About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 2 nights
(Min. 2 night stay.) This sun-drenched waterfront holiday home at exclusive Couran Point sleeps two families comfortably, up to 8 adults & 5 children. Located at Couran Point, you not only have the benefits of the home but can enjoy the all the facilities and activities that Couran Cove Island Resort has to offer!
Do as little or as much as the mood takes you...
Unwind and enjoy drinks on your private back deck as you watch the sun set.
Explore the island by bike. (3 adult & 2 children's bikes supplied)
Take a leisurely walk by the ocean.
Go fishing and catch some fresh fish to cook on the BBQ.
Swim or surf on the beach breaks.
Take one or both of the house canoes out for a paddle and adventure.
Head to Couran Cove Island Resort and enjoy all the facilities & activities on offer.
Head to Tipplers licensed cafe.
....the choice is yours!
LUXURY 5 BEDROOM WATERFRONT HOME
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
* Massive outdoor entertaining deck facing north east overlooking tranquil wide water views
* Own pontoon and sandy beach
* 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, all bedrooms are ultra large and spacious
* Air conditioned plus ceilings fans
* Fully self contained (laundry with washing machine & dryer)
* Gourmet kitchen with stone bench tops, stainless steel appliances
* Aldi coffee pod machine (BYO Aldi coffee pods)
* Servery onto timber deck complete with inset BBQ
* Separate upstairs kids retreat with lounge, TV, Play-station and games.
* Downstairs living area with large 50 inch TV, DVD, stereo
* Austar Satellite TV
* Fully fenced providing safety for the younger children and peace of mind while you relax and enjoy your holiday.
* Free bicycles are provided to allow you easy access around the estate and resort and to the surf beach, 2.5 klms across the island
* Fishing; bring your own gear and cast a line direct off the jetty or try some of the great locations along the surf beach or Broadwater
* Surfing/swimming; try some of the beach breaks for surfing & swimming
* Whales often sighted from beach side of the resort during the whale watching season
* Decorated to maximise your holiday relaxation and comfort this stunning home has quality furnishings, large dining table and chairs, comfortable couches. You won't want to leave at the end of your holiday!
SLEEPING ACCOMMODATION: (up to 8 Adults & 5 children)
* BRM 1. Grnd level, large master brm, queen bed, ensuite with spa bath, walk in robe. Sleeps 2
* BRM 2. Grnd level, large master brm with queen bed, ensuite, walk in robe. Sleeps 2
* BRM 3. Grnd level, queen size bed. Sleeps 2
* BRM 4. Grnd level, one double bunk bed. Sleeps 3
* BRM 5. Upstairs brm with two bunk beds. Sleeps 4
HOW TO GET TO THE HOUSE
You can get their via boat and moor your boat at the jetty.
Alternately you can get there via water taxi. The water taxi usually picks up at Runaway Bay Marina and it takes about 10-15 mins to get across to the island from there. If you will have your own vehicle it can be left in the parking area at the marina. Our water taxi driver Steve can take 8 adults and gear to the house for $80 each way. Just let Steve know you are travelling to the holiday house at Lot 15, Couran Point, and he will drop you directly at our own jetty.
Rates are based on for 6 adults and 5 children.
Peak Rates during school holidays & public holidays range from $500 to $700 per night - dependent on the length of your stay and number of guests.
Upon filling out enquiry and confirming your stay dates - we will confirm back with you the rental amount.
For your added security, this property is only managed in Australia and we never request payments be made to overseas bank accounts.
COURAN COVE ISLAND RESORT
Just 10 mins walk or a 1 minute boat ride away is Couran Island Resort.
For $50 you can dock your boat and $25 is credited towards your tab at any of the 3 restaurants/cafes. This also entitles you to enjoy all the fantastic facilities & activities that the resort offers, including:
* Top class Day Spa offering facials, massages & body treatments
* The Restaurant
* Poolside Cafe
* Boardwalk Cafe
* 25m heated lap pool
* Children's pool
* Running tracks
* Half-court basketball
* Cycling (fees apply)
* Ping pong room
* Giant outdoor chess
* Lawn balls
* Mini golf course
* Shuffle board
* Indoor cricket
* Beach volleyball
* Children's playground
* Quad bike tours (fees apply)
To book your day-trip/ marina berth spot - and for further information - go to their website or call. (can't list the details here - but can email website & phone number to you upon request).
Just 5 minutes boat ride away from the house is Tipplers which has a licensed cafe open for breaky lunch & dinner.
(can't list the details here - but can email website & phone number to you upon request).
Gold Coast City Council is currently upgrading the Tipplers Hub so it can sustain current and future visitation. But while Council is getting on with the improvements, there is no reason why visitors cannot enjoy this city jewel right now. Holidaymakers and visitors can take advantage of:
* The Tipplers Passage with fantastic, sheltered fishing and crabbing
* South Stradbroke Island's awesome surf break and kilometres of ocean front beach
* Barbecues and picnic areas and fully stocked kiosk
* A 'wet area' where BYO alcohol is allowed on shore
* Free concerts are held in the People's Park on the first Sunday of each month.
GENERAL INFO ABOUT STRADBROKE ISLAND
South Stradbroke Island is a natural treasure and a perfect holiday destination, conveniently located off the beautiful Gold Coast.
Easily accessible by boat, the island is perfect for day trips or a longer, more relaxing holiday.
South Stradbroke Island is largely untouched with beautiful natural areas to explore. And if you enjoy the outdoors the island is the perfect place to be with the main activities focusing on surfing, bush walking, swimming, canoeing, boating, jet-skiing and fishing.
However, if you feel like getting back to city lights of Surfers Paradise and the Gold Coast, the island is just a short boat trip to any one of the main towns and suburbs along the coast.
South Stradbroke Island offers the contrast between the calm, protected waters of the western beaches, and the sand dunes and surf of the eastern beaches. The western waters are protected from strong currents, leaving lagoon-like conditions perfect for swimming and a range of water sports. Whereas the beaches on the eastern side are great for surfing. There are many bush walks on the island, taking in secluded beaches, ocean views and abundant tropical forest.
Both the east and west sides of the island are easily navigated on foot.
The island is also home to a variety of wildlife, including the Golden Wallaby, which is not found anywhere else. South Stradbroke Island is one of the few places on the east coast where you can watch the sun rise and set over water.
The climate is subtropical, with sunshine almost all year round. Temperatures in coastal South- East Queensland range from an average of 20C in July to an average of 28C in February.
Due to issues in the past, whilst this may not be applicable to you, we do advise that Couran Island Retreat is not a “Party” house – it is located in a quiet residential area on the island. Whilst we want our guests to relax, enjoy and have a good time on their holiday breaks - we ask that guests be mindful of the comfort of other residents. There is a no Party policy and should noise or other complaints be received you may be asked to vacate the home immediately, this also applies to unauthorized occupants where extra guests are found to be staying in the home that have not been nominated.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 10, 2018
Pool / Spa
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Great family weekend away. The property has everything you need for a family get away. Most weekend was spent on the deck having BBQ's and fishing. Huge rooms for everyone. Kids retreat upstairs worked wonders. Owners for accommodating. We are already planning our next trip!!
Great house. No issues. Highly recommended getaway.
An excellent property!
This well appointed property was a pleasant surprise which suited our (extended) family of 6 (6) adults and three (3) children. Booking-in instructions were simple yet secure. Everything was supplied and was cleaned nicely prior to us moving in. I particularly appreciate the hassle-free arrangements prior to us coming to the property and would (already have) recommend this property to friends and family!
Perfect spot for extended family or two families
We filled this house on the October long weekend for our annual family gathering. It was a perfect choice. The house is well-designed, modern, spacious and clean with plenty of room for everyone to have their own space. It never felt crowded, had everything we needed plus some. Communication was easy and helpful leading up to our stay. Thanks for an opportunity to add to our bank of family memories.
Pleasant relaxing hoilday
First class modern home, we enjoyed a very relaxing Xmas there, spent most of the time on the back deck with a BBQ and Tv with 6 kids playing on the beach in front of the house or fishng off the jetty. Plenty of room for everyone, will be back again.
Thank you so much for allowing us to celebrate my 50th Birthday at your wonderful island retreat. T
Thank you so much for allowing us to celebrate my 50th Birthday at your wonderful island retreat. The rooms were huge & very comfortable. So much space for our boats to dock at your large jetty and lovely sandy beach front for us to all enjoy a dip! The north eastern aspect was perfectly gorgeous. The use of the bicycles, kayak, boards and toys was an added bonus, allowing us to discover the Island and enjoy water sports. We look forward to visiting with you again. Regards Karla