About the property
- House861 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
Open living, huge elevated deck, private lake and native 10 hectare forest
The drive from Melbourne is 1 hour, 40 minutes. Pick up supplies on your way through Leongatha with its new super size IGA supermarket open until 10pm, its just 10 minutes drive from the house.
The location, just outside Koonwarra, is secluded with no other houses visible or close by. It's the 2nd last property on a quiet dead-end country lane yet Wilson's Promontory, Inverloch, golf courses, wineries and cafes are all a short drive away.
There is 10ha of forest and bushland to explore. There are tracks but these are not all cleared. You will need to bring good hiking shoes and watch out for wombat burrows
The house is double glazed and super energy efficient. It features all new whitegoods, beds, couches and kitchen ware. The living area catches all the winter sun but will be totally shaded by 4pm in the peak of summer.
- Large open living area. Dining table for 8.
- 1 x upstairs queen bed bedroom with ensuite
- 1 x double bed adults guest room
- 2 x Double bunk bedroom for friends and children
- 1x study for some privacy
- Modern kitchen with Fridge, Bosch Electric Oven/Stove, Dishwasher, cutlery, crockery, toaster, sandwichmaker etc
- Pantry with free to use items such as olive oil, tee, coffees, spices etc
- 2x bathrooms
- Deck has BBQ and 2 new modern sun beds
- New high efficiency ceiling fans
- In keeping with the eco-friendly nature of this accommodation a state-of-the-art worm farm waste system is installed. This allows you to compost all kitchen waste and paper goods (excluding newspapers) reducing rubbish and landfill.
Google "montys koonwarra lakehouse" for some more pics and info
- - - Emails from guests, bookings not from stayz - - -
2012: "The Koonwarra Lake House was a perfect place to have an Autumn retreat. There was so much we liked about it that I'm going to find it difficult to summarise, but I'll have a go. We loved...
- The stunning view of our own personal lake from the living area, balcony and master bedroom.
- The log fire, copious amounts of firewood under the house, and double-glazing throughout which meant that the house was toasty even on cold days.
- The kids loved splashing around in the lake and wildlife spotting, e.g. the wallabies that came out in the evening.
- The remote location which meant that it was peaceful and quiet. But we were still close enough to Wilsons Prom, Inverloch beaches and the local stores of Koonwarra.
- The quality of the fixtures and fittings and the amenities, e.g. flatscreen TV, DVD player, a big collection of DVDs, iphone dock, toasted sandwich maker, washing machine, dryer etc etc. Everything was brand new.
- Being dog friendly and surrounded by a fence so we didn't have to worry about losing him.
Highly recommended!" Cheers Dave O'Reardon
- - -
2011: G'day Steve, Thanks so much for the house. My partner and I loved it, and our son enjoyed having his meals on the deck in the sun. The weather was perfect, saw a cloud just once. The deck was a great place to kick back with a beer and read the papers or a book. Spotted a few wallabies, foxes, Roos and a wombat. Our dog was intrigued by all of them, and scared too. Thanks again, and our friends who popped in have mentioned we should look at booking for next Easter.
We only had 1 problem, no microwave. Just took heating the baby's food a little longer. Have you any plans for stairs up to the deck. This way, our dog wouldn't have had to come inside at anytime. All in all, it was the most relaxing break I had, no phones, Internet and just sounds of birds and frogs. Shall let you know how we go with the Easter break. Regards, Grant B
- - -
2010: Hi Steven - I sent you a quick text, but in case you did not get it, we had a great time. Took a while and then chance to work out how the windows opened. It was necessary as its been warm up there ... Swimming in the lake was fantastic for all, and we loved the Rail Trail. I suspect its on the agenda, but the only issue we would have had was lack of shade on the deck. Its a wonderful property and if you would like we can post such comments on the web. Regards Giselle
- - -
2011: Hi Steve, We had a lovely time, the house is in a great situation with plenty of space - loved the lake, bird and animal life ...
Thank- you and hopefully we will be back.
Kind Regards, Karen & a happy, relaxed family.
- - - - Note from guests - - - -
2010: Dear S&J, Thanks so much for allowing us to stay at this wonderful place. We loved every minute ... once again thanks and if you ever decide to sell let us know. I & J.
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 14, 2018
About Steven McDonald
Steve McDonald and Jacklyn Currie. Melbourne and NewYork based. This is our future getaway to the country house but for now we have to work so others can rent and enjoy. - Please don't ask for stays of less than 4 days during school and public holiday times, this house is not intended for overnight or short stay accommodation - The rate is for 2 people, there are extra costs for additional guests - We do reserve the right to turn down non family stays in peak periods Happy to provide a good discount for stays outside peak and holiday periods, ask in the inquirer comments
Steven McDonald purchased this House in 2010
Why Steven McDonald chose Leongatha South
Forget the crowded and expensive summer coastal towns. All the best beaches on the Gippsland coast require a drive and this location is an ideal & relaxing holiday base camp Things to do - Explore the 15ha property with 10ha of forest and bushland - Laze on the deck - Swim in the lake ( if you don't mind the muddy edges ) - Koonwarra Store for lunch (5 minutes away - you need to book) - Rail Trails (5 mins ) - Wilson's Promotory (50 mins) - Venus Bay & Walkerville Beaches (30-45 mins) - Inverloch beaches ( 25 mins ) - Bunurong Marine and Coastal Park, Cape Paterson ( 30mins, must see ) - Wineries and berry farms ( lots close ) - Go Karting at Stoney Creek - 20 mins) - Golfing at Leongatha Golf Club ( 10 minutes ) - Southern Gippsland and Baw Baw Wine Trails - Tourist Railway - Visit historic Coal Creek Heritage at Korumburra - Stock up on fresh local produce at a the Koonwarra Farmers' market (1st Saturday of every month). - George Bass Coastal Walk - Cape Liptrap working lighthouse
What makes this House unique
- Small/Medium size dog friendly (but please keep furry friends off the new couches ) - Great night time views of the stars from master bedroom windows. - Raised Wood log fire heater with large glass viewing door. New! - plenty of firewood - Rain water tanks with plenty of capacity for a good bath or shower. Kitchen water filter - Wallabies grazing most mornings and evenings, swans and ducks on the lake - Lots of finches, wombats, echidna, frogs, tree goannas and endangered swamp skinks (hard to find!) - Key pad entry ( no lost keys! ) - Linen and towels provided - DVD Player plus new 42inch LCD TV, Digital TV Reception on all channels - Non-smoking - Telstra and Optus mobile in range. Telstra NextG internet in range - New! Wheelchair access - New! Shade sails on the deck - New! Microwave and port-a-cot ( baby friendly! ) - New! 50 DVDs - New! iphone/ipod player - New! 1200 new native revegetation plantings verses the wallabies
Check-in: 1:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
A piece of heaven surrounded by bush
Just had the most relaxed and comfortable Easter getaways ever.Our family couldn't believe how beautiful this property is and how much wildlife we saw strolling down to the lake.The house felt like home very quickly because you provide so many extras and it was instantly comforting.Thankyou so much and we will be bragging about it for a while.
Peaceful and Perfect location for uninterrupted escape with my family
Great property. Magnificent scenery. Clean house. Very private & quiet.
We will be back. Can highly recommend this property
Location, cleanliness away from hustle and bustle
We stayed here for 4 nights during queen’s birthday long weekend. Lake house was a hidden gem. Location is just perfect facing the water and beautiful views of lush green. Kangaroos & Rabbits hopping around secluded property. If you looking for quiet place to wind down and kick back, we highly recommended. Property itself is very clean and has everything you need. We are defiantly coming back in summer.
We enjoyed our stay at the house, it was quiet and relaxing and the house had everything we required. It was also central for all of our activities. We would definitely stay again if coming down for more bike riding.
Fabulous Weekend Away
Highly recommend Koonwarra Lake House !!
Set on acres and acres of bushland, with wallabies, kangaroos, ducks and everything else you could imagine hopping around the property. The accommodation is perfect, with beautiful views over the lake....4 days away felt like 2 weeks.
Great wineries and cafes very close by, it couldn't have been better.
Cant wait to return !