Beach Creek Cottage is the ideal get away for families, friends and couples, seeking something quiet and secluded, but with plenty of options for things to do.
This is our holiday home which we rent out year round. We hope you will enjoy this special piece of paradise.
PLEASE NOTE: No booking enquiries from prospective tenants under the age of 21. We are aimed at families and groups of friends. Not parties. Unfortunately we have had a bad experience with a young group and as a result need to implement this policy going forward.
Included at our property are 90+ Foxtel Channels and Free WiFi internet. No matter the weather, there's plenty of entertainment on site. We also have DVD's and Videos in the kids room.
See our 'Things to do using Beach Creek Cottage as your base!' section below for some ideas of what to do in and around Seaspray.
A short 2 and 3/4 drive from the Melbourne CBD, or 2 hours from the South Eastern Suburbs, Beach Creek Cottage is ideally suited to 1-2 families. Seaspray is 20 minutes from Sale. We provide:
- 3 Bedrooms, with 8 beds accomodating up to 10 people (maximum 10 adults). Master has a queen bed, Second Bedroom has a double bed and bunk bed and the Third bedroom has two bunk beds.
- Please bring your own bedding, linen and towels. We do this to keep the costs down for everyone.
- Full Bathroom and a separate toilet with vanity.
- Kitchen fully stocked with cookware, crockery and a dishwasher
- HUGE Playground exclusive for your use!
- Airconditioning and Heating in the loungeroom
- Foxtel (90 Channels including Movies, Kids and Fox Footy Channels)
- Free WiFi Internet
- Boardgames, Books and Videos.
Things to do using Beach Creek Cottage as your base!
Beach Creek Cottage sits in the heart of Seaspray, a small township nestled between the 90 Mile Beach and Merriman's Creek in Gippsland. Some of the things you can do using Beach Creek Cottage as your base:
- Swimming, surfing and surf fishing along the 90 Mile Beach. The Seaspray Surf Lifesaving Club patrol the beach during the busy seasons. The beach is 500m from the house. Some people use the boat ramp in Merrimans Creek to take their jetskis out to the beach (when the creek mouth is open).
- Merrimans Creek offers a safe swimming alternative for the youngsters, with calm water and a sandy beachfront. It also offers plenty of fishing options with a boat ramp for tinnies, a fishing platform and plenty of great fishing spots on 'The Island'. It also offers plenty of photo opportunities for budding nature photographers. The creek is 500m from the house.
- Picnic & BBQ areas are aplenty. Both along the beach and around the township. There are plenty of options.
- Seaspray have a number of playgrounds around the town.
- Tennis and Basketball Courts. They're located 250m over the road from the house, offering 4 courts.
- Licensed General Store, Post Office with Fish and Chips and other takeaway food. The General Store is right near the surf life saving club, 900m from the house.
- Ronnies Tea Rooms. These delightful Tea Rooms, situated on the site of what is believed to be the very first Seaspray home built in 1916, are the ideal place to enjoy a Devonshire Tea while reading the newspapers of yesterday! Ronnie will be thrilled to tell the history, or show you some memorabilia that makes these very modern, but homely tea rooms, a must for a peaceful and relaxed get together with friends. The Tea Rooms are open for Morning and Afternoon Tea most days, and are 950m from the house.
- The Surf Life Saving Club. Seaspray is thrilled about the opening of the BRAND NEW surf lifesaving club in December 2015. During busy times the Surf Life Saving club have a bar and bistro from which to serve meals. The club rooms overlook the 90 Mile Beach and the food is well recommended. The club is 950m from the house.
- Go for a bike ride along Shoreline Drive. An interesting ride between Seaspray and Golden Beach is 27km long. You can stop for a coffee at the local cafe and then head back.
- Go for a walk! With so much to see all around Seaspray, take a walk and see it all!
- Play golf or lawn bowls at the Sale Golf and Bowls Club. The club is a simple 20 minute drive from the house, and offers a great course, a bar and meals. The Sale Golf Club was formed in 1900, and is recognised as one of the top 10 courses in country Victoria. More information online at their website.
- Visit Sale, which is a simple 20 minute drive from Seaspray. Sale is the major city in the region, and offers all the ammenities you would expect from a major town - shopping, restaurants, cinema, etc.
How to Get There and Beach Creek Cottage Rates
How to get to Beach Creek Cottage?
Beach Creek Cottage is a 2 hour 45 minute drive from the centre of Melbourne. It takes 2 hours door to door from the South Eastern Suburbs.
Take the Princes Highway from Melbourne all of the way through to Rosedale. In Rosedale you will come to a roundabout, turn right at the roundabout, and then take the first left after the Rosedale Pub towards Seaspray (Large Tourist Sign).
Follow this road surrounded by farmland and pine trees, past the Sale Golf Club in Longford, and turn right at the T Intersection at the end of this road. The second left is Seaspray Road, which is signed for Seaspray and will take you direct through to the township of Seaspray.
As you come through the large flat pine trees in Seaspray, and can view the ocean, take the second Davies Street entrance on your right, which you will see as you first view the parkland and tennis & basketball courts on your left. Beach Creek Cottage is the second house on the right, opposite farmland.
There is plenty of spots along the way for food, drink and petrol, but it is a simple direct drive from Melbourne.
Rates allow up to 10 people to stay at Beach Creek Cottage (maximum 10 adults).
You will need to provide your own bedding/linen. We do this to keep the costs down for everyone.
Additional fold out chairs are recommended for outside seating and down at the beach or creek.
As is standard with Stayz, we require a 25% deposit within 48 hours of you making your booking, and the balance 28 days prior to your stay.
A refundable security bond of $250 is payable prior to your stay with us at Beach Creek Cottage, Seaspray. Details on this can be found in our Terms & Conditions document, which is sent out upon your enquiry.
We hope to have you stay with us sometime soon! We love Beach Creek Cottage, Seaspray and the 90 Mile beach, and hope you will too!