Bald Rock National Park... and the monolithic BALD ROCK
* The famous Tenterfield Saddler
* Kurrajong Downs cellar door
* Artists Collective Gallery
* Centenary Cottage
* National Parks.....Bald Rock, Boonoo Boonoo, Basket Swamp and Girraween
* Ballandean Wineries....too many to list..20 + just a hop, skip and a jump from Tenterfield
* Washpool Farm Skin Wellness... Ballandean
* The Corner Life and Style Cafe
* Our Place Wine and Espresso Bar... Open until late
* Commercial Boutique Hotel ( Wine bar, Cafe & Restaurant for Lunch & Dinner)
* The Bohemian Tea Room ( Quirky atmosphere - Open Thur- Sun)
* The Tenterfield Tavern
* Viet- Thai
* Spice and Cream Patisserie ( Open Friday- Monday )
* Tenterfield Gourmet Pizza
We live next door and can be reached day or night...just wander through the garden to our house.
........Restore the senses in a little slice of High Country heaven we enjoy sharing with others......
We look forward to meeting you soon....................
Annie and Pete (the gardener)
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 23, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:30 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We especially enjoyed the freshly baked brownies and warm fire upon arrival. All luxuries were included in this impeccably presented property. We will be returning again soon and highly recommend it. Best property we've stayed in yet.
Congratulations to Annie and Peter it was the best accomodation that we have ever stayed in .
Thank you so much Jan. We hope to see you all again soon.
Beautifully presented cottage.... Very generously stocked with many & varied breakfast goodies!!
Annie's Folly was the most beautiful, restful B & B I have ever stayed in. Everything one required was provided and more.
A beautiful B&B
Thank you Annie and Pedro for your hospitality and the delicious home-baked goodies on arrival. Everything was clean and lovely with some thoughtful homely touches. The bottle of wine was very good. Beautiful location & cosy cottage.
What a beautiful house!! Annie's Folly had everything you could possibly want in a B & B. We rented the whole house with 3 couples and everyone was very impressed with the standard of quality while still keeping that cottage feel, right down to the squeaky floor boards. The kitchen is well stocked with all appliances and equipment needed.
We will stay here again.