About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
Beach Creek Cottage is the ideal get away for families, friends and couples, seeking something quiet and secluded, but with plenty of options for things to do.
This is our holiday home which we rent out year round. We hope you will enjoy this special piece of paradise.
PLEASE NOTE: No booking enquiries from prospective tenants under the age of 21. We are aimed at families and groups of friends. Not parties. Unfortunately we have had a bad experience with a young group and as a result need to implement this policy going forward.
Included at our property are 90+ Foxtel Channels and Free WiFi internet. No matter the weather, there's plenty of entertainment on site. We also have DVD's and Videos in the kids room.
See our 'Things to do using Beach Creek Cottage as your base!' section below for some ideas of what to do in and around Seaspray.
A short 2 and 3/4 drive from the Melbourne CBD, or 2 hours from the South Eastern Suburbs, Beach Creek Cottage is ideally suited to 1-2 families. Seaspray is 20 minutes from Sale. We provide:
- 3 Bedrooms, with 8 beds accomodating up to 10 people (maximum 10 adults). Master has a queen bed, Second Bedroom has a double bed and bunk bed and the Third bedroom has two bunk beds.
- Please bring your own bedding, linen and towels. We do this to keep the costs down for everyone.
- Full Bathroom and a separate toilet with vanity.
- Kitchen fully stocked with cookware, crockery and a dishwasher
- HUGE Playground exclusive for your use!
- Airconditioning and Heating in the loungeroom
- Foxtel (90 Channels including Movies, Kids and Fox Footy Channels)
- Free WiFi Internet
- Boardgames, Books and Videos.
Things to do using Beach Creek Cottage as your base!
Beach Creek Cottage sits in the heart of Seaspray, a small township nestled between the 90 Mile Beach and Merriman's Creek in Gippsland. Some of the things you can do using Beach Creek Cottage as your base:
- Swimming, surfing and surf fishing along the 90 Mile Beach. The Seaspray Surf Lifesaving Club patrol the beach during the busy seasons. The beach is 500m from the house. Some people use the boat ramp in Merrimans Creek to take their jetskis out to the beach (when the creek mouth is open).
- Merrimans Creek offers a safe swimming alternative for the youngsters, with calm water and a sandy beachfront. It also offers plenty of fishing options with a boat ramp for tinnies, a fishing platform and plenty of great fishing spots on 'The Island'. It also offers plenty of photo opportunities for budding nature photographers. The creek is 500m from the house.
- Picnic & BBQ areas are aplenty. Both along the beach and around the township. There are plenty of options.
- Seaspray have a number of playgrounds around the town.
- Tennis and Basketball Courts. They're located 250m over the road from the house, offering 4 courts.
- Licensed General Store, Post Office with Fish and Chips and other takeaway food. The General Store is right near the surf life saving club, 900m from the house.
- Ronnies Tea Rooms. These delightful Tea Rooms, situated on the site of what is believed to be the very first Seaspray home built in 1916, are the ideal place to enjoy a Devonshire Tea while reading the newspapers of yesterday! Ronnie will be thrilled to tell the history, or show you some memorabilia that makes these very modern, but homely tea rooms, a must for a peaceful and relaxed get together with friends. The Tea Rooms are open for Morning and Afternoon Tea most days, and are 950m from the house.
- The Surf Life Saving Club. Seaspray is thrilled about the opening of the BRAND NEW surf lifesaving club in December 2015. During busy times the Surf Life Saving club have a bar and bistro from which to serve meals. The club rooms overlook the 90 Mile Beach and the food is well recommended. The club is 950m from the house.
- Go for a bike ride along Shoreline Drive. An interesting ride between Seaspray and Golden Beach is 27km long. You can stop for a coffee at the local cafe and then head back.
- Go for a walk! With so much to see all around Seaspray, take a walk and see it all!
- Play golf or lawn bowls at the Sale Golf and Bowls Club. The club is a simple 20 minute drive from the house, and offers a great course, a bar and meals. The Sale Golf Club was formed in 1900, and is recognised as one of the top 10 courses in country Victoria. More information online at their website.
- Visit Sale, which is a simple 20 minute drive from Seaspray. Sale is the major city in the region, and offers all the ammenities you would expect from a major town - shopping, restaurants, cinema, etc.
How to Get There and Beach Creek Cottage Rates
How to get to Beach Creek Cottage?
Beach Creek Cottage is a 2 hour 45 minute drive from the centre of Melbourne. It takes 2 hours door to door from the South Eastern Suburbs.
Take the Princes Highway from Melbourne all of the way through to Rosedale. In Rosedale you will come to a roundabout, turn right at the roundabout, and then take the first left after the Rosedale Pub towards Seaspray (Large Tourist Sign).
Follow this road surrounded by farmland and pine trees, past the Sale Golf Club in Longford, and turn right at the T Intersection at the end of this road. The second left is Seaspray Road, which is signed for Seaspray and will take you direct through to the township of Seaspray.
As you come through the large flat pine trees in Seaspray, and can view the ocean, take the second Davies Street entrance on your right, which you will see as you first view the parkland and tennis & basketball courts on your left. Beach Creek Cottage is the second house on the right, opposite farmland.
There is plenty of spots along the way for food, drink and petrol, but it is a simple direct drive from Melbourne.
Rates allow up to 10 people to stay at Beach Creek Cottage (maximum 10 adults).
You will need to provide your own bedding/linen. We do this to keep the costs down for everyone.
Additional fold out chairs are recommended for outside seating and down at the beach or creek.
As is standard with Stayz, we require a 25% deposit within 48 hours of you making your booking, and the balance 28 days prior to your stay.
A refundable security bond of $250 is payable prior to your stay with us at Beach Creek Cottage, Seaspray. Details on this can be found in our Terms & Conditions document, which is sent out upon your enquiry.
We hope to have you stay with us sometime soon! We love Beach Creek Cottage, Seaspray and the 90 Mile beach, and hope you will too!
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
A fantastic getaway!
Will defaintly be coming again. Comfortable, relaxed stay and great that we could bring our dogs along to complete our family holiday
Thanks so much for taking the time to review Beach Creek Cottage. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.
there was no attempt to manage the fly plague
no fly curtain on the doors
no fly spray provided (the supermarket is half day journey)
no tea towells provided ( i used my own shirt to mop up spills)
a little effort and consideration would have made our stay much more comfortable
on the subject of cleanliness
i did not dare to use bbq as had obviously not been cleaned for a long time
the house was generally grubby
the provision of no real equipment to clean for example the smallest possible broom for a large polished floor is thoughtless
lack of any tea towell or fly spray was ,,stingy. and application of an extra charge fits the stingy personality of this landlord
my sister stayed in the same town and was cared for well
this was the last house available when i rented and i know why
avoid this one if you can
James, we are very sorry to hear this feedback. Unfortunately there is a statewide fly problem at the moment. Whilst we do not supply fly spray as standard we will consider this during extreme conditions. To clarify, supermarkets in Sale are a 20 minute drive, not half a day. In regards to supplies, our home is a holiday rental not a serviced apartment. Guests are provided with a very clear outline of what is supplied and what they need to bring. We find that people are happy to provide their own linen as it keeps costs down. We provide all cleaning supplies including cloths and detergents. We are sorry to hear that the BBQ was not up to scratch and would have been more than happy to send a cleaner to rectify had we been made aware. These guests were charged an extra cleaning fee as the house was left filthy, including dirty dishes all over the kitchen, rubbish outside and furniture moved around. We were also contacted by neighbours during their stay as they had many more than the booked 6 guests staying at the property, which we chose to overlook. Our holiday accomodation is aimed at families and priced to be accessible to more people. Overall, we have received great feedback. These guests disturbed neighbours during their stay, underbooked the number of guests and left a considerable mess behind. We do not believe that their review is a fair reflection of our property and are disappointed that this is the first we are hearing of any issues.
A bit of a crumby place. Not exactly what it is made out to be.
A few things broken- toilet lock, front door lock although they fixed it when we called them, no free to air TV although does have Foxtel and the main negative was the cleanliness. Not clean.
Outdoor bathroom light broken so can't use at night.
I felt that it was a bit pricey for what you are getting.
Lea, we are sorry to hear this feedback. Unfortunately the front door lock was damaged, but we sent a repairman within the hour when notified. Unfortunately these things happen and we have a repairman on call for such times. We have recently changed to a new cleaner and are disappointed to hear that cleanliness was not up to your expectations. Had we been made aware during your stay we would have been happy to send someone to rectify. We are monitoring this. We are shocked that you feel the pricing is too high. We accomodate large groups (including 8 in your case) for $200 a night during peak season. We do have costs to cover. We have generally receive great feedback, including a few weeks ago as seen below. We feel that this review unfairly represents our accomodation.
Enjoyable family holiday,lots of room and within walking distance to beach.House was stocked with everything that was needed.Only negatives were a couple of areas of house were outdated.We would certainly book Beach Creek Cottage again.
Thanks so much Jules for taking the time to review Beach Creek Cottage. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.
Great for a family
Seaspray is such a fantastic little town. We visited in winter and our family spent the whole weekend riding our bikes, jumping around in the sand dunes and making the most of the games and toys provided in the house.
For the pricing on this house, we didn't expect perfection and were pleasantly surprised by what we found. The main bedroom is spacious and bed was comfortable. The open plan of the living space is fantastic and couches (different setup than in photos) were very comfortable.
We will ba back.
Thank you for your review Madeline. We think you have summed up Seaspray perfectly! You are correct about th couches, we updated our lounge furniture in December and need to update the photos. We look forward to hearing from you again
Over priced for what was offered
The online photos of the house look better than the reality. Quite tired outward appearance, grass could do with mowing, trees need pruning in rear garden blocking sections of the hills hoist clothesline from rotating fully. Shabby gate out front. In need of a new paint inside and out. New fixtures such as the bathroom suite have been installed in old areas of the house. The bathroom and toilet are in the "lean to" rear section of the house which has very low ceilings, and we are not a tall family! The oven and bbq were both dirty so we didn't use them.
Disappointing to find out from the owners the day prior to our arrival that the internet was not functioning, as this was among reasons for choosing the property.
On the upside, the bedrooms and living area were a good size and the tv has Foxtel. There were some games and books provided which was handy with young children. There is a nice new, big washing machine in the rear porch area which was handy. The house is well located and walking distance to the beach and new surf life saving club. The club serves delicious meals with stunning balcony/deck views of the ocean.
Hi Harry, I'm sorry to hear that there were some aspects of the house that weren't as you expected. In regards to the cleaning I regret that the BBQ and oven were not ready for you to use, I wish I had have known during your stay so I could send someone to rectify this for you. We installed a new BBQ in January and regularly monitor the fixtures in the house. Unfortunately Telstra are having ongoing issues with reception in Seaspray hence the Internet troubles. We have removed Internet from our ads some time ago to reflect this. We believe we offer good family accomodation for an average of 2 families in a rural location for a quiet getaway. We compare our prices regulary and are in line with our other local providers. In fact our prices have not changed in the 5 years we have managed the property! We are often told that we are a very affordable getaway for groups. We are glad you enjoyed the facilities listed.