2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, dining, family, and living rooms, office, sleeps 6
- english, french, spanish, russian, Japanese, Russian, French, German
About James Mitchell
We are a happy couple working hard to share a wonderful yacht experience with our guests! :)
James Mitchell purchased this Yacht in 2007
Why James Mitchell chose Marina del Rey
Spacious beautiful well managed yacht is an experience you will remember for life!
What makes this Yacht unique
Fantastic views of water, unique experience, great shared space for families to have dinner together, watch movies, discuss the trip and just come together into one area to socialize, unlike renting multiple hotel rooms.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
A fantastic experience
We loved staying here! The boat is beautiful, the owner(s) extremely friendly and helpful, the location stunning and we could certainly get used to the yachting life. We were looking forward to it anyway, but it far exceeded our expectations. Would heartily recommend.
Had 2 young teens with us. They had a ball. The white board was a great hit.
Amazing boat vacation
My kids and I stayed on this great spacious yacht. It was relaxing to spend some time away from the city noise on the water. Boat was in a very presentable and clean shape when we arrived. When I had a few questions about how to use a couple of things around the boat, the owner was very responsive. It was very helpful to have a full kitchen to either heat up or cook our own meals and have a great spacious area and a table for a whole family meal together, something you can't get in a small hotel room. It was a very unique and memorable experience. I'll keep this boat in mind for a repeat visit another time!
Thank you for your stay with your family! You were wonderful guests and we hope to host you again!
Dingy Dinghy: The owner totally misrepresented the property:no room on review to tell all
I have used VRBO several times and have had extraordinarily good luck in finding super accommodations.
I was fooled by the good ratings of this listing and the description of the amenities. We discovered that the amenities did not work and the boat was in disrepair. The owner did tell me to say we were friends of his as the other boat owners did not like his previous renters who apparently got drunk and caused problems. I am wonder if his friends did not do the glowing reviews.
1. The owner described the rental as a yacht. It really is an old boat without many amenities with many things not working.
2. The owner listed wi-fi as an amenity. When we got there we called him and he said the wi-fi did not work that well. I could not get it to work the entire time I as there.
3. The owner told us we would have a place to park. When we got to the property he said on this holiday weekend it might fill up and we would have to park at a public parking area 5 blocks away as it was not safe to park on the streets. He suggested using uber and leave our car if we left at night. Luckily we were able to park.
4. The owner listed tv as an amenity. When we got there the owner said the TV in the living room and bedroom do not work. He said they worked only to play dvds but we could not even turn them on so how would be play dvds?. There was one tv in the upper deck that did work as a tv but it would not play dvds.
5. The lock on one of side entrance doors to the boat was broken. So, anyone could just get in the boat just by opening the door. We told the owner and he knew about this. He said maintenance men had to break it open to get into the boat and it was never repaired but he assured us that we were safe. Why didn’t he repair it if he knew about it?
6. The place has very few towels, no wash cloths, no towels in the kitchen to dry dishes.
7. The place was cold at night and there was only one small space heater that we had to carry to different rooms when we needed it. When I put the space heater in the bathroom the electric outlet always came out and I had to replace it whenever I took out the space heater from the plug. There was one sparse comforter on the bed and I had to wear a jacket in the bed to keep warm. There was also no top sheet just the comforter on top.
8. There are few dim light fixtures and a major one just did not work altogether. The fixtures are so dim that it is hard to find a place to read. On one of the light fixture
We've been with HomeAway since 2011, with dozens of paid verified guests reviews. While staying on a yacht is not for everyone, and you may be among these, your feedback is unfair at best.
What questions you brought up when you called, I answered, and helped. You didn't call with any other questions or concerns until after your stay, demanding full refund after a full stay. I responded to each and every flawed concerned you used to simply extort money from me post-stay, and Homeaway ruled that there is no compensation to you as a guest because your complaints were untrue.
I'm sorry your stay didn't meet whatever expectations you may have had.
A very unique experience
Boat is really nice and the weather was terrific. The interior is a tad dated but it's in good condition and it was comfortable. There are also two rooms that look to be in the pictures but those were locked up. Internet was also a little slow. There are nicer showers at the marina that we used so those came in handy.
Other than that, the boat was terrific and I thought it was nice that they have someone to meet you there and guide you through parking and operating the boat itself.
Pictures very deceiving... old worn out boat not a yacht
We left without staying. The boat smelled horrible stains on carpets everywhere. The porta poty was in a wooden box. Was asked to use the public bathroom very old and small inside blinds would not come down. More than half the light fixtures did not work. No way to secure the boat from the inside. The bedroom looked nothing like the pictures. Could not get the tv to work. The way the boat is tied off the bed was tilted severely downhill. We tried to tuff it out but the smell made us sick. Smelled of old and dirty mixed with a fume smell. There is absolutely not a view completely surrounded by high rise buildings Do NOT recommend renting this property
Hello. What you call a wooden box is an expensive mahogany enclosure for a standard marine grade toilet. This is just one of many examples of untrue complaints about your stay. Please, check the photos and listings before booking in the future. It's unfair to hosts.